BOOMHILDA vs Mustang & Sally

Kurasaki

So essentially what the title states, what are your thoughts, which do you prefer...honestly I am in love with the boomhilda, its power, accuracy, no warning label necessary as to whether u may kill yourself with it...its everything I wanted the ray gun mark II to be and then some...

What are your thoughts...should it return or some gun resembling it in the future for our starter pistol...or should the mustang & sally(which I still adore) make a comeback...

OR

should we potentially within the future of zombie be able to select our starting pistol that way people can have the best of whatever they prefer...

Thoughts :)

Mustang & Sally:

Clip: 12/50 (62 overall)

Damage on round 35:

Single Zombie: 5-6 shots

Hoard of Zombies: 6-8 shots

BOOMHILDA:

Clip: 50/100 (150 overall)

Damage on round 35:

Single Zombie: 1 shot (headshot)

Hoard of Zombies: approx. 7-10 shots

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only watched one video with the Boomhilda, and I already love it. It's great that we have a gun that sets zombies on fire (No offense, but the Hades just doesn't compare). Plus, it's a pistol with an ACOG scope. It's like a mini sniper rifle :lol:

Too bad that the Mauser will only be exclusive to this map, considering its WW1 nature and all... But they should put in new pistols every now and then, to have more variety alongside good ol' M1911.

My problem is that they included Flopper on a map without M&S. If the Mauser was explosive and did something similar to M&S it would've been much cooler and would've made Flopper more viable. Maybe instead of launching grenades, it could launch 3-burst rockets, keep the ACOG, take a bit of ammo away to make less OP, and we have a different species of M&S. Treyarch could be much more creative sometimes...

My problem is that they included Flopper on a map without M&S. If the Mauser was explosive and did something similar to M&S it would've been much cooler and would've made Flopper more viable. Maybe instead of launching grenades, it could launch 3-burst rockets, keep the ACOG, take a bit of ammo away to make less OP, and we have a different species of M&S. Treyarch could be much more creative sometimes...

The exact reason PhD Flopper is back is because there is NO Mustang and Sally.

Lol... So you're saying you expect trolling like this from Treyarch now?

exactly. there is still a ray gun and war machine in the box which has splash damage. still have grenades. but again M&S plus flopper was just too OP and they decided to balance it out

I agree with Birdman and MMX. MnS is a bit overpowered. Buried has been made fun of already. If anything they don't want people from z community complaining a map is too easy. This map is balanced like MMX said. And I love when I die from Panzar, what an honorable death.

Truly Treyarch are the only developers I've ever seen that actually punish their players.

We discover tips and tricks to make the game easier, such as Flopper and M&S, and they patch and redesign their next release to eliminate those tips. What other developer does that? They deliberately design their maps to increase the difficulty, but they started with a very high level of difficulty, so this results in maps that are so daunting they aren't even enjoyable at first.

I would have been happier if, instead of focusing on increasing the difficulty, they just added new cool things to do, new venues, new weapons, new perks, etc..

This is my opinion. The game is still the most rewarding game I've ever played, but I think Treyarch has already established Zombies as a contender for the most difficult game ever, can't we have a little reprieve? Oh wait...Buried. Whatever...

That is the whole point of zombies. To be hard to play. Far too many people used Mustang and Sally and the Porters X2 Ray Gun along with PHD Flopper, and when shit hits the fan they aim at the ground and shoot to their hearts content. I like how challenging the game is and that's what makes it enjoyable to most players.

Truly Treyarch are the only developers I've ever seen that actually punish their players

By that same logic, Nintendo hates their players since they put Bowser in as a bad guy, rather than just giving you the princess.

Games are in essence just challenges. You either play for competition (with others) or for challenge (with yourself). ALL games have to ride that line between too easy and too hard.

By that same logic, Nintendo hates their players since they put Bowser in as a bad guy, rather than just giving you the princess.

Well that's a bit of a difference. Bowser is an established boss, he's a part of the game. There's only a certain way to beat him. A good example from Super Mario Bros. would be the Reznor Rhinos in the Fortresses. There's what like 5 or 6 of them on rotating platforms and soon after you start to knock them off their platforms the ground starts to disappear, threatening to drop you in the Lava if you don't jump on a vacant platform and try to knock the remaining Reznors off from there. Veterans of the game would have discovered that there is a window of time they can use to stand in one spot under the rotating platforms and, if done quickly enough, all the Reznors can be knocked off before the lava under the ground even becomes an issue.

It's not a cheat, it's just knowing the game mechanics and using them to your advantage. You would be able to use this tactic on any Reznors throughout the rest of the game.

However, the neat little tactics that work in one Zombie map are wiped away in the next map, so we aren't able to rely on those tips. Basically, being a veteran of this game doesn't guarantee the mastery of the game because we're constantly having to come up with new tactics.

We end up with a game that's very rewarding, but also very frustrating. It's definitely a challenge, but I can do without the increasing frustration from map to map.

I love both but the boomhilda smokes the mark 2 think about it the BH fires the lazers like the mark 2 but it lets u single fire it . the mark 2 hold 200 but it fire three each time so u really only have like 65 shots the BH has 150 and is a beast against the panzer soldat and just so u know mustang and sally is possible in origins its very rare u have to dig it up

I love both but the boomhilda smokes the mark 2 think about it the BH fires the lazers like the mark 2 but it lets u single fire it . the mark 2 hold 200 but it fire three each time so u really only have like 65 shots the BH has 150 and is a beast against the panzer soldat and just so u know mustang and sally is possible in origins its very rare u have to dig it up

Overtly agree with this...I feel the Boomhilda is all the mark 2 is and then some...most people say "oh there merely the same thing, but the mark 2 has more ammo"

Sure in a clip but if you think about it with the 240 (i think its 240) you get your also shooting 3 per fire even if simply one shot would have done the trick...there fore the mark 2 only has roughly 80 shots compared to the 150 of the BOOMHILDA...much better in my opinion...the BOOMHILDA that is...

I always find myself trading out the Mauser. It sounds weak as :/

Have you even used it... With the above statistics the BOOMHILDA uses approximatley 6% of its ammo capacity while Mustang & Sally use 13% ammo consumption for the same # of zombies...

How is the BOOMHILDA in any way weak...

I like the fact that I can get the mauser even after trading it in. But, it runs out of ammo quickly. I also don't like the acog but I can deal with that.

I find the Acog kind of novel honestly...makes the gun look like the pistol from perfect dark if youve ever played that haha... nonetheless i understand what your saying on the ammo capacity...but the same could be said about the Mustang and Sally as well...its just a matter of preference and utilization...