Origins Intro Is Different.... on CODTV

TheNathanNS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Anyone notice they fixed Nikolai's last name? It's Belinski now, not Belinksi.

On Samantha's voice, the voice may have been used to hide that it was Samantha. With this trailer you could easily tell, but with the original, you were guessing throughout it all. Could've been a placeholder but I really doubt it.

As for why she doesn't have a German accent? Am not really sure about that. Could be a good reason.

But yes, this will hopefully be the intro cinematic instead of the original.

I don't like her new voice.

Didn't think the original was a placeholder, they would surely have removed it before rendering, unless they really don't check their videos for errors before they release them.

Also she never had a german accent during Moon. In fact, Treyach never did pay much attention to accents anyway, since Maxis also completely dropped his accent mumerous times whenever he felt like it.

I'll check it out when I get home...I prefer the gravely voice over the innocent voice so it will be a let down if the intro doesn't have the angry Samantha voice. I never heard any complaints on her voice when you get power ups on her maps :?

That's because the original voice doesn't have a chain smoker voice. It's demonic there, and isn't annoying even when Samantha speaks full sentences in the moon easter egg. It just sounded bad in the opening.

So it's a different voice all together?

If so then I'll have to just go watch it, otherwise I've always like the gravely voice :lol:

Well the gravely voice is different from the old Samantha announcer is what I meant.

The gravely voice is basically the little girl voice in the new version of the opening with an audio effect.

I just think Treyarch polarized it too much. They go technology-enhanced. Then they go childish. I mean, they had it right on Moon. Technologically-enhanced, childish sounding voice.

+1 there

I just think Treyarch polarized it too much. They go technology-enhanced. Then they go childish. I mean, they had it right on Moon. Technologically-enhanced, childish sounding voice.

Yeah, they should've just kept the same voice actor for her minus the technologically enhancement.

Something I didn't notice till I saw this version, is that around 0:42 seconds, there's a voice that whispers "touch them". It sounds like New Samantha's voice (New Samantha as in this new voice). Wonder what that's about?

LOL Touch them. Sorry, I have an immature sense of humor.

It doesn't even sound like Samantha to begin with. Either voices.

To me, she sounds.... more English than German.

Can anyone confirm something for me? The trailer that has the the different voice, did the title of the repost on codtv have (feat. avenged sevenfold) in the name?

you joined just to ask this?

do you represent the band by any chance?

it lists the map name only, as these are introductions for the maps, not trailers,..

it also doesn't say featuring, and follow with the names of any voice actors, deisgners, programers, sound tech, other bands, singers, etc, from this intro or any of the others,..

so why does it matter?

Can anyone confirm something for me? The trailer that has the the different voice, did the title of the repost on codtv have (feat. avenged sevenfold) in the name?

it lists the map name only, as these are introductions for the maps, not trailers,..

it also doesn't say featuring, and follow with the names of any voice actors, deisgners, programers, sound tech, other bands, singers, etc, from this intro or any of the others,..

so why does it matter?

It matters because the one on Treyarch's youtube channel does say featuring Avenged Sevenfold, and I listen to them enough to know that the first narrator sounds exactly like the singer of the band. So I'm thinking that that is part of the "Feat. Avenged Sevenfold" in the title. So maybe is wasn't meant to sound like Samantha in the first place. I wanted to know if the trailer on CodTV had the feature in the title to see if that was a legitimate possibility.

On CoD TV it's just called "ORIGINS". There's no reference about Avenged Sevenfold.

That could be really important. I'm noticing that on the video on Treyarch's youtube page, it does say that. And they only have the one with the raspy voice of Samantha talking. I'm thinking that the narrator is actually just Matt Shadows talking, thats why this one says featuring A7X and the new one doesn't.

Makes sense as to why it sounded like a guy. But it still seems a little silly.

Yeah, very true. When I first saw the trailer and saw the feature, I immediately thought of M. Shadows when I heard the person talk. If you've heard stuff from Waking the Fallen, you'd here the similarities.

so why does it matter?

It matters because the one on Treyarch's youtube channel does say featuring Avenged Sevenfold, and I listen to them enough to know that the first narrator sounds exactly like the singer of the band. So I'm thinking that that is part of the "Feat. Avenged Sevenfold" in the title. So maybe is wasn't meant to sound like Samantha in the first place. I wanted to know if the trailer on CodTV had the feature in the title to see if that was a legitimate possibility.

well why didn't you say so, :oops: that actually makes perfect sense, their song they do the voice overs,

they need to release this map now, all the intel and theory goin round this past 2 weeks im actually starting to think people in real life are up no good, :roll:

:idea: don't mix booze with thinking :lol: