Origins' Easter Egg Ending Discussion

Ehjookayted

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy finished the EE and has the achievement so I guess we can talk about this now?

proof http://postimg.org/image/u9g6knfar/

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7016/cf4l.jpg

thought on this ending? crazy or what!?!?!?!

major spoiler, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE IT

link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQlrZYw3Os8

I know ETERNAL has some very interesting thoughts on this...

edit: liam, nik, rofl, and saggy apparently just completed it as well. so my thread here has to be good to go now, YAY!

Won't believe someone has actually done it, until I see actual gameplay. The screenshot looks really weird, and the achievement picture looks fishy too (not to mention there are ways to hack achievements using JTAG'd consoles).

EDIT: Liam just completed the EE, so we'll end up seeying actual gameplay very soon. So doesn't matter, we can discuss it now.

So we can discuss how bad the ending was now? Good. Hopefully the ending was just a metaphor for how Sam controls the zombies, otherwise I'm pretty sure this will sit well with no one.

I think it's pretty obvious by the end of the cutscene, that Eddie and Samantha wanted Zombies to be real, and Maxis made that a reality. She clearly says in the very end that her "dad" has a plan. The cutscene is suposed to be the "origins" of it all, on how it all started.

EDIT: Tried to put the above on "spoilers", but the tags don't seem to work, lol.

So we can discuss how bad the ending was now? Good. Hopefully the ending was just a metaphor for how Sam controls the zombies, otherwise I'm pretty sure this will sit well with no one.

I think it's pretty obvious by the end of the cutscene, that Eddie and Samantha wanted Zombies to be real, and Maxis made that a reality. She clearly says in the very end that her "dad" has a plan. The cutscene is suposed to be the "origins" of it all, on how it all started.

And like I said, there has to be more to it. That is a surefire way of killing your fanbase, making it so everything was just a stupid game. It was in a way kind of cute, but that doesn't justify basically restarting the storyline. I think it's a metaphor, and besides, we've seen Sam's room with the action figures of the crew, so... yeah.

I have some sort of theory for this:

Basically, after supposedly freeing Samantha in Origins, she escapes Agartha and comes into the real world. The zombie outbreak is contained, and no one else knows aobut it, besides the O4, Maxis, Samantha and whichever members of Group 935 are still alive at the site. Maxis took her in as his daughter (of course, that would be after he has found a body to put his brain in :roll: ).

Samantha would try to tell a story of what happened that day when playing with her friends, specifically Eddie (who may or may not be related to Richtofen). But of course, he doesn't believe it's real, and he even thinks that Samantha doesn't know enough about zombies.

Also, Samantha's last line about Maxis having a plan... Plus Eddie's wish for their heroes to "become real". I believe this is the moment where the super soldier test subjects are captured :twisted:

That is what I think of this cutscene. Since I won't get Origins until September when it comes out for PC, I still don't have enough information, so some things may be flawed.

...I'm going to pretend this cutscene doesn't exist, whose with me? :?

But seriously, I'm with ZOTD on this one- Eddie and Sam probably represent Richtofen and Samantha, the two most prominent and powerful characters in the game, and to them, their immense power and control of nearly anything and everything has rendered the mortal world and its inhabitants to be a pure meaningless game.

Well, it's either that or......

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... im-out.gif

I wouldn't say this ending is bad just because it turns out to be have been a game of sorts (something which Treyarch have been hinting at for a pretty long time now)

What's the first thing Maxis says?

"But we will make everything okay" obviously there's something wrong that needs to be fixed.

Notice how the 04 have their original clothing.

If you assume that all of this has been this game between Eddie and Sam, there's your answer for any story things that don't add up like "How did they get from Kino > Ascension". They just stopped playing at Kino, and when Eddie came over again, started playing in a new location.

Great job Liam and all who figured it out!

Oh and yeah, that's cool. She has a HD video-camera in the end. I didn't know that existed back in 1917.

Hahahaha.

"As the gates to Argartha opened, the four heroes where rewarded with riches beyond imagination" Like ... what?

Oh and yeah, that's cool. She has a HD video-camera in the end. I didn't know that existed back in 1917.

Are we even sure that cutscene takes place in 1917? :lol:

No date in zombies we've been given can even be considered cannon if this is supposed to be the true ending of zombies. It was just 2 kids making up stories the whole time. Pardon my French, but...Fuck. Man. Just what the fuck.-.-

The only possible way to make sense of this is if the ending was truly how it started. That rich, watched maxis learned from him then became smarter than him. But then even if you say that rich isn't much older than Sam so nowhere in the storyline would make sense. Man the storyline just got shafted so hard.

To me it feels like a cop-out. Like they had no where to turn. You can only ride time travel so much before it just feels like an excuse.

They had no where to turn but to make it all a game.

They didn't have to use either here, since it was going to be an origin story.

Honestly, that's the thing that gets me thinking this wasn't all a game, there was so much involved in it that children just wouldn't know of. That's why I feel it was a retelling or a metaphor for them controlling the zombies. The only odd thing is Eddie...