Origins Intro Is Different.... on CODTV

TheNathanNS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video uploaded, really bad quality, sorry about that.

The CODTV Samantha Voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7OkChCw ... e=youtu.be

The Origins Intro Treyarch uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS701bMxmSI

IMO If Treyarch used a placeholder in their YouTube video, that was just damn lazy. Even for them.

Actually sounds like the old voice without the chain smoker effect. Just the way she says things.

IMO If Treyarch used a placeholder in their YouTube video, that was just damn lazy. Even for them.

thank you, why do something so lazy now?

but whoa, what happen to her voice from Moon.. :shock:

and also a couple scenes were cut too or did you just cut them to save time? lol

Yeah I cut them.

I only kept the changed parts.

It's the same, but Samantha's "girl" voice makes it feel different, compared the the demon/smoker one.

Thanks for the heads up Nathan, I never use CODTV.

I don´t know why would treyarch release the other voice with the A7X song having this one. No Elena for the EE song??!!!!!!!

Here is the footage with Samantha´s new voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzRFWWppIyw

(youtube will probably shut down this vid next week with the release of Shepherd of Fire)

Jeager has already mentioned the difference, while we see No Man´s Land this lines are introduced:

"As an Ancient Evil ravaged the front lines, the hopes of the Allies rested on three soldiers sent to stop it."

I just noticed that Richtofen sees the panzer soldat way before the light shows up and does not jump with the O3

that is SO strange. why would they manipulate the voice in one version of the video, and then leave it regular in the other version? Perhaps another oversight similar to the misspelling of Nikolai's last name?

+1 TheNathanNS, awesome find.

Thank you.

I highly doubt it's an oversight, you'd have to be deaf not to notice any difference between the voices. :|

Origins gets more confusing everyday.

I hope they don't do anything like this audio file wise when the map is actually out.

Awesome. So glad that they fixed this. I knew it had to be an error or something of that nature. Go team Samantha!

I don't know why it's being said to be "confusing". This is quite the opposite. It was confusing before, now it is concise and clear. I said earlier that the voice used a cheap voice synthesizer, not unlike the one used for Preying Mantis Cave Johnson.

This is the entertainment industry people. We buy half-finished games to be patched at a later date. Developers don't have time to wait for a polished beauty. They are forced to release things early, such as cinematic intros, and suffer quality in return, like misspellings and voiceovers. However, sure enough, they will go back in and fix them. And it's only natural, after all this was NOT a trailer. It was literally them releasing the cinematic intro a week early. It's not surprising that they'll still be working on it for the next week; it is crunch time after all.

I don't know why it's being said to be "confusing". This is quite the opposite.

For me it's confusing on why Samantha has 2 voices. Even more so why none sound remotely German.

I'm not usually picky on these kind of things but Treyarch have been making quite a few mistakes lately.

I can tolerate the mispelling of Richtofan in Kino, I can tolerate the mispelling of Bellinski.

But having 2 different intros to me seems Treyarch haven't paid much attention to their work.

For me it's confusing on why Samantha has 2 voices. Even more so why none sound remotely German.

I'm not usually picky on these kind of things but Treyarch have been making quite a few mistakes lately.

I can tolerate the mispelling of Richtofan in Kino, I can tolerate the mispelling of Bellinski.

But having 2 different intros to me seems Treyarch haven't paid much attention to their work.

It was a placeholder. Not a whole new voice for her that has any relation to the story. There's nothing confusing here. And Treyarch makes mistakes constantly.

It was a placeholder. Not a whole new voice for her that has any relation to the story. There's nothing confusing here. And Treyarch makes mistakes constantly.

Well it was lazy of them.

I remember people saying how "demonic" Samantha sounded and some people wanted that voice.

Also to anyone saying Samantha was on about Richtofen when she mentioned "3 soldiers" in the "new" intro, remember, Richtofen isn't a soldier. He was a Doctor.

Fear the Doc.

I feel like a re-upload is necessarily.

From Treyarch? Exactly.

I know this voice swap will more than likely mean nothing storywise but I know some hardcore fans will make some theories up how Samantha got out of the ether and had that "smoker" voice and then went back in time and had her normal voice or something like that.

Hmm, I don't believe it's a placeholder. You do not just suddenly want to change a voiceover that they would have planned months beforehand to pick the perfect person, voice and voice effect in this case. As someone else said in this thread, it shouldn't be overlooked until the map is out.

Honestly it seems as though the only reason they changed the voice is because of the zombie community saying how they didnt like how it sounded like a man(it kinda did)...

but now it honestly sounds terrible, i liked the initial video despite it sounding slightly amiss as it fit the dark, sinister, and decrepid mood of the map creating this dark mysteriousness about it...

But now it just sounds like some random girl, who sounds nothing like the voice from moon, "attempting" to adequately narrate the lines but does a horrible job, and it completely strips the video of its initial feel

Plus the additional line right before they cameo Dempsey is completely unecessary and sounds terrible when it transitions the sound to the avenged 7x song...

Dont understand why they did this...

my guess is that they took their chance and decided to change the voice when they realized they made the spelling mistake.

the new voice fits better but sounds unmastered, meaning they did it in a hurry.

and the old one seemed like it was a little poorly done as it sounded kinda like a man.

Well.... she is in Richtofen's body.... the male vocal cords could've taken over by now. XD

Hmm, I don't believe it's a placeholder. You do not just suddenly want to change a voiceover that they would have planned months beforehand to pick the perfect person and voice. As someone else said in this thread, it shouldn't be overlooked until the map is out.

They've had around 10 months for people to audition for Samantha.

I'd be more annoyed if Samantha had a different voice in the actual map than both intros. :|

Plus the additional line right before they cameo Dempsey is completely unecessary and sounds terrible when it transitions the sound to the avenged 7x song...

Dont understand why they did this...

Exactly. Plus why only one line [when A7X start playing] then nothing until the very end.

• Administrators

Well atleast we can put about 25% of our time loop alternate dimension who-ha to rest. Nikolai has velcro pockets, velcro wasnt invented until 1948???? Time pockets!!!!! ha kidding, so much easier on my ears. Thanks Treyarch!