Secret Photograph Found!

CodeNamePizza

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a piece on the tank path back towards the church, near the cross bone signs on the side near station 5, you have to access it behind the original tank spawn. It is the lower right corner of the picture

I think you are trolling!

In fact, I wonder if this entire thing is a troll. Has anyone, anywhere, ever found one of these scraps anywhere on the map, and have a screenshot of it?

I haven't ever found one. So is this real? Anyone have proof?

I found a piece on the tank path back towards the church, near the cross bone signs on the side near station 5, you have to access it behind the original tank spawn. It is the lower right corner of the picture

I think you are trolling!

In fact, I wonder if this entire thing is a troll. Has anyone, anywhere, ever found one of these scraps anywhere on the map, and have a screenshot of it?

I haven't ever found one. So is this real? Anyone have proof?

Under the church behind the tank is a work bench, in between the work bench and the boxes in plain site (right hand side) is one of the above mentioned picture pieces, theres others dotted about but that for me was the easiest i found straight away

http://instagram.com/p/dmLozSOP8z/

Under the church behind the tank is a work bench, in between the work bench and the boxes in plain site (right hand side) is one of the above mentioned picture pieces, theres others dotted about but that for me was the easiest i found straight away

http://instagram.com/p/dmLozSOP8z/

Ok, great thanks. So it's not a troll, which is nice. That's the first in-game screenshot I've seen. If we can find all the piece locations, I can add them to my map of Origins.

By the way your Instrgram photos are epic. Great shots of stuff in game I'd never seen before. Zombie in a box, numbers in a box, the train markings on the giant robot...

http://instagram.com/dub_zee

I've not found all of them myself yet either, others (like OP) have come close, if i find all the others il no clip and get HD shots of of them all for you to put on your map.

Thanks, they are all pretty old now but i always believe in getting images of things i find so we can eliminate trolling :)

If theres any Images you need for your map let me know and il do my best to get a perfect image for you

I have been trying to extract the files from the DLC files to get the original items, but dont really have the time to do that yet

By the way your Instrgram photos are epic. Great shots of stuff in game I'd never seen before. Zombie in a box, numbers in a box, the train markings on the giant robot...

http://instagram.com/dub_zee

I've not found all of them myself yet either, others (like OP) have come close, if i find all the others il no clip and get HD shots of of them all for you to put on your map.

Thanks, they are all pretty old now but i always believe in getting images of things i find so we can eliminate trolling :)

If theres any Images you need for your map let me know and il do my best to get a perfect image for you

I have been trying to extract the files from the DLC files to get the original items, but dont really have the time to do that yet

Thanks! If you find all the parts and get HD shots of them stitch them together, or post them and I'll stitch them together in Photoshop for you and credit you on the image for capturing them all. And if you can explain where they are I can add their locations to the map here: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=36264

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found the whole photo yet?

Yes, that's the link in the previous post: the whole highest-res photo from the texture files.

Either they were teleported back in time at the end of the side quest, a-la Evil Dead 2, creating a time loop, or their ancestors wielded the staves back then, and the O4 have not recovered them. I'm leaning towards the ED2 theory.

It can't be their ancestors, as there literally was no such thing as Americans, Russians, Germans, or Japanese at that time. At best their ancestors would be Celtics, Slavics, Germanics, and Chinese. I think there is no possible way that does NOT involve time travel. Also, I think the staffs they wield are the original ones, explaining why Maxis was forced to make replicas.

But if these 4 (A4? Ancient 4?) are wielding the original staves, then it was not our O4 who brought the staves back into the past.

I don't mean to say the A4 are the same nationalities as the O4, but it could be their ancestors. Let's say this in 1100 AD when the Templars were getting big. Tank's ancestor could be Scottish, Ed's Roman Empire, Nikolai's Siberian Tribes, and Takeo's Japanese Samurai.

Theory 1 says maybe magic and some zombie/otherworldly threat caused them to come together as far-reaching representatives of the Templars to rid the world of this evil in the Roman Empire - and they contained it all in Excavation Site 64 in modern day Germany. Then the staves were destroyed and Templars eventually go into hiding, with very little record of the events until Group 935 unearths it all.

Theory 2 says there was some legend of staves and ancient power, and zombies were contained in Site 64, but there were no ancient warriors. Then our O4 create the staves and open a portal and teleport back in time to be the A4 and kick ass. They finish up and teleport back to post WW1 where Richtofen erases their memory and sends them back to their countries of origin. He keeps track of them and uses them again in WW2.

There are more theories possible too, but now I'm starting to confuse myself...

A future iteration of our characters could have gone back in time and THEN found these staffs, explaining why they went missing. You have to keep in mind that in the image they are wearing the symbol of Agartha, the Black Sun.

It cannot be them from the past, as they would know about it. It cannot be them from the present, as they aren't. Therefore it must be them from the future. The ancestor argument doesn't work; they look exactly like the original characters. 1000 years have past, no way they could look exactly the same. The odds of that are less than 0.00001% I imagine.

A future iteration of our characters could have gone back in time and THEN found these staffs, explaining why they went missing. You have to keep in mind that in the image they are wearing the symbol of Agartha, the Black Sun.

It cannot be them from the past, as they would know about it. It cannot be them from the present, as they aren't. Therefore it must be them from the future. The ancestor argument doesn't work; they look exactly like the original characters. 1000 years have past, no way they could look exactly the same. The odds of that are less than 0.00001% I imagine.

Not everything has to be logical. It's called symbolism. It doesn't really have to make sense.

Not everything has to be logical. It's called symbolism. It doesn't really have to make sense.

Symbolism has to make sense. To say that symbolism and sense are mutually exclusive is missing the whole point of symbolism.

They appear to be religious.

Judging by the people's headscarves and clothing, I would say that they are in a hot desert climate. So I would rule out Rome. They're probably Arab Muslims, or Christians. So any Arabian/North African City. Jeruzalem, Cairo, or Alexandria, former capital of Egypt perhaps?

- Heather