THREE GIANTS?!?!

Jolteon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This map has so much stuff in it, I can't wait to play it!

On topic: I think that either those are going to be in the background, or maybe there is a different giant for different sections of the map. They did state this to be the largest map yet right?

On topic: I think that either those are going to be in the background, or maybe there is a different giant for different sections of the map. They did state this to be the largest map yet right?

No. Too many people whined about TranZit. Treyarch will never try to make nor boast about a map being large again.

No. Too many people whined about TranZit. Treyarch will never try to make nor boast about a map being large again.

Coulda sworn I read that somewhere...oh well. I personally don't like maps being ridiculously big like Tranzit.

• Administrators

Coulda sworn I read that somewhere...oh well. I personally don't like maps being ridiculously big like Tranzit.

You did, it was in the dlc teaser that came out like a week ago.

Shit just got real...

On a more serious note, I'd like to see how they're going to explain why Germany lost the war when they have these.

EDIT: I looked on the facebook post with that, and learned we're also getting another trailer. Oorah.

Who ever mentioned they're from Germany? The giant we've seen in the trailer had (what looked like)a Medieval cross on its chest. Not a Nazi Cross.

Who ever mentioned they're from Germany? The giant we've seen in the trailer had (what looked like)a Medieval cross on its chest. Not a Nazi Cross.

Someone must learn there history. While it COULD refer to one of the various knightly orders, that is also an IRON cross, another symbol of Germany besides the Nazi symbol. BTW, they aren't Nazis in 1918.

He said larger scale then ever before. Based on what we do know, I highly doubt they would jam a tank, several buildables, giant robot(s), staves, and the ee finale into a buried size map.

Besides, lets face it everyone, it wasn't that Tranzit was big, it was that damn fog, the lack of things in that fog, the denizens, and having to deal with that crap while just trying to get from location A to B if the bus wasn't there.

Origins is more jam packed with stuff, and the cons are all gone (except maybe nothing in the inbetween areas).

Did anyone catch that he said Robots, with an "s". I wonder how many we will have to contend with at a time.

In another thread on Friday August 9th after the new DLC trailer was released I pointed out that he said, " oh and did I mention giant robots?" But no one said anything about it. So this confirms that I heard him correctly but I was just looked over. Oh well it happens. Good find by the way.

• Administrators

He said larger scale then ever before. Based on what we do know, I highly doubt they would jam a tank, several buildables, giant robot(s), staves, and the ee finale into a buried size map.

Besides, lets face it everyone, it wasn't that Tranzit was big, it was that damn fog, the lack of things in that fog, the denizens, and having to deal with that crap while just trying to get from location A to B if the bus wasn't there.

Origins is more jam packed with stuff, and the cons are all gone (except maybe nothing in the inbetween areas).

Agree, that's why I had mentioned buried. I think it has a larger playable area. We should probably be looking to motd (which was quite large) as our progression point. Im wondering what their alternative to fog will be to save frame rate.

• Administrators

Did anyone catch that he said Robots, with an "s". I wonder how many we will have to contend with at a time.

In another thread on Friday August 9th after the new DLC trailer was released I pointed out that he said, " oh and did I mention giant robots?" But no one said anything about it. So this confirms that I heard him correctly but I was just looked over. Oh well it happens. Good find by the way.

I believe it was discussed, but everyone just thought he meant the bio shock zomb.

Agree, that's why I had mentioned buried. I think it has a larger playable area. We should probably be looking to motd (which was quite large) as our progression point. Im wondering what their alternative to fog will be to save frame rate.

With all the planes, robots, details and such, frame rate is gone no matter what they do. They can't do fog all the time due to all those cool details that people want to see.

I'll have to research it, I swear I saw three giant robots before....

I looked all over google and found no images, we were shown three robots before though, there is no way I knew that ( I come here for all info) without seeing it.

It might be that the way it was portrayed was that it was a chaotic scene with multiples of everything, planes, clouds, lightning, buildings, characters, zombies. You might have gotten robots mixed in with that. And to be honest, I bet if one looked hard enough, one could find some type of intel where "robots" was used instead of "robot".

I just say that because from before the trailer, I definitely got the feel that there was more than one. However, the way the singular robot was given so much attention in the trailer reversed that feeling for me.