Origins' Easter Egg Ending Discussion

Ehjookayted

It never was a game, everything is real.

I have my own personal take on the ending to Origins and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in hearing it.

The theory- I personally believe the ending is a façade. Something that cannot be taken at face value. The Zombie Saga is not a game, but Samantha THINKS it is a game.

Simply put- the ending is a projection of Samantha’s consciousness in the Aether being manipulated and twisted by a malevolent external force. The entire cutscene takes place in the Aether in this false reality. Samantha believes her actions to be a part of a game, but they are really happening.

So what do you think? Should I pursue this theory?

In the words of Samantha during the Fly Trap achievement....

I WANT TO PLAY A GAME

Lets play hide and seek....

Seems relevant to me

Cool! Thanks. I think I am going to compile my theory.

YOU BETTER MATTZ!

otherwise..

I AM OFFICIALLY TICKED BEYOND EXPRESSION! EVERYTHING WE KNEW WAS A LIE?!?!! DEMPSEY TAKEO NIKOLAI, RUSSMAN,MISTY,MERLETON, SAMULE, AND EVERYONE WE CAME TO KNOW AND LOVE WAS A LIE?!!? A MEAR CHILD's GAME?! RICHTOFEN WASn't EVEN AN ADULT! HE WAS A STUPID CHILD! AND MAXIS! WHAT ON EARTH WAS THE POINT OF ANY OF THIS!

IT ALL MADE SENSE UP TO THE POINT IN WHICH MAXIS SAID: THE PARADOX MUST RESOLVE IT"S SELF...

So what did happen?

PLEASE! IM TOO ANGRY TO MAKE ANSWERS!

I AM!

FLIPPING ME!

DAMN YOU TRAYARCH! WHAT ON EARTH WAS YOUR PLAN?!? LET SIMPLE SUCH-NOTS LIKE THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS A COMMUNITY OF THOSE WHO EXPECT THE SICKEST, MOST IRONIC, AND POETICALLY-JUSTIFIED SCENES AT ALL! THE POINT OF ALLLLLLLLLLLL OUR WORK FOR THREE GAMES OF MIND-NUMBING EASTER EGGS AND GRIPPING HARDSHIPS WAS A GAME FOR A PAIR OF CHILDREN?!?!

NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO NO- HELL NO! NOPE NO NO NO NO NO, N-O! NO!

I COULD WRITE A BETTER STORY IN MY SLEEP! ONE WITHOUT WUSS-CHARACTERS NO ONE LIKES REPLACING A WHOLE CAST OF BRILLIANT CHARACTERS WITH THEIR OWN AMAZING CHARACTERISTICS!, ONE WITHOUT ALL THIS BEING A HORRIBLE CHILD'S PLAY THING!!! ONE WHERE A STUPID BIG BUTTON DID SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!!! ONE WHERE A CERTAIN STORYLINE DOESNT GET FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH SENSELESS PARADOXES AND UN-AGREEABLE TIME LINES!

BLACK OPS TWO IS NOW COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AN ABOMINATION OF A GAME! A TOXIC AND FATAL PARASITE TO BLACK OPS 1 AND WORLD AT WAR! I HONESTLY WISH THIS ENTIRE GAME HAD BEEN COMPLETELY SKIPPED! I HAVE STUCK UP FOR IT WHEN OTHERS HAVE SAID SUCH THINGS, BUT NOW I FEEL NOTHING BUT HATRED AND MALICE TOWARDS THIS DIS-HONERABLE ABOMINATION OF A GAME!

INFACT!

IM GOING RIGHT NOW TO THE THREAD IN MY SIG. AND REMOVING ALL THE PARTS ON BLACK OPS 2!!! GOOD BYE! SEE YOU LATER (NOT REALLY THERE'S A LOT OF WORK THERE BUT I AM REMOVING IT FROM THE MAIN PAGE)

:evil: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :evil: :evil: :cry: :evil: :roll: :oops: :evil: :cry: :evil:

I think it is all real. And I would like to say that Eddy is a liar. I think we know who is controlling the zombies from now on. And his name is "Eddy".

I am debating how I should go through with this.

Should I go and make my own thread or leave it all here?

I was also thinking about making a video where I just explain my theory.

I am too antsy to type. Should I make a video?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my own personal take on the ending to Origins and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in hearing it.

The theory- I personally believe the ending is a façade. Something that cannot be taken at face value. The Zombie Saga is not a game, but Samantha THINKS it is a game.

Simply put- the ending is a projection of Samantha’s consciousness in the Aether being manipulated and twisted by a malevolent external force. The entire cutscene takes place in the Aether in this false reality. Samantha believes her actions to be a part of a game, but they are really happening.

No thats a big stretch. I just cant see 3arch being that creative to tell a story only to end it open ended happening. Seems like a clear ending to me.

This, it's an EXTRA GAME MODE with a small department in comparison working on it, regardless if the campaign came and helped here and there. They aren't going to invest all these things that people try and justify with real world events, and how it all plays a role in the grand finale, when TREYARCH HAS NEVER CONFIRMED ANY OF OUR THEORIES IN 5 YEARS LOL. Take this however you want it, but just don't disregard this ending as completely impossible is all I'm saying, it really can be this simple and some choose not to see it. That's one thing this community is known for though which is going over every inch before coming to a conclusion, so I can expect nothing less lol.

No thats a big stretch. I just cant see 3arch being that creative to tell a story only to end it open ended happening. Seems like a clear ending to me.

This, it's an EXTRA GAME MODE with a small department in comparison working on it, regardless if the campaign came and helped here and there. They aren't going to invest all these things that people try and justify with real world events, and how it all plays a role in the grand finale, when TREYARCH HAS NEVER CONFIRMED ANY OF OUR THEORIES IN 5 YEARS LOL. Take this however you want it, but just don't disregard this ending as completely impossible is all I'm saying, it really can be this simple and some choose not to see it. That's one thing this community is known for though which is going over every inch before coming to a conclusion, so I can expect nothing less lol.

I tend to over analyze things a lot :lol:.

I am not disregarding the ending. I do believe it happened. I am just looking at it from a different perspective and trying to fit it into the storyline.

Could I be wrong? Yes entirely.

Could the ending be that simple? It sure can.

But I feel I should at the least express my thoughts and see what happens from there.

@Mattzs

Please do sir :) I just have seen too many comments from the crowd of "this could still be real" being so bigoted. Whereas there's been fewer from the "I think it was all just a game" crowd trying to shove their "absolutes" down the others throats.

I personally think its due to the fact that some are very very hurt by this ending and are having a tough time accepting that this is all how it could have gone down destroying a sense of their own "realities" in turn, and thus the extra hate is spewing from this crowd as a result.

All in all the sooner the aforementioned crowd accepts that the journey is what it's all about and maybe they can still "pretend" it's all really happening while playing the game, the sooner they will enjoy it all, if this truly is the real end. I mean this whole thing was fake anyways, you're gonna let some cutscene that is interpreted many ways sum up your whole enjoyment of the adventure? C'mon,... It's fantasy,...FANTASIZE.

I personally am not mad at the fact it's all fake i'm mad at all the time and effort we put into it all the theories, time playing the game, doing easter eggs and the people who put effort into to making youtube channels dedicated to it.. it seems like a massive screw you from Treyarch. As much as I don't wan't to forget everything we have been through and start over I don't mind.. maybe something new is good? Letting go of the characters is the hardest part since they helped me and made me happy for last years it just seems a shame to throw it all away. :roll:

I personally am not mad at the fact it's all fake i'm mad at all the time and effort we put into it all the theories, time playing the game, doing easter eggs and the people who put effort into to making youtube channels dedicated to it.. it seems like a massive screw you from Treyarch. As much as I don't wan't to forget everything we have been through and start over I don't mind.. maybe something new is good? Letting go of the characters is the hardest part since they helped me and made me happy for last years it just seems a shame to throw it all away. :roll:

I get that, I really do, but after all those years of theorycrafting and treyarch never once confirming anything as solid fact should have told People to cool it. In the end it was all your choice.

Rage and many typos

I was actually waiting for you to post this. Believe it or not I knew you would, your enthusiasm for the zombies storyline practically drips off my phone screen. Among all of us here at codz I think it might of been the toughest for you to swallow. :/

Okay so the whole of zombies so far was just imagined by richtofen and sam. However at the end Maxis tells Sam to make sure her window is locked and then Sam says "My dad says he has a plan" suggesting there's a problem possibly with a zombie outbreak so eddie and sam are imagining people fighting them hence why eddie says "i wish the heroes in our story were real"

To me this suggests that they will bring out a whole new zombies story if it returns and hopefully it will have a better end!

It could also mean if zombies returns in future CoD games, you'll be fighting as richtofen and sam as she says "Don't worry, we will make everything okay" suggesting that there is actually a zombie outbreak (which is why they're imagining stories about it) and maxis, richtofen and sam are attempting to stop it!

Don't get me wrong i think the ending is absolutely diabolical from treyarc however it is extremely clever in terms of making money. Think about it, zombies is a massive reason people buy CoD DLC and if they carried on this story for too long then it would start to get stale and people would lose interest. So instead of doing this they take the lazy route and do a very simple ending to a very complicated and sophisticated story. However due to the fact only around 15-20% (this is just an estimate) Of the zombies community actually know the full story, the majority of the market for zombies is still interested in getting it. Also out of the 15-20% of people who know the story, i can see very little deciding to wash their hands of it all together if they were that immersed in it in the first place!

So basically treyarc have seen that they can lose a minimal ammount of money whilst putting in the minimum ammount of effort possible. Although annoying for the zombies community, it is good play from treyarc

Like I said in MMX's thread, this applies to some of you.

Ok people. In all honesty, you people are just sounding bipolar, and it's confusing me. First, you go and say/think you want the story to be real. And then you go and watch the ending and think "oh, it's fake, my life's ruined…" And here's MMX coming up with a way to explain how it actually is real, and you want to shoot it down.

People, pick one. Make up your mind.

There are a few small things present in the cutscene that I noticed. Though they are small, they are not necessarily Easter Eggs and I don't think they should be disregarded. After all, this is the ultimate ending to zombies.

The first thing is the actual perspective we're seeing this through. I don't believe Samantha is playing with a camera, but instead, an actual figurine. After thinking on it for a bit and analyzing the cutscene, I noticed that all of the N4 are there, but only three of the O4 are there. We see Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo. But no Dempsey. With this in mind, rewind a bit. Sam is holding us close to her face, then makes shooting sound effects as she rams us into the zombie figurines, as if we were shooting them. This is almost enough proof for me to say we are at least supposed to be seeing through the eyes of one of the protagonists. Dempsey was notorious for breaking the fourth wall in our game, particularly in Moon, saying things directly to the player like "Hey player! Drop the chips ad get me some ammo!" We also heard things like this from Misty, but we actually see her in the scene, not to mention we've been with Tank sense the beginning. The only question I have is this: Why? I feel as though there must be something behind this that needs to be explained. Why have we been looking through Tank's eyes this whole time?

The next thing I'd like to bring up is the lunar eclipse we see literally beginning to occur and progressing through the cutscene.

Again, I must ask: Why? Why didn't 3arc just throw in a Moon in a cloudy sky?

Also, a few things pertaining to Maxis:

1. Why is he speaking to the children through a PA? Why not just yell upstairs to them? Well, perhaps Maxis isn't even there. He could be talking from them from wherever. He may not even be alive. He could be speaking through an AI.

2. Why do the windows need to be locked? And why must they go to the basement? What is going on through the city or town or wherever they are? Perhaps something is happening. An invasion of the area by the Allies, plague, or maybe even zombies.

Just a few things that I feel are key, considering it's the actual content of the scene vs. just a random scene of Sam and Eddy being interrupted by Sam's dad.

Ok people. In all honesty, you people are just sounding bipolar, and it's confusing me. First, you go and say/think you want the story to be real. And then you go and watch the ending and think "oh, it's fake, my life's ruined…" And here's MMX coming up with a way to explain how it actually is real, and you want to shoot it down.

Well no, he is basically saying the Cinematic is real, everything else well isn't.

I e come up with several other scenarios that are just as plausible but because of the ending, that is what it is being focused on.

I would like to remind members here back when Der Riese Trailer was different to the actual in game Der Riese, people spent months trying to UNLOCK Der Riese when in actual fact Treyarch heavily edited Der Riese before launch, taking away more playable areas than we actually go to play in.

Its easy to get swept away i. The moment and i do personally like MMx theory, but before we jump on the band wagon we need to make sure there is nothing we are missing, quotes, other radios, the Peices of code that havent even been decoded yet, hidden around the map in origins. All these things and more could change everything we think now.

so dont take it as people are bashing him, or people are acting bipolar, he has a theory, yes its good, but its not in key with Treyarchs usual mix of clues. So although MMx may well be right, everyone has a right to. Theory of their own and YOU shouldn't dismiss anyone else just because you believe his is right.

Well no, he is basically saying the Cinematic is real, everything else well isn't.

I e come up with several other scenarios that are just as plausible but because of the ending, that is what it is being focused on.

I would like to remind members here back when Der Riese Trailer was different to the actual in game Der Riese, people spent months trying to UNLOCK Der Riese when in actual fact Treyarch heavily edited Der Riese before launch, taking away more playable areas than we actually go to play in.

Its easy to get swept away i. The moment and i do personally like MMx theory, but before we jump on the band wagon we need to make sure there is nothing we are missing, quotes, other radios, the Peices of code that havent even been decoded yet, hidden around the map in origins. All these things and more could change everything we think now.

so dont take it as people are bashing him, or people are acting bipolar, he has a theory, yes its good, but its not in key with Treyarchs usual mix of clues. So although MMx may well be right, everyone has a right to. Theory of their own and YOU shouldn't dismiss anyone else just because you believe his is right.

I never stated whether I thought his was right or not, and that shouldn't matter. The thing I'm trying to get across is that some (not all) of you are really contradicting yourselves. Of course there may still be undiscovered information in this map, but the point is that you can't go around one day saying you love something, and the next day saying you hate it. It takes time to develop a love or a hate for something, and one change shouldn't mean that much. Everyone has a right to a theory, but that doesn't mean that it is always right.

Did I dismiss the idea this is all fake? No. Would I prefer it real? Yes.

It's like saying your entire life was a lie, and then really finding out about it. You don't want to accept it, but sometimes you have to. Maybe this is real. Maybe it's fake. But you can't go around saying you want it to real, and then shooting down theories that say how it is real.

None of this is directed at you, it's just people like that.

Has anyone actually considered the fact that the kid named eddy is actually is actually Dr. Edward richtofen and th story the created is actully wat is going to happen in their lives. I mean if u think about it it looks like there might be a zlmbie apocalyps happening when they showed the cutscene and maybe Dr.maxis found away to keep samantha young and if he did and gave her that medicine it maybe erased her momory or put her into a trance we may never know but I don't belive that this is the end of zombies

Has anyone actually considered the fact that the kid named eddy is actually is actually Dr. Edward richtofen and th story the created is actully wat is going to happen in their lives. I mean if u think about it it looks like there might be a zlmbie apocalyps happening when they showed the cutscene and maybe Dr.maxis found away to keep samantha young and if he did and gave her that medicine it maybe erased her momory or put her into a trance we may never know but I don't belive that this is the end of zombies

Just an afterthought: If this is a child's game with toys and little girl...they have problems. Look at our characters, their language, their attitude, their mental stability. Sam and Eddy need therapy or something...

When I first saw the ending, this was my first thought. Seriously, it's kinda funny when you look at it like this.

I posted this in the "Letters" thread over a week ago:

Remember Samantha's room in Kino? WAAAAY back then. Remember the original four as "dolls" set up around a "playset" with the teddy bear staring at them. That was in Samantha's "Normal" room. In the "demonized" room the characters were gone and everything was messed up.

Also, remember the lullaby in Der Reise way back in WaW?

What if what we are playing, experiencing, is all part of a narration, a story as told by Samantha. It all began when she wanted to "play a game"...

Just a possibility though... :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?p=327538#p327538

It wasn't exactly correct but I think that we do need to look into Samantha's role as the story teller and who or what she represents in the big scheme of it all...

I don't think the story is done with, and I really hope it isn't but after playing origins I wouldn't even be mad, although I will be sad if this is truly the end of the saga.

I've never been this confused, and amazed, and so many feels since I watched the movie INCEPTION.

By god It is INCEPTION

Treyarch has planted this whole Storyline/Zombies Idea In our heads for years until we have to wake up and realize... it was all a game.. a dream... and real life is agartha and we were just... TOYS being pawns of a children's story.

Its Samantha's turn Which is why origins is the beginning then it goes on until Black ops 2 which then it goes to "eddies turn"

Eddie had Richtofen in his hand

Eddie has the same hairstyle has richtofen

Eddie says there eyes should be blue

Eddie is angry at samantha and says you dont know how to play properly.

All signs that Richtofen has, im not saying Eddie is richtofen but Im saying that like us Eddie is playing.

It has to be WWII which is why there are sirens due to bombings which is why they go down to the basement.

Although I'm not sure what Samantha means by "My dad has a plan." A plan to what?

This is all a huge mind bender which I love treyarch for doing for.

This last cutscene totally reminded me of when I played with legos and toy cars, g i joes and other toys.. setting up a story MY story creating my own rules and everything.

Although Samantha and Eddie must be one messed up kids to make a huge story filled with death and despair.

Although Don't Fret or worry there is certainly many more stories to tell and more sights to see indeed...

the Dream is just beginning.

I feel alot of zombies fans need to watch tales from the crypt. This was that type of ending. But we wont know for sure til next game. I was thinking last night it would be awesome if they made a map based off the little girls room. Since everything is there you could incorporate alittle of everything from all the maps. Plus it would be badass to train zombies around a My little pony. Lol

• Tech Admin

This, it's an EXTRA GAME MODE with a small department in comparison working on it.

Correct, it is an "extra game" mode, however, is past experience extra game modes are small in comparison and do not come with this level of a storyline.

Treyarch brought this in as they had a story they wanted to tell, it has a beginningand it will have an end. However, the story imo has only just begun.

I love the theories that have been put into this, one that sticks out was that we would be heading to the south pole. So many avenues could be taken with the story, watch this space.

Treyarch literally blew everyone's mind off with this ending... But I just have this gut feeling that it's not over yet...

The only thing that I wish could've been changed is that if the N4 had intro cinematics like MotD and Origins... Surely beats the whole comic-themed slideshow cutscenes. :(

Also, the fact that TranZit lacks an intro is also irritating.

Sirens existed in WW1, do not think because sirens existed in the ending that it has to be WW2.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/ww1-air-raid-siren

Now as the main characters are of German descent, it is logical to think they are somewhere in Germany and that the Sirens being heard are from bombing raids during WW2 being made by the allies.

Yeah but the tanzit bus is amoung the toys. Thats a semi modern looking bus. Plus the PJ's look to new to be in the 30's.

This, it's an EXTRA GAME MODE with a small department in comparison working on it.

Correct, it is an "extra game" mode, however, is past experience extra game modes are small in comparison and do not come with this level of a storyline.

Treyarch brought this in as they had a story they wanted to tell, it has a beginningand it will have an end. However, the story imo has only just begun.

I love the theories that have been put into this, one that sticks out was that we would be heading to the south pole. So many avenues could be taken with the story, watch this space.

Correct, I get where you're coming from, that comment was directed at those who are trying to cross reference some graffiti on a wall, and make it tie in with a map 4 years later and how if they don't solve this puzzle the world will implode.

I know treyarch are geniuses in their own right, but I'm sorry not everything means something, the Lost numbers in Verruckt were simple a shout out to the show, nothing more and then some members go an watch the whole show I bet to find an underlying meaning lol.

It's just, as I've said a million times now, if treyarch had regularly dropped in to confirm some stuff I could see the madness continue, but after 5 years and nothing? You're choosing to do it and its no ones fault but your own if they disappoint you.

• Tech Admin

Apologies if it came across as a dig at yourself, that's not how I intended it. All I was saying was for an extra game mode, it has a pretty in depth story mode. Something that appears to have been well thought out and implemented so far.

Like all sequels, trilogy's, quadrilogy's and so on - you can only take it so far before the plot is lost. That's not to say that the Zombies story is dead in the water, just that they may get another game or two before they need to or should draw it to a conclusion.

i kind of belive it was all just a game :/ but who cares lol was a good game, but everything we had in zombies was there in that room :/ but who knows.

intresting thing is there was them not things on the bed at the end

samantha had 20 notches

eddie only had 10

wich is 30 (obv)

im guessin this is dem counting there "turns" but theres 30 notches & we only have 16 maps, so that mean we gonna get more in the future? :/

my other theory is... maybe sumfing happend to "eddie" when he went down to the basement wich made him older, cuz in the trailer for origins u see richotofen looking at his hands in a confused way :/ in a like "wtf way" lol

but who knows im not really to clever when it comes to theorys & that i enjoy reading them tho :) but that was just a few things that poped in my head