Origins' Easter Egg Ending Discussion

Ehjookayted

Firstly, let's assume Treyarch didn't make any mistake in their story telling and assume all that we have is "cannon". Otherwise, theory-crafting would be nonsense.

Ok - firstly, let's state some facts i think people are missing:

1. Ending movie cannot be in WW2 era. It's afterwar times (i think cold war, same time as "Five")

- Their pyjamas (minor hint) don't fit WW2 era

- Toy bomber in box (plastic bomber toy during WW2 era?)

- Bus toy related to modern bus from America (whole Tranzit place - maybe they were there? Maxis could work there.)

- Assention map mentioned (cold war era - how WW2 child in Germany would imagine Russian space program?)

- Nuketown, N4 mentioned (clearly modern times)

- Shelters in basement (era of permanent danger of nuclear war)

2. There is no "Five" toys in ending

Anyone noticed? NOTHING from this map.

3. No Call of the dead in ending

It comes far after cold war.

4. "Dentist" chair in Kino der Toten

Another hint about modern USA? This room looks like many CIA rooms introduced in BO1/BO2. Samantha must have seen one?

Conclusion:

I think O4/N4 story was a child imagination builded up to her life with dad, German scienesist - probably caputred by Americans and working for them in Pentagon project? Moreover i think ending takes place in USA. "True" zombie outbreak takes place in "Five" (just when we hear siren?), due to Maxis past research. Its also this "plan". Samantha know a lot of zombie stories / conspiracy theories from her father, so that's why we spoted them. However, i have no theory about Call of the dead.

Well, i think we should start looking for hints in "Five". Just an idea. I know this map was like "fun mode", but... Why they put almost all map-connected stuff into her room skipping this?

There's posters on the wall in the room that promote knowledge of other maps such as CotD (there's a CIA looking dude on it and the font used in the barely legible script resembles CotD) the others are sort of self explanatory.

I like caddy idea on how this was all a glorified doll game recreation though.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and yeah, that's cool. She has a HD video-camera in the end. I didn't know that existed back in 1917.

I think since we never saw the Dempsey toy, the cam was Tank's POV. but still :lol: you made me laugh!

What I think really happened was the game is from Samantha's perspective and Edward is a child in her mind because of his childish personality and what she thinks is a game is affecting the real world and this all takes place in argartha. btw this is not the whole theory as the person who came up with this theory deleted it after the chat but that's along the lines. full credit goes to killertauntaun.

but it could always be another reality where it was all a game! :evil:

Gonna assume there won't be a fourth season of cod zombies as of...right...now. :'(

But why? Eddie didn't even get his turn...

Am I the only one who thinks this turned out not to be a exact "prequel" to the zombies story, but this is obviously in the WW1 era. we hear her dad Maxis calling to her to lock down the windows or what not. she "wishes the heroes were real". maybe she imagined THIS voyage the origins game. She has heard her father talking about 115, etc, and then after years of research within group 935 it starts actually happening.

so my theory isnt that EVERY zombie map has been a made up game between samantha and eddie (who is quite obviously DR. EDDIE RICHTOFEN imo) but just this one, and once WW2 time comes around its actually the events we know that are happening. To answer the onvious question "how is samantha still a little girl in the MDT on the moon?"

maybe she's been there longer than we thought. maybe maxis put her there for safety in the war without knowing all the consequences. idk.

now in the case that I am wrong and this should be taken at face value and the whole thing is just made up by a child, thats pretty disappointing.

but a couple more reasons why i think that isnt true. the WaW maps... are Nazi Zombies. how could a small child in 1918 make up stories involving a world war that hasnt happened yet? and Five takes place at same time as ascension. how could a girl in 1918 have known about JFK and Fidel Castro?

my point is that while this map obviously simply was the product of a girl and boy's imagination, i think the main story is still in tact when samanthas imagination becomes reality

:EDIT: just read FatedTitan's thread and he said it way better than I did. 100% in agreement with his viewpoint on this.

:EDIT 2: My real beef with this EE is that it FREAKING ENDS THE GAME! so obvious that this and Mob of the Dead had the same people heading it up. zombies is facing ENDLESS HORDES OF THE UNDEAD. There is no END other than death! ugh that pisses me off so much. The EE should be rewarded with something amazing (perma-perks or something similar) and then you play until you die. thats it! :evil: :evil: :evil:

i dont think treyarch would just end this story like this...or i at least hope not. i think (as said by some others) that the cutscene signifies the start of the zombies storyline that we've come to know and love. i think that this is the only map made up, and that the others weren't apart of this "game" between Eddie and Samantha.

I was just browsing through some stuff on youtube that was released in the run up to Origins and I remembered this write up, it's taken from callofduty.com:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse marks Treyarch and Activision’s fourth and final DLC map pack for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2, capping-off the year with two all-new Multiplayer Maps, two re-imagined fan-favorite Multiplayer classics, and an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield.

I think it doesn't have much relevance but what are they getting at by stating that Origins is an alternate reality zombie experience?

Here's a theory I haven't read yet.

The cut scene is set in Germany at the beginning of WWII.

The girl is Samantha, Maxis's daughter, and Maxis is the voice we hear.

Origins was all made up by Sam and Eddie, inspired by her father's work.

But from that moment, things happen in the real world: zombie research, Nacht, WaW maps, BO maps, BO2 maps.

So basically only Origins was a made up history by a little girl, and the rest is real.

Origins, as we played it, is, like Vahn said, "one version of the story." Maybe similar events happened during WWI and Maxis was involved, but Sam got much of the true story wrong, exaggerated it, or changed it for fun.

I was just browsing through some stuff on youtube that was released in the run up to Origins and I remembered this write up, it's taken from callofduty.com:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse marks Treyarch and Activision’s fourth and final DLC map pack for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2, capping-off the year with two all-new Multiplayer Maps, two re-imagined fan-favorite Multiplayer classics, and an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield.

I think it doesn't have much relevance but what are they getting at by stating that Origins is an alternate reality zombie experience?

I generally think it is in an alternate reality as they stated so i'm really not worried about cutscene because no matter what I believe Treyarch wouldn't have screwed up this bad.. they have a plan I know they do.

I know someone may have said this but this is my take on this "cop out" of an ending they put together.

Lets see we have 2 kids in a room Sam and Eddie.

One kid says there eyes should be blue (Eddie) one disagrees (Sam)

So BO1 story Samantha is making the rules and Eddie is playing against her as the People.

(Like think of the toys. Eddie is playing with our O4, due to him being in the group. And Sam with the zombie toys)

Then Next Game Eddie controls the zombies (BO2 storyline) and makes their eyes blue like he wanted and now Sam controls the characters. (Which could make sense why we have Misty because maybe Samantha wanted a girl character) This is just a theory though.

Origins

They both want to change the eye colors but can't agree. Which is why we see zombies with 2 different eye colors. Then also why we hear the argument about the eyes at the end.

The dogs name is Fluffy which is where they could have got the idea for Fluffy and the hellhounds. And everything in the room was in the game.

What i see here is that Zombies was a childs imagination going wild while her and her friend play with toys. What we see is whats in their heads, when we were really just toys.

I've thought this since Kino after going into her room after PaP and seeing the action figures. But i never thought they would do something as horrible as this. I feel like Treyarch just took 5 years to let us down.

Alternate reality my bottom.

Im pretty sure the earth hasn't blown up and zombies have destroyed whats left of humanity? Or have i missed something?

The whole point of Zombies is Treyarch use real world events in there story as an alternate reality to begin with!

So an alternate reality of and alternate reality is actually in fact....reality?

Balderdash

EDIT: map description in game for Origins is as follows

Witness the origins of Group 935, as an ancient Evil is unleashed upon the battlefields of WW1

No mention of alternate reality

Witness the origins of Group 935, as an ancient Evil is unleashed upon the battlefields of WW1

"An alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield."

I know about the web description, i meant in the in game description, sorry i should have been specific

"An alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield."

What your quoting is an overall description of the maps theme, that its an alternate-reality to mine and your reality, not the characters Tank and Richtofen game reality. Also, notice how it says in the web description "OF A WW1 battlefield" and the other pertaining to the game itself talks about it as if all that matters is the characters reality "upon THE battlefields of WW1"

The one quote is directly from the map description which concerns the story moreso. I knows it's sort of a grey area but these types of mistranslations are quite common when there's multiple source references.

What if........Mob of the Dead is the cannon story? I mean sure she has a motd zombie, but, as far as we know that purgatory ACTUALLY happened unlike the other events apparently

no that doesn't make any sense.

here's what I get from this. Origins is a completely made up story by Samantha. it has nothing physically to do with the nacht thru buried story... but something had to spark her imagination. so i think she has overheard her father talking about some of these things or maybe has heard stories about her "heroes"

what we see in the ending cut scene is an actual scene prior to where we begin at Nacht, Verruckt, SNN, and der reise.

so samantha made up origins, but she made it up based on things that were already beginning around her

Someones is going to have to get the gif of the wrestling fan that made the famous quote " its still real to me damnit". I like how they put it out there and spelled it out, yet people still theorize the what ifs. I hate 3arch more for the last line bc now this will never die. People will never give up that the story is over. Personally I think its for the best. More casuals will be interested in the easter eggs since they will make more sense. I felt they started this with the challenges which I think we will see more of with a hidden challenge instead of the story based challenges. Just my thoughts.

What if........Mob of the Dead is the cannon story? I mean sure she has a motd zombie, but, as far as we know that purgatory ACTUALLY happened unlike the other events apparently

here's what I get from this. Origins is a completely made up story by Samantha. it has nothing physically to do with the nacht thru buried story... but something had to spark her imagination. so i think she has overheard her father talking about some of these things or maybe has heard stories about her "heroes"

what we see in the ending cut scene is an actual scene prior to where we begin at Nacht, Verruckt, SNN, and der reise.

so samantha made up origins, but she made it up based on things that were already beginning around her

This is what I think it means whe she says 'my dad has a plan'

That starts the whole zombies saga from there!

Has anyone figured out what date the cutscene is set? That might be a big clue in how this is involved in things perhaps.

I haven't said anything in here yet, so I just wanna say that OMG that was awesome!! That confirms/ clears up a load of ideas and theories :')

So many details in Sam's room from all the games, though one thing I couldn't work out is what are the tally marks under their names on the bed leg? Number of maps they've been in control??

This is what I think it means whe she says 'my dad has a plan'

That starts the whole zombies saga from there!

Has anyone figured out what date the cutscene is set? That might be a big clue in how this is involved in things perhaps.

I haven't said anything in here yet, so I just wanna say that OMG that was awesome!! That confirms/ clears up a load of ideas and theories :')

So many details in Sam's room from all the games, though one thing I couldn't work out is what are the tally marks under their names on the bed leg? Number of maps they've been in control??

The problem myself and a lot of others have with this particular scenario is, if after they shut the door and head down to the basement "the whole saga starts" is that how did they have paraphanelia from maps that haven't taken place yet? There's just too many to count, and it wouldn't make sense that they had foresight into all of the events that were about to transpire and just walk right in to it.

Also this contradicts that maxis, Samantha, and fluffy were locked in the room by Richtofen (who's apparently a boy in your scenario) and left to "die" in Der Reise. Your theory raises WAY TOO MANY INCONSISTENCIES with time travel, mind wiping and just way too messy, like more than lost, and that's bad. The going theory now is that to accept it as it is with the possiblilty of starting a new "Real" story, possibly based off these events or involving some characters somehow, but who knows lol.

It never was a game, everything is real.

I have my own personal take on the ending to Origins and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in hearing it.

The theory- I personally believe the ending is a façade. Something that cannot be taken at face value. The Zombie Saga is not a game, but Samantha THINKS it is a game.

Simply put- the ending is a projection of Samantha’s consciousness in the Aether being manipulated and twisted by a malevolent external force. The entire cutscene takes place in the Aether in this false reality. Samantha believes her actions to be a part of a game, but they are really happening.

So what do you think? Should I pursue this theory?

I have my own personal take on the ending to Origins and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in hearing it.

The theory- I personally believe the ending is a façade. Something that cannot be taken at face value. The Zombie Saga is not a game, but Samantha THINKS it is a game.

Simply put- the ending is a projection of Samantha’s consciousness in the Aether being manipulated and twisted by a malevolent external force. The entire cutscene takes place in the Aether in this false reality. Samantha believes her actions to be a part of a game, but they are really happening.

In the words of Samantha during the Fly Trap achievement....

I WANT TO PLAY A GAME

Lets play hide and seek....

Seems relevant to me

YOU BETTER MATTZ!

otherwise..

I AM OFFICIALLY TICKED BEYOND EXPRESSION! EVERYTHING WE KNEW WAS A LIE?!?!! DEMPSEY TAKEO NIKOLAI, RUSSMAN,MISTY,MERLETON, SAMULE, AND EVERYONE WE CAME TO KNOW AND LOVE WAS A LIE?!!? A MEAR CHILD's GAME?! RICHTOFEN WASn't EVEN AN ADULT! HE WAS A STUPID CHILD! AND MAXIS! WHAT ON EARTH WAS THE POINT OF ANY OF THIS!

IT ALL MADE SENSE UP TO THE POINT IN WHICH MAXIS SAID: THE PARADOX MUST RESOLVE IT"S SELF...

So what did happen?

PLEASE! IM TOO ANGRY TO MAKE ANSWERS!

I AM!

FLIPPING ME!

DAMN YOU TRAYARCH! WHAT ON EARTH WAS YOUR PLAN?!? LET SIMPLE SUCH-NOTS LIKE THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS A COMMUNITY OF THOSE WHO EXPECT THE SICKEST, MOST IRONIC, AND POETICALLY-JUSTIFIED SCENES AT ALL! THE POINT OF ALLLLLLLLLLLL OUR WORK FOR THREE GAMES OF MIND-NUMBING EASTER EGGS AND GRIPPING HARDSHIPS WAS A GAME FOR A PAIR OF CHILDREN?!?!

NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO NO- HELL NO! NOPE NO NO NO NO NO, N-O! NO!

I COULD WRITE A BETTER STORY IN MY SLEEP! ONE WITHOUT WUSS-CHARACTERS NO ONE LIKES REPLACING A WHOLE CAST OF BRILLIANT CHARACTERS WITH THEIR OWN AMAZING CHARACTERISTICS!, ONE WITHOUT ALL THIS BEING A HORRIBLE CHILD'S PLAY THING!!! ONE WHERE A STUPID BIG BUTTON DID SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!!! ONE WHERE A CERTAIN STORYLINE DOESNT GET FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH SENSELESS PARADOXES AND UN-AGREEABLE TIME LINES!

BLACK OPS TWO IS NOW COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AN ABOMINATION OF A GAME! A TOXIC AND FATAL PARASITE TO BLACK OPS 1 AND WORLD AT WAR! I HONESTLY WISH THIS ENTIRE GAME HAD BEEN COMPLETELY SKIPPED! I HAVE STUCK UP FOR IT WHEN OTHERS HAVE SAID SUCH THINGS, BUT NOW I FEEL NOTHING BUT HATRED AND MALICE TOWARDS THIS DIS-HONERABLE ABOMINATION OF A GAME!

INFACT!

IM GOING RIGHT NOW TO THE THREAD IN MY SIG. AND REMOVING ALL THE PARTS ON BLACK OPS 2!!! GOOD BYE! SEE YOU LATER (NOT REALLY THERE'S A LOT OF WORK THERE BUT I AM REMOVING IT FROM THE MAIN PAGE)

:evil: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :evil: :evil: :cry: :evil: :roll: :oops: :evil: :cry: :evil:

No thats a big stretch. I just cant see 3arch being that creative to tell a story only to end it open ended happening. Seems like a clear ending to me.