are most zombie players anti-social?

I am a lil bit i mostly play solo and cant find people that know much about the game so when i go to a public match i find the only people really talking are the rage/trolling kid or someone that has played very little . I have found a few however that know the game and have a mic but say only a few to no words in an entire game it will usually be a good game but would make alot farther if thier was communication.

Im notlooking to chat like a freaking teenage girl i simply want to know if theirs a ammo drop or if if ur about to get down and need help .

Has anyone noticed this besides me or am i just getting the worst luck known to man when it comes to finding a good lobby.

Not tryin to whine about it to much but just seems kind of pointless to play solo all the time gets kind of old fast.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean. Most of the "talkers" either have higher pitched voices, and very little knowledge, and are often narrating their gameplay and making their own sound effects, or, they're crabby and insulting. Of course there are also the stoners, which like to talk about being stoned. So I'd have to agree that at least seemingly for myself there arent many social good zombie partners on Public Lobbies. They all have friends to play the maps with, I'm sure. :P

yea my problem is all my people "friends" refuse to play zombies all they want to do is play multiplayer and i have gotten burnt slap out on it

If i want to hear to hear kids cry about bloodthursts all i have to do is walk in the next room (nephew) i have to mute entire lobby every multiplayer game cause it is just been overun with tards lol

But there are some awsome players that dont want to play solo but just refuse to say anything i just want to know why.

I can honestly say I'm one of the quiet people that don't talk. For the reason that there are so many squeakers, stoners, trolls, noobs, and know it alls that don't ever stop talking in-game. So I generally keep my mic muted and only when there's a serious question asked will I answer. Otherwise I don't want to deal with constant screaming and crying in my ear.

I am the same way but why is it we do this?

why should the dedicated players get stuck feeling like they have to play solo cause their is a good chance they get someone that ruins their game in a lobby.

I think we should find a way to make better use of the teammate finder on here so we kind of know who it is we would be in game wit,not just ee help cause thats all thats on their.

And for the trollers see my thread HOW TO TROLL A TROLLER there are some great ways on how to handle them and for raging kids i dont know how to fix that one .

I know exactly what you mean. Most of the "talkers" either have higher pitched voices, and very little knowledge, and are often narrating their gameplay and making their own sound effects, or, they're crabby and insulting. Of course there are also the stoners, which like to talk about being stoned. So I'd have to agree that at least seemingly for myself there arent many social good zombie partners on Public Lobbies. They all have friends to play the maps with, I'm sure. :P

I've found a great deal of very competent talking players through public matches. you just have to be selective. speak with them before the match starts. if anyone doesnt have a mic plugged in, ask them to politely they may have one and may just be timid that people will be mean. Once you have a group of 4 talkers that you have established are decent humans then start the game. Will there turn out to be a bad apple every now and again with this method? absolutely, but they are few and far between

The problem is that most of you are on 360. Most kids with consoles are kids with 360's just for the sole reason of it was always cheaper. Therefore, most kids got it from their parent's because if you're an adult with no game knowledge, would you get the one that's cheaper or the one that's higher? I very rarely am disappointed with a lobby on PS3 with mics on Zombies. But multiplayer, that's a different story...

Im o psn and i am stuck day in day out with this issue have recently found few but very disappointed as they tell me i usually playmultiplayer and rarely play zombies they r good players but have little map knowledge.

And as already said the players that r good choose to be silent???

Yeahhh, I play without a mic, either because people are hugely angry, swearing at the smallest things like getting a bad weapon out of the box, I mean really??, the sooner people realise that nothing matters and they should just try and enjoy their short lives the better the world will be. If there is anything that you don't like doing, don't do it.

Or the randoms are annoying, by either being young and trying to prove themselves to the world, or not knowing anything and innecesantly questioning everything and anything.

The problem is that most of you are on 360. Most kids with consoles are kids with 360's just for the sole reason of it was always cheaper. Therefore, most kids got it from their parent's because if you're an adult with no game knowledge, would you get the one that's cheaper or the one that's higher? I very rarely am disappointed with a lobby on PS3 with mics on Zombies. But multiplayer, that's a different story...

I doubt this it true.

Sure there are some kids, and I don't really like playing with them, but the percentage of time i find a young kid is about proportionate to the total percent of gamers that are that age. meaning lets say i get a kid (younger than 17) probably 30% of the time, and i'd say roughly 30% of Call of Duty players are under 17. meaning 70% are 17-infinity.

some of the kids are tolerable too, and if they aren't i just tell them nicely that if they act that way people will not want to play with them, then after that warning if they still act out, I quit and then avoid that player

I doubt this it true.

Sure there are some kids, and I don't really like playing with them, but the percentage of time i find a young kid is about proportionate to the total percent of gamers that are that age. meaning lets say i get a kid (younger than 17) probably 30% of the time, and i'd say roughly 30% of Call of Duty players are under 17. meaning 70% are 17-infinity.

some of the kids are tolerable too, and if they aren't i just tell them nicely that if they act that way people will not want to play with them, then after that warning if they still act out, I quit and then avoid that player

I agree, I'm on ps3 and I would say about 60% of randoms are under 20s

I add someone that played very well had a mic but didnt say anything for the first few games didnt bother me cause of his skill very good player .

So finally he says something and to my suprise this guy is ten and can play crazy good the few games we played we got high 20 s and a round 31 but cause of his age i have to be careful of what i say and is alil uncomfortable i kept him only cause he told me he hates playin with other kids cause he cant get a good game in playin with them so even very few youngins have the same problem

In general I would say no. The thing is, you just have to make sure you're playing with adults/people who are serious/whoever you want to play with before starting the game.

Me and my girl have no problems getting adults/serious people in our games.

We usually look for two randoms, once they join and have mics, we ask them if they want to play a serious lenghty game. If they're kids/trolls and/or not serious, we simply back out. Otherwise if one is an adult and the other a kid/someone with no mic, we just back out and invite the adult.

You'll be surprised as to how fast and efficient this method is.

In general I would say no. The thing is, you just have to make sure you're playing with adults/people who are serious/whoever you want to play with before starting the game.

Me and my girl have no problems getting adults/serious people in our games.

We usually look for two randoms, once they join and have mics, we ask them if they want to play a serious lenghty game. If they're kids/trolls and/or not serious, we simply back out. Otherwise if one is an adult and the other a kid/someone with no mic, we just back out and invite the adult.

You'll be surprised as to how fast and efficient this method is.

It's not efficient as TREYARCH ADDING A PROGRAM THAT RECOGNIZES CHILDREN'S VOICES/PEOPLE WHO USE VOICE MODIFIERS AND PUT IN A SERVER DEDICATED TO THEM. It's a dream that will hopefully one day be fulfilled.

The problem is that most of you are on 360.

I doubt this it true.

I hate to really start a flame war, but I have to agree with EvilHERNeos. Not only was the 360 cheaper, therefore the more parent-friendly system, but (and correct me if I'm wrong), the 360 CAME with a mic. PS3 players had to actually go out and BUY a mic in order to communicate with teammates. If you're willing to sink extra money into a system AND a good $50+ on a mic, chances are that either you are mature enough to understand money or you are a parent who is totally cool with spoiling the hell out of your bratty offspring.

I hate to really start a flame war, but I have to agree with EvilHERNeos. Not only was the 360 cheaper, therefore the more parent-friendly system, but (and correct me if I'm wrong), the 360 CAME with a mic. PS3 players had to actually go out and BUY a mic in order to communicate with teammates. If you're willing to sink extra money into a system AND a good $50+ on a mic, chances are that either you are mature enough to understand money or you are a parent who is totally cool with spoiling the hell out of your bratty offspring.

Only the Pro and Elite versions of the 360 came with a mic.

You have immature kids/trolls on all consoles.

Only the Pro and Elite versions of the 360 came with a mic.

You have immature kids/trolls on all consoles.

yep... price of console, microphone included or not, there are going to be present on both. the perception might be exactly that because ps3 didnt come with a mic that you dont know who the little kids are because they dont have microphones

either way, again all it takes is a little friendliness and patience and you can easily find decent games on both systems

I am relatively decent at Zombies and know my way around if i'm in a tight situation or where to run trains. I usually am a late comer to new maps so I rely on other people to tell me what I need to do and how to do it through the mic, but recently the number of good or even decent players seems to be diminishing for a reason that I can understand. I don't know about PS3 but on Xbox it seems like the only 2 people I get that have a mic are 10 or 30, either of which are trolls or just plain bad. Although when i have the 30 year old that's bad, i will try to help him improve. Where as the 10 year old is breaking my eardrum to tell me to get him up when he has a M1911, I either mute or shut off my own mic. So the people who are good and have mics have little to no tolerance for these groups, thus isolating themselves to try to have more enjoyment out of it. I'm sure if they got into a lobby where all people had mics and needed help with something, they would talk. I remember when I first got Black Ops II and i went to my first zombies game since BO I joined a lobby of skulls who were very kind and informative in explaining all the features of the map to me. Now it seems that the last time I had that was when MOTD first came out and first time playing the map got people who had mics and did the easter egg while I cooperated. So I guess it's just the good people getting tired of the squeakers and stoners.

Shady assassin you got it dead on i think that is mostly everones problem.

To bad thiers not something they can do to pair people somewhat or thave different type of lobbys to choose from oreven better a veteran diffeculty to keep the kids out

Tattoo i you have to have at least one in a lobby like u or it gets boring fast there has to always be that one guy so i say screw um man be urself

My problem is that i stay in a madhouse and always have someone or something talking loud or kids fighting so im mutjng my mic more than playing so i play at night till early morning cause i usually cant sleep but even still volume has to br way down .wish i had a man cave .

I am relatively decent at Zombies and know my way around if i'm in a tight situation or where to run trains. I usually am a late comer to new maps so I rely on other people to tell me what I need to do and how to do it through the mic, but recently the number of good or even decent players seems to be diminishing for a reason that I can understand. I don't know about PS3 but on Xbox it seems like the only 2 people I get that have a mic are 10 or 30, either of which are trolls or just plain bad. Although when i have the 30 year old that's bad, i will try to help him improve. Where as the 10 year old is breaking my eardrum to tell me to get him up when he has a M1911, I either mute or shut off my own mic. So the people who are good and have mics have little to no tolerance for these groups, thus isolating themselves to try to have more enjoyment out of it. I'm sure if they got into a lobby where all people had mics and needed help with something, they would talk. I remember when I first got Black Ops II and i went to my first zombies game since BO I joined a lobby of skulls who were very kind and informative in explaining all the features of the map to me. Now it seems that the last time I had that was when MOTD first came out and first time playing the map got people who had mics and did the easter egg while I cooperated. So I guess it's just the good people getting tired of the squeakers and stoners.

stereotype 30 year olds much?

First whats with all the stoner hate? But I do get it most of stoners on live at least are annoying. I hate when I say hey we got a crawler im going to smoke real quick. Always someone laughs and makes a joke about it being weed. I usually just say I was smoking crack during that round thats why I need a cig. On the social question I usually play solo or mic plugged in but not on. I just love hearing people bash or say out loud they refuse to pick me up bc I wont talk. Its always fun to make it known I could have revived them, but chose not too.

And before I get blasted about not picking people up, I do that only if they say their going to be a dick to me.

No no no your messing up not "trying" to revive at all you have to starr reviving then stop right before you get them up then start again then stop and say man if only you had the ray gun i could have got you. That is my favorite thing to do to trolls and most aholes u will def. Get them out the lobby that way