"One possible view of how the zombies came to be" -Vahn

FatedTitan

Am I the only one that is even more excited for this map after looking at this quote?

Taken from the "We're all in a cycle- theory" in my signature:

In the next map I believe we will also be given two choices, one of them will be to do what happened before and then end up continuing the cycle (leading to all of the previous maps, probably not literally (as in being able to play them) but theoretically).

The other option will be to do something drastic, something that is going to change everything as we know it, basically something that will rearrange the way in which the previous maps have worked,

Based on this theory in the next map we are not going to be going back in time, just restarting the cycle again, the only way to save the N4 is for the O4 to break the cycle.

This could also mean that the story doesn't technically end (although it will... sort of), by this I mean that the O4 may not go to Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Rise, Kino, Ascension, Shangri-La or even the Moon after this!

There is no need for the zombie slayers to go down that road again so in one sense the story does sort of end BUT as we could tell from 'Mob of the Dead' we do NOT need to remove 115, kill all zombies or anything like that to break the cycle! So zombies can well survive, meaning that this will all continue to the next map along with the possibility of the N4 starting a new story.

Even if it isn't the cycle this could still possibly fit in somewhere like if Richtofen went/sent back in time to stop what happens (which I really like).

So what if we do have those two easter eggs, one showing us how zombies came to be (so going through shi no numa, der riese, kino etc.) thus continuing the story, then one drastically changing what we know thus meaning the beginning becomes the end but can then also become a new beginning of a new story without the previous maps, just in time for a next generation console upgrade.

There are two ways in how zombies came to be, ones the way we've been going for the past 6 years :shock: the other leading to another storyline with O4 & possibly the N4 meaning more zombies! :D

Treyarch are going to blow us out of the water in this map no matter what happens, who'd have thought that we would have gone to the Moon and have Richtofen take over then blow up the earth! Treyarch are great with annoying cliff hanger endings ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait - so did they, or did they not include new footage of ORIGINS? I remember they had server issues, then pushed it back a day - now I don't know what the hell happened.

edit: NVM. just found it. Just the same trailer, but with the unaltered Samantha ("Americanized") voice.

qiq38yis-tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... iq38yis-tU

Vahn starts talking zombies around 15:45.

edit 2 - transcript:

We looked at ORIGINS, it is an end over end look at the zombies game. It starts with this sort of dieselpunk themed view of the first World War, the Great War - and one possible view of how the zombies universe came to be.

... and then the server crapped out.

Prior to Origins trailer, I had thought the zombies were created by accident when 935 was experimenting with the MDT. Teleported Nazi Soldiers were coming back zombiefied and Richtofen talked about how they had insatiable hunger and were attacking everyone.

Perhaps the radios that explain what we thought the actual origins were are actually cover-ups?

I'm thinking if that's the case, it means something happens at Origins that would require a cover-up, something heinous, something very dark. Who's to say? I don't want to read too much into this quote from Vahn, but honestly...with all the holes in the story thus far, alternate realities/timelines would be a pretty quick way to clog all those holes. It's just not very creative.

I'm pulling for you Treyarch. You can make this work without succumbing to alternate realities and/or paradoxical time-travel, but you have to use your brain! It's your puzzle, just make pieces that fit it together!

I tend to not be too keen on alternate dimension plots, so if this is the case I'm slightly disappointed. Time travel is a little sticky, but tolerable for the most part. However, we may just taking this too far. Or, you know what? There could be something else to it that makes it rad.

I guess now we play the waiting game.