Samantha... Maxis?

xcodesterox

You ever just have an epiphany out of a thin air?

In the most recent letter from the fields, we have Edwards as you all know by now

May 13 1918

The journal of Pablo Marinus has been a most valuable source of information... We now stand at the edge of a brave new world. Our survey of the site has led us to believe that this location may hold the largest single source of 115 yet discovered. We have been authorized to begin work immediately...

Maxis has become obsessed, he neglects the true focus of our mission and instead chases legends and myths. I fear that the girl's influence may have irrevocably poisoned his mind. It is with considerable regret that I must report his current mental instability to group 935's leaders...

- Richtofen

Now I could possibly be proven wrong instantly, but I know that Maxis is searching for his daughter, Samantha, in aether, weve come to know that he is very protective of his Samantha, whom has Yellow glowing eyed zombies, which has changed with each succesful easter egg besides motd.

Yet are trailer has purple eyes, and more pro-dominantly, yellow eyes. I've read through most of these threads and the most favored scenario is time travel. But i have a curve-ball to throw your way. What if according to this letter "THE GIRL" is in fact non other then Samantha.

That would be why we have yellow eyes, and could maybe bring more light to Edwards Lantern of good. Over time the evils that have been unearthed, Maxis became obsessed with this girl, who twisted and manipulated his mind, which made him think she was actually her daughter, which is why Edward hates her so much, because after the events of origins, the time line begins in this evil darkest timeline, and as we learn the 04 we think hes crazy and evil, who is actually being manipulated by Edward from the future, and as buried ends, he goes back to the beginning, to stop Samantha once and for all and enter back into the prime timeline.

phew.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure about that...what could a little girl say/do that would jeopardize their goals?

For now I am leaning towards Sophia, just because Maxis himself notes her as a distraction because of his feelings for her.

I figured that from the point of view of a parent (not me, Maxis), a little girl can do a lot to jeopardize not just your goals of work but your entire life.

Not too sure about that...what could a little girl say/do that would jeopardize their goals?

For now I am leaning towards Sophia, just because Maxis himself notes her as a distraction because of his feelings for her.

I figured that from the point of view of a parent (not me, Maxis), a little girl can do a lot to jeopardize not just your goals of work but your entire life.

Of course they can, but in the few radios where he speaks to her, he is stern, but still father like, so at this point it could go either way. It just sticks out to me that some random name was dropped a long time ago and never talked about again. I don't give a good argument other than I find it hard to believe that Samantha is exposed to even a small fraction of what they're doing.

She is present, but I doubt she even knows what's going on, much less having a valued opinion on the matter. Unless it's her opinion of Richtofen, which if I remember correctly, she liked him at first, but then he became mean and even did small tests on her? Sounds right :lol:

Treyarch are sneaky devils, I saw last night that the Raygun Mark two was mentioned in BO1 computer files! The in game computer not the actual files of the game itself.

Well that gets into the realm of speculation, because I would say you are right, but the trailer indicates Samantha knows more. What exactly? How exactly? Who knows...

As for the Ray Gun, the specific terminology was "second generation". At the time, that meant the Pack-A-Punched version. However, we can now retroactively attribute that to the Mark II. It could go either way, really. It is said Porter made the second generation, but odds are Porter made both the Pack-A-Punched version and the Mark II, so it doesn't help much.

Anyone else thinking Samantha may be a Vril ya? Is there any myths around the idea that they can age much slower? It would explain why Maxis has become so obsessed with reaching Argatha. Samantha has poisoned his mind with the idea of reaching Argatha. I am no expert on the storyline so im just kinda throwing this out there in case i might be onto something. Probably not but its the first time I've tried to contribute a bit to the story.