Usergroup/Colour Guide for New Members (Updated)

Flammenwerfer

Question

Here is a link to the old thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7157. The old thread is outdated; this link is merely an homage to the original poster's idea.

Hello, new members! If you're here, you're probably asking "Why do some members have cool colours? How...how can I get dat?" Well, good ole Flammenwerfer here is gonna educate you all on the subject of usergroup colours.

White members are simply regular Members. Regular members are what make this site what it is. As soon as you register, you become a member of this great Zombies community, and gain this colour automatically!

Blue members are Donors. These members have donated to the site. Their special colour is a gift; a token of appreciation for supporting CoDZ. If you have donated, you can apply to be a Donor. (Donor members are also awarded an exclusive "Donor" medal!)

Cyan members are the current month's UOTM (User of the Month). These members have been recognized by the community as outstanding leaders, grand strategists, excellent theorists, or just plain nice dudes. UOTM's are voted on by the community at the end of each month. This usergroup and colour is only temporary, however users will gain a special "UOTM" medal to show off long after they've lost the colour.

Dark Orange members are Affiliates. These members are recognized as outstanding members of the Call of Duty Zombies community across the internet. These members also show their dedication to CoDZ through various ways of media. Users cannot apply to be an Affiliate.

Purple members are Dwellers. These members are recognized by the staff as excellent role models and leaders, and are appointed with special privileges, such as the ability to sticky topics and approve Asylum posts. These members act as a link between regular members and staff members. Users, again, cannot apply to be a Dweller.

Yellow members are Legends. These members are formerly active members who showed great leadership, dedication, and overall awesomeness to the community. These members no longer post as often as they used to, and are usually ex-staff members that resigned on good terms. Users cannot apply to be a Legend.

Green members are Moderators. These members are those who have shown their worth in the community, and now manage it. These members primarily make up the staff of CoDZ, and as such, have special privileges. For example, they can ban users, delete topics, move topics and edit all posts, regardless of the poster. Users cannot apply (or ask, or plead, or beg, or hint at) to be a Moderator.

Dark Green members are Technical Support. These members are part of the moderating team that also have administrative access. They control the backend of the site, and can give support to people who are having technical issues with it. Users cannot apply to be part of Technical Support.

Red members are Admins. They are the big bosses of the community. They can do anything they want with the forum, like change user names, passwords, make forums, etc. Admins have been members of the CoDZ community for a considerable amount of time, and have, over the years, demonstrated their leadership skills. They are usually Moderators who have been promoted for their hard work. This colour is also used by the Treyarch Staff who also have accounts on CoDZ. However, they do not have the same permissions as Admins. Users cannot apply to be an Admin or Treyarch Staff (although I hear they are always hiring ;) ).

If you have any questions or concerns, please, feel free to contact me or any other staff member via PM.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What does it take to be the user of the month? I'm willing to give up my job, life, education, friends and virginity for the CoDz forums, but I'm just not sure this site's ready for me yet... I mean sure I have some weird random speculation post with 10k views due to a lucky choice in wording for the topic title, and also fired up a good controversy in my Bot Bullying Awareness post (mostly whether it's spam and advertising or not), but is this really what it takes to be a good User of the Month? @Black Hand Smith, enlighten me please

What does it take to be the user of the month? I'm willing to give up my job, life, education, friends and virginity for the CoDz forums, but I'm just not sure this site's ready for me yet... I mean sure I have some weird random speculation post with 10k views due to a lucky choice in wording for the topic title, and also fired up a good controversy in my Bot Bullying Awareness post (mostly whether it's spam and advertising or not), but is this really what it takes to be a good User of the Month? @Black Hand Smith, enlighten me please

To be user of the month you need to be the best of the best of the best..........at being patient. Just do whatever and eventually you too can be user of the month.....but it also helps if you find inspiration. Find what you are best at and go with it. 

Also on a side note. I'm tired of being white. I think I'll donate so I can be blue for a bit

To be user of the month you need to be the best of the best of the best..........at being patient. Just do whatever and eventually you too can be user of the month.....but it also helps if you find inspiration. Find what you are best at and go with it. 

Also on a side note. I'm tired of being white. I think I'll donate so I can be blue for a bit You're not white I don't think?