Origins' First Thoughts

Ehjookayted

What are your first thoughts or reactions to Origins? Discuss any strategies or reactions here. This is NOT the place to discuss the Easter Egg. This is a, "Hey, this map is awesome, especially when you do x" thread. Because of spoiler reasons, anything relating to the steps of the Easter Egg or how it affects the story will be deleted.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the price of guns and doors scale to the number of players some way

True. I looked at the videos, and it seems that the price to activate the generators increase by 200 points per player. Not sure about other things...

But I do noticed a debris around the PaP area, that costs like what, 2250 points? Seriously, that's quite a lot.

Awesome awesome awesome. Tranzit with a whole bunch more shit to do! When the robot almost killed me my surround sound shook my living room. It's a good thing you can feel him coming lol. I loveeeeee the mp40! Feels like black ops 1. Don't really like how you get stuck in mud all over the place. That's how I died first time from the robot that drops the staff parts. Not impressed at all with the sound quality. I don't understand why black ops 1 gun sound effects sound better but they definitely do to me. I feel the way I did when motd came out. Eventually we will figure everything out! Enjoy friends!

Played a few matches with my girlfriend and some randoms.

Really loving it so far. To us the best thing is definitely the side-objectives of the map. Love how they require you to stay in a tight spot and work together with your team. Then get rewarded for succes, punished for failure. Keeps the map from becoming repetitive.

Writing is as sharp as ever. EE-song rocks.

Feels like outdoor MotD with a ton more things to do, and more setup time than TranZit. This is the hardest map on BO2, I think... at least the first several rounds are.I have probably eaten over 50 downs today from this map. You die so fast it's not even funny. And if you go down, chances are that if you don't have monkeys, it's game over.

I feel like this map is indeed challenging; it's gotta be if I couldn't get past round 12 in the first 5 hours. This is the map we've been waiting for: a map where you can really show how much skill you've got (right now, at least). I think they overdid the elemental staffs part though.

Like i said, so much about this map echoes Mob. Feeding the dogs, filling the chests. New Mystery Box designs. A lot of unexpected weapons in the box. Multiple places to buy the same wall guns. A really annoying, randomly spawning mid0round boss like Brutus (but way, way gayer). Lots of places to get stuck. Tight, narrow passageways with no open training spots. Build your buildables wherever you want (the Maxis Drone is pretty cool, but I can't find the last Zombie shield piece D: ). Annoying PaP routine (though the machine looks really neat).

Overall I think this is gonna be remembered as one the best BO2 maps for hardcore Zombies fans. I like it so far, however I have been feeling like raging a lot because of really stupid deaths.