Things that Need to be Patched in Origins

OMGItsPatricio

Origins is undoubtedly one of the better maps in black Ops 2. Sure it is a difficult map, but the engineering and map design put into it far exceeds any of the previous maps in Black Ops 2. With that said, there are certain aspects of the map that need to be patched. Things that, in the two days I've played it non-stop, have been more than slight annoyances.

The first thing I would like too see changed is the god damn robot. I've gotten to the point where I know where it will spawn and when. And the robot has really changed the dynamic of the map for good. But the one thing I can't stand is the fact the robots foot with the portal changes. I.e. The little portal into the top of the robot where the wind staff part is, changes. That means that the part of the map where one would wait for the robot to stomp on you to get the staff part sometimes gets the opposite foot without a portal. That means you could die just to build a damn staff. This gets to the point that I don't want to build the wind staff because there's a 50% chance that the foot that stomps on me kills me instead of brings me up to the head. And the fact there is no diminutive strategy in determining where to stay to be teleported into the head is just extremely extremely irritating.

The next thing I'd like to see changed is the whole tank dynamic. The tank has a lot of potential but currently it's essentially a 500 point death trap. And the fact you NEED to use it to get to the electric staff parts (which is also my personal favorite staff) just adds more to my distraught. The real problem is the fact the zombies run faster than the tank. When I'm trying to get to the first electric staff part, which is arguably the hardest jump to land, it is really hard when you have two zombies slapping you while you're trying to concentrate on the jump. And then, another problem is the fact that zombies run really fast when they're on the tank with you (as I said faster than the actual tank) and when they get on the tank they are still running at that speed. They don't slow down at all. So you have three zombies running faster than normal on a small tank, all while your trying to get the staff parts that require precise jumps. I see two solutions; either leave the tank the same but make it free (with a possible longer recharge rate) or fix the problems above in order to have it justify the 500$ price. Because as it currently stands I only use it once to get the staff parts, and in that short time it's easily the most stress I face in the entire game.

Now was for a few slight details I'd like to see addressed are:

-sometimes the red plane with the fire staff part doesn't spawn.

-it takes too long for it to change seasons, and therefore to be able to dig the ice staff parts

-the panzer soldat at times glitches out; seemingly giving it a lot of health. More so than it obviously should have.

Those are really the things that have me concerned at the moment. If these issues were addressed (as well as possibly all the glitch locations those cheating faggots are using) the map would be PERFECT!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being a whiny douche. I personally haven't had any problem making the wind staff. You can obviously tell if you can shoot the giant robot's foot from a good distance to know which leg and mud area to be in.

The tank isn't bad either, you're just mad because this map isn't as easy as the other BOII maps, Which I'm very glad for.

The Panzer zombies don't "glitch" either. You just have to go for headshots and it dies relatively fast. So just improve your aim, don't blame the game.

What they should fix is the easter egg song. You can only activate it after a certain round apparently

The Panzer zombies don't "glitch" either.

I've encountered a glitch on the tank where if a Panzer spawns and the tank is stopped behind the MP40 room, the Panzer will stand still.

If the tank is moving or someone gets off, he returns to normal state and will chase the players.

Ah that happened to me too but he stayed there the whole game. I was just stating the health glitch

Stop being a whiny douche. I personally haven't had any problem making the wind staff. You can obviously tell if you can shoot the giant robot's foot from a good distance to know which leg and mud area to be in.

The tank isn't bad either, you're just mad because this map isn't as easy as the other BOII maps, Which I'm very glad for.

The Panzer zombies don't "glitch" either. You just have to go for headshots and it dies relatively fast. So just improve your aim, don't blame the game.

What they should fix is the easter egg song. You can only activate it after a certain round apparently

People like you really piss me off. I've made it to round 45 on origins. So don't give me the whole "you're bad" approach. It's constructive criticism and my points are really valid.

As for the Easter egg song, the last rock requires you to go prone ;)

But the one thing I can't stand is the fact the robots foot with the portal changes. I.e. The little portal into the top of the robot where the wind staff part is, changes. That means that the part of the map where one would wait for the robot to stomp on you to get the staff part sometimes gets the opposite foot without a portal. That means you could die just to build a damn staff. This gets to the point that I don't want to build the wind staff because there's a 50% chance that the foot that stomps on me kills me instead of brings me up to the head. And the fact there is no diminutive strategy in determining where to stay to be teleported into the head is just extremely extremely irritating.

personally I have had little annoyance with building the wind staff, it is easy to see witch foot has the portal from a distance, so really getting crushed isn't a problem. If all three came at once and only one portal was opened (like the rain fire EE step) I would understand your annoyance but 50/50 is't bad odds and if you check quick enough you can usually switch sides

The real problem is the fact the zombies run faster than the tank. When I'm trying to get to the first electric staff part, which is arguably the hardest jump to land, it is really hard when you have two zombies slapping you while you're trying to concentrate on the jump. And then, another problem is the fact that zombies run really fast when they're on the tank with you (as I said faster than the actual tank) and when they get on the tank they are still running at that speed. They don't slow down at all. So you have three zombies running faster than normal on a small tank, all while your trying to get the staff parts that require precise jumps.

I'm sorry to say but I also disagree with your statement on the tank, It is relatively safe and easy to travel on, because of the ram and flame throwers you can keep your back to the front and since there are walls either side of the tank for most of the journey you only big concern is the back and although the zombies can keep up with tank only one jumps on at a time meaning it should be easy to kill with a gun effective on that round. If you are on your own on the tank and are preparing for a jump then a zombie hitting you doesn't help but it just makes it more of a challenge witch I believe to be a good thing as I an loving the added difficulty of this map

Now was for a few slight details I'd like to see addressed are:

-sometimes the red plane with the fire staff part doesn't spawn.

In my experience it doesn't spawn until the first panzer spawns in

-it takes too long for it to change seasons, and therefore to be able to dig the ice staff parts

I think the changes are ok, if they changed to quickly it could get distracting/annoying and remember, if they were all shorter that would mean you would have less time during the snow to dig up the staff and some of the dig sites may not red pawn between the quicker changes so it would actually take longer to get all the parts

-the panzer soldat at times glitches out; seemingly giving it a lot of health. More so than it obviously should have.

I dunno about this one, I have never experience big health boosts on him, he should be much stronger than a normal zombie and his strength increases with the rounds and were you shoot him really affect the amount of damage inflicted so you may have been missing the glowing part more

Those are really the things that have me concerned at the moment. If these issues were addressed (as well as possibly all the glitch locations those cheating faggots are using) the map would be PERFECT!

I dunno if I am tainted with "new map must be perfect" mindset because I haven't played long enough but I think they have done a really good job on this map, ATM I have few complaints

The flaming Plane appears after round 11.

You do not need to go prone to activate the rocks.

I've spawned on top my girl twice, causing us both to go down. Apart from that spawning issue, I haven't come across any glitches worthy of mentioning.

The flaming Plane appears after round 11.

You do not need to go prone to activate the rocks.

I've spawned on top my girl twice, causing us both to go down. Apart from that spawning issue, I haven't come across any glitches worthy of mentioning.

This just happened to me in my last game. It happened when we spawned and when we ejected Odin

Two things I've noticed that need fixed in my eyes.

Sticky Grenades in the church are not buyable as stated, don't know if that is an oversight or what but its fairly annoying.

Twice now I've had it where when I went into the robot to get the piece when I was being launched back the zombies had swarmed on my landing place and I was unable to do anything about going down.