Elemental Staff Theories

yourmapper

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BlackOpsTiger:

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19705

And I came up with the vril staff in February of last year.

But seriously, Treyarch pulls from the community. We aren't the only community of Zombies fans out there. Although I would think we are the nicest, largest, and most informative of them. But our ideas get incorporated into the game.

Case and point, I coined the term Thunderguns Mark I, Mark II, and Mark III. Then what does Treyarch release? Ray Gun Mark I, Mark II, and Mark III (well technically the I, 1.5, and II, but still). Does this mean I have secret intel? No.

This game is a product of its audience. It's the beauty of it.

I came up with the ideas of flingers (tramplesteams) and the time-bomb not too long ago...

Somebody else came up with the idea of vulture aid

The best example I can think of was AlphaSnake making a theory thread about a possible Nazi base on the Moon. Then one year later, we had the Moon map. I believe I recall one of the devs saying in an interview that they were inspired to make that map by some stuff they'd seen done in the community.

- Mix

I came up with an idea months ago for a ghost that steals points and gives a free perk. Then buried came out and I made mess in trousers. I also speculated that they would revisit the idea of the jet gun (no ammo / cool down) but that was more of a case of me guessing correctly than them using my idea.

When the jet gun was first teased I said it would be cool if we could choose between a variety of objects to add to give it different effects. For example building it with a gas can would give it fire power (no pun intended.) using a canister of liquid nitrogen would make it freeze zombies. Etc etc. I'm not saying that was my idea alone, but it's cool to see that treyarch and I think alike, as that looks like it's going to be the case here.

...Although I feel we'll be using ingredients a bit more classy than petrol and liquid nitrogen. :mrgreen:

So the staffs are confirmed as Fire, Ice, lightning and Air

You're probably right because of the achievement icon, but nothing is confirmed until we actually play origins. To you a couple of wavy lines could mean air, and to someone else could mean something entirely different. :mrgreen:

Edit: I can't understate how absolutely stoked I am for these. It will be cool to finally get a fire wonder weapon as well as re-visit some old wonder weapon elemental concepts. First thing I'm doing is building the lightning staff. EJ will be in his natural habitat.

You're probably right because of the achievement icon, but nothing is confirmed until we actually play origins. To you a couple of wavy lines could mean air, and to someone else could mean something entirely different. :mrgreen:

Edit: I can't understate how absolutely stoked I am for these. It will be cool to finally get a fire wonder weapon as well as re-visit some old wonder weapon elemental concepts. First thing I'm doing is building the lightning staff. EJ will be in his natural habitat.

Yes. While it does look like air, a couple of wavy lines could be water, air, or a Ghostbusters reference. Not confirmed yet.

Yes. While it does look like air, a couple of wavy lines could be water, air, or a Ghostbusters reference. Not confirmed yet.

I actually had that scene from the ghostbusters in mind while typing that. Bravo sir. :D

Now, assuming it IS fire, ice, wind, and electricity, which one is which? Naturally the blue one is ice and the red one is fire, but why would wind be purple? That's assuming the other one is lightning. But alternatively why would lightning be purple? Don't get me wrong; I'm already looking forward to the lightning staff, and purple lightning would be badass, but it doesn't really make sense.

Edit: I just remembered something. You know how the Zeus cannon fires a blast of air with an almost purple-ish color? Maybe the purple staff will be air, and it will fire just like the upgraded thunder gun.

I hate the phrase "confirmed". In Zombies, nothing is ever confirmed. Just saying.

So the O4 being in Origins as playable isn't confirmed in your eyes? /Sarcasm

Plenty of stuff is confirmed. Just not storyline info. Gameplay elements and other such things are entirely confirmed and can be called as such. Aside from the wind or water argument about those wavy lines. I think it's wind as it wouldn't make sense to have one for snow AND water.

I hate the phrase "confirmed". In Zombies, nothing is ever confirmed. Just saying.

So the O4 being in Origins as playable isn't confirmed in your eyes? /Sarcasm

Plenty of stuff is confirmed. Just not storyline info. Gameplay elements and other such things are entirely confirmed and can be called as such. Aside from the wind or water argument about those wavy lines. I think it's wind as it wouldn't make sense to have one for snow AND water.

The point is that gameplay elements from a map nobody has played yet are unconfirmed. For all we k is it could be microwaves like the wave gun (hence the wavy lines.) also water and ice are the same thing just in different states of matter. So just saying.

I actually had that scene from the ghostbusters in mind while typing that. Bravo sir. :D

Now, assuming it IS fire, ice, wind, and electricity, which one is which? Naturally the blue one is ice and the red one is fire, but why would wind be purple? That's assuming the other one is lightning. But alternatively why would lightning be purple? Don't get me wrong; I'm already looking forward to the lightning staff, and purple lightning would be badass, but it doesn't really make sense.

Edit: I just remembered something. You know how the Zeus cannon fires a blast of air with an almost purple-ish color? Maybe the purple staff will be air, and it will fire just like the upgraded thunder gun.

I'll tell you what the effect is... it's pissing me off! :D

I also do think it's fire, ice, wind, and electricity. But I wouldn't say it's confirmed. Having electricity seems odd, instead of earth, the traditional 4th element. It could also be ice and liquid water, water in 2 different states, which makes about as much sense as electricity.

But if I had to pick I'd say the purple is electricity since the staff housing looks like the Wunderwaffe. And air would be the green one with the ring, like the ring of the Thundergun for an air blast.

Correct!

So the O4 being in Origins as playable isn't confirmed in your eyes? Plenty of stuff is confirmed. Just not storyline info. Gameplay elements and other such things are entirely confirmed and can be called as such. Aside from the wind or water argument about those wavy lines. I think it's wind as it wouldn't make sense to have one for snow AND water.

If this is an alternate reality, then it isn't actually the original characters. It is a mirror reality with characters very similar to ours but not the actual thing. :D

Nothing is confirmed.

Correct!

So the O4 being in Origins as playable isn't confirmed in your eyes? Plenty of stuff is confirmed. Just not storyline info. Gameplay elements and other such things are entirely confirmed and can be called as such. Aside from the wind or water argument about those wavy lines. I think it's wind as it wouldn't make sense to have one for snow AND water.

If this is an alternate reality, then it isn't actually the original characters. It is a mirror reality with characters very similar to ours but not the actual thing. :D

Nothing is confirmed.

Point made from you and EJ I guess. I just don't buy the whole alternate reality deal. I just really hope the electric staff shoots like the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Same for the ice on being like the winters howl. I wouldn't mind having those effects back in the form of new style WW. Maybe it's these staffs that inspired the creation of the wonder weapons?

Correct!

Nothing is confirmed.

But that's my point. I don't think the alternate reality thing is true either, but it is a possibility. I was just illustrating that in Zombies even the most basic of things can never be said to be confirmed.

Dude, you're so deep, I can't even see you anymore.

But that's my point. I don't think the alternate reality thing is true either, but it is a possibility. I was just illustrating that in Zombies even the most basic of things can never be said to be confirmed.

Nope. You are wrong because I am too unintelligent to provide reasoning or even understand the theory.

UPDATE: color coded based on if the predictions were right or not right. Pretty close over all, except that there was electricity instead of earth, you can't swap staves, and there is only one secondary effect for all staves.

I updated the original theory post (written right after achievements were released) with the results. viewtopic.php?f=155&p=327810#p327810

Well, I wasn't that far off... I really thought you could trade staves, which you can I guess by putting them back, but not directly. Excited I guessed the revive-from-a-distance with a staff.