1000 foot robots question

Dub Zee

So looking at the 3 giant robot heads i thought i would see the difference other than the 3 staff pieces and the 3 audio logs, i decided to find oh what the third robots name was and the names are

Freya

Thor

Odin

Now i get Thor and Odin from mythology but not looked deep into it so never come across Freya, other than Final Fantasy 9 lol

Could someone enlighten me please?

http://instagram.com/p/djkaYJuP_b/

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my sh*t when I found out the Giants had Norse Mythology names.

Here is a wiki link to Freya

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freyja

I started to write a massive thread which took me from the "Black Sun" symbol through to Norse Mythology & to "Odin, Thor & Hel" who all lived in "ASGARD".  I was thinking that Agartha may possibly be Asgard. 

I ended up using only a small portion of my original thread to make "Megaliths, Tombs & Archaeoastronomy". Check the last 3 spoiler boxes in that thread. 

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35039

I came across this from the book in "Buried - Grimms Fairy Tales". I started looking at the author Jacob Grimm. He wrote a book called "Deutsche Mythologie". 

He writes about Odin, Thor & Giants! (Among many other things)

Jacob Grimm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Grimm

Grimm's Fairy Tales book found in Buried

Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (4 January 1785 – 20 September 1863) was a German philologist, jurist and mythologist. He is best known as the discoverer of Grimm's Law (linguistics), the author (with his brother) of the monumental Deutsches Wörterbuch, the author of Deutsche Mythologie and, more popularly, as one of the Brothers Grimm, as the editor of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

========================================

Teutonic Mythology / Deutsche Mythologie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Mythologie

Deutsche Mythologie (Teutonic Mythology) is a seminal treatise on Germanic mythology by Jacob Grimm. First published in Germany in 1835, the work is an exhaustive treatment of the subject, tracing the mythology and beliefs of the Ancient Germanic peoples from their earliest attestations to their survivals in modern traditions, folktales and popular expressions.

The structure of the Deutsche Mythologie is fairly encyclopaedic. The articles and chapters are discursive of philological, historical, folkloristic, and poetic aspects of the pre-Christian Germanic religions. The sources are varied epochally and geographically. In many instances, Grimm cites the North and West Germanic variants of a religious entity; thus the entry on Thor is titled 'Donar, Thunar (Thôrr)'. Older Germanic words, particularly those concerning ritual, are often compared to Latin equivalents, as evident in the table of contents.

Many variations in either original scanned or PDF format

http://openlibrary.org/works/OL45439W/Deutsche_mythologie

AN OVERVIEW of the GERMANIC MYTHOLOGY'S EPIC ORDER

http://www.germanicmythology.com/ugm2/ugm2overview.pdf

Chapters

> Ch. 1 - Introduction

> Ch. 2 - God

> Ch. 3 - Worship

> Ch. 4 - Temples

> Ch. 5 - Priests

> Ch. 6 - Gods

> Ch. 7 - Wuotan, Wodan (Oðinn)

> Ch. 8 - Donar, Thunar, (Thorr)

> Ch. 9 - Zio, (Tiw, Tyr)

> Ch. 10 - Fro (Freyr)

> Ch. 11 - Palter (Balder)

> Ch. 12 - Other Gods

> Ch. 13 - Goddesses

> Ch. 14 - Condition of Gods

> Ch. 15 - Heroes

> Ch. 16 - Wise Women

> Ch. 17 - Wights and Elves

> Ch. 18 - Giants

> Ch. 19 - Creation

> Ch. 20 - Elements

> Ch. 21 - Trees and Animals

> Ch. 22 - Sky and Stars

> Ch. 23 - Day and Night

> Ch. 24 - Summer and Winter

> Ch. 25 - Time and World

> Ch. 26 - Souls

> Ch. 27 - Death

> Ch. 28 - Destiny and Well-Being

> Ch. 29 - Personifications

> Preface

> Ch.30 - Poetry

> Ch. 31 - Spectres

> Ch. 32 - Translation

> Ch. 33 - Devil

> Ch. 34 - Magic

> Ch. 35 - Superstition

> Ch. 36 - Sickness

> Ch. 37 - Herbs and Stones

> Ch. 38 - Spells and Charms

========================================

Odin & his 2 brothers kill "Ymir" (The Giant) whose body creates the world. 

Ymir

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ymir

If you are interested, have a look at "The Poetic Edda & Prose Edda".

I think a lot of the story in Origins reflects Norse Mythology. This had heavy influence on Nazi Mythology & can be the original link for the Black Sun Symbol.

Externsteine is a considered to be a natural Megalith structure. In German mythology it was believed to hold great treasures.

Maxis also talks about runes which is are letters in an alphabet which are also written on stones = Runestones.

Another thing to look at is Elder Futhark & Younger Futhark, which is an alphabet. All of this links with one another

Sorry if this post doesn't make any sense, my actual thread with all this was massive. The things you can learn from researching influences in the Zombie Storyline. ;)

@PINNAZ when i first saw Thor and Odin inside the robots i automatically thought of Yggdrasil and all the random bits of info ive picked up over the years of zombies and other games that have referenced Asgard, Midgard and the other realms. All quite interesting. Is there a direct link you have come across that links Norse to Vril?

Things seem to have switched between the two along the way.

On a side note did you see the title page of the Poetic Edda? Take away the ambient foreground and highlight the patterns underneath it looks very similar to the old pack a punch camo.

Is that where you found the camo pattern? Need to go through your old threads n re-read up on some things again lol

PINNAZ called it on Aug 13th and I quote:

"In the end, I think it's all about Nordic Mythology & it related to - Odin, Thor, Yggdrasil. When Maxis talks of Agartha, it is NOT Agartha, it is Asgard & Valhalla. These are the "ORIGINS" of the Black Sun & Nazi Zombies. "

In response to a message I sent him regarding Origins' Origins. It's strange how some things are in such plain sight yet the simple symbolism is lost on many of us.

Now I have my doubts about their being much talk about yggdrasil as the majority of the trees I've seen in zombies have been trench walls or floorboards...however...

My question, who is DER fourth RIESE that we see trashed out of bounds by the southern Tank stop? Anyone able to noclip this bad boy and figure it out? I want to say it is Balder (Baldr, Baldur).

If someone does no clip under the map or use the Theater view/free roam glitch to try to find this other giant's name, remember, when you are teleported inside the robot's "Heads" you are technically being teleported underground, underneath the map, as evidenced when someone goes down inside one of these heads, their Revive icon indicates their position to be underground.

Anyways just wanted to call out PINNAZ on either being a time travelling Jon Titor (sp?) who's come back in time and has been revealing the future to us, or else give props (again) for seeing things for what they are, and opening eyes and minds.

Also sorry for not replying to your msgs, I got them just after I left town, to work, and well, Origins since I returned :D I would've replied if I had my laptop but Touchscreens and typing don't mix for this gringo.

*Throws handful of change at a crowd and flees*

PINNAZ called it on Aug 13th and I quote:

"In the end, I think it's all about Nordic Mythology & it related to - Odin, Thor, Yggdrasil. When Maxis talks of Agartha, it is NOT Agartha, it is Asgard & Valhalla. These are the "ORIGINS" of the Black Sun & Nazi Zombies. "

In response to a message I sent him regarding Origins' Origins. It's strange how some things are in such plain sight yet the simple symbolism is lost on many of us.

Now I have my doubts about their being much talk about yggdrasil as the majority of the trees I've seen in zombies have been trench walls or floorboards...however...

My question, who is DER fourth RIESE that we see trashed out of bounds by the southern Tank stop? Anyone able to noclip this bad boy and figure it out? I want to say it is Balder (Baldr, Baldur).

If someone does no clip under the map or use the Theater view/free roam glitch to try to find this other giant's name, remember, when you are teleported inside the robot's "Heads" you are technically being teleported underground, underneath the map, as evidenced when someone goes down inside one of these heads, their Revive icon indicates their position to be underground.

Anyways just wanted to call out PINNAZ on either being a time travelling Jon Titor (sp?) who's come back in time and has been revealing the future to us, or else give props (again) for seeing things for what they are, and opening eyes and minds.

Also sorry for not replying to your msgs, I got them just after I left town, to work, and well, Origins since I returned :D I would've replied if I had my laptop but Touchscreens and typing don't mix for this gringo.

*Throws handful of change at a crowd and flees*

http://instagram.com/p/dmIlGLOP5x/

I can No Clip and have done around the 4th Norse giant, not much of note but interestingly both Feet are lit up (Teleporter Lit up)

EDIT: here is the Heads under the Map

http://instagram.com/p/djkaYJuP_b/

Only 3 heads have been found underneath