115 Officially Discovered 8/27

Hey i thought this was very cool so the day Origins comes out the official discovery of 115 has arrived here's the fox news article

Call it Astoundium -- at least for now.

Swedish scientists report fresh evidence confirming the existence of a new element for the periodic table, the “telephone book” of matter that makes up the universe. First discovered a decade ago, this particular substance proved hard to confirm -- after all, atomic number 115 doesn’t occur naturally anywhere on earth.

By bombarding calcium ions at a thin film of americium -- that’s atomic number 95, for the forgetful -- an international team of researchers led by physicists from Lund University measured the element’s alpha decay, a “fingerprint” of a given element.

The element has been tentatively named “ununpentium” since its discovery in 2003, but an official name has not yet been given, and the element’s very existence remained unconfirmed until now.

“This was a very successful experiment and is one of the most important in the field in recent years,” said Dirk Rudolph, professor at the Division of Atomic Physics at Lund University.

Besides the observations of the new chemical element, the researchers have also gained access to data that gives them a deeper insight into the structure and properties of super-heavy atomic nuclei.

Scientists have created heavier and heavier synthetic elements in recent years, the most massive being element 118, temporarily named ununoctium. Such experiments can offer insight into how atoms work.

source: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/08/27/new-element-confirmed-for-periodic-table/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a little too coincidental...

Treyarch, the Illuminati, 115, plans to create Zombie armies, and all of us: unknowing test subjects undergoing virtual training.

My inner Stuhlinger is coming out.

Quickly I need an ancient staff, a shrunken meteorite, a mini kassimar mechanism and a rocket to the moon. :)

If I were playing Zombies IRL, I'd want the Zeus Cannon and the Petrifier.

Juggernog, Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, and Vulture-Aid.

Claymores, Monkeys, and a Tramplsteam.

Then you would realise that everything would be so heavy you wouldn't be able to move ;)

...But that's why I'd have Stamin-up ;)

Honestly, across all maps...THAT is my dream setup.

If I were playing Zombies IRL, I'd want the Zeus Cannon and the Petrifier.

Juggernog, Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, and Vulture-Aid.

Claymores, Monkeys, and a Tramplsteam.

Then you would realise that everything would be so heavy you wouldn't be able to move ;)

...But that's why I'd have Stamin-up ;)

Honestly, across all maps...THAT is my dream setup.

Zeus cannon with VA would be unstoppable :)