Elemental Staff Theories

yourmapper

Just throwing this out there as my theories about the staffs in this map, based on the achievements.

1. There are 4 staves total - earth, air, fire, water.

2. You have to build each staff with parts (some parts are buried).

3. Each staff can be PaPed to upgrade it to an Ultimate Staff.

4. You can give staves to other players with the Use button. If they have a staff, you trade staves.

5. Each staff's attack power relates to its element. Air = thundergun, Fire = flaming lava laser, Water = push back and slip up zombies, Earth = surround zombies with dirt to paralyze them temporarily

6. When Ultimate, the staves have a secondary effect on players, like the Vril gun did in CotD. Water = revive from a distance, Fire = set player on fire, temp impervious to swipes, Air = faster run speed, reload, Earth = protection, take more hits.

7. Staves will be used to open or power places or items on the map.

Ok, there you go! Confirmed!! :mrgreen:

UPDATE: color coded based on if the predictions were right or not right. Pretty close over all, except that there was electricity instead of earth, you can't swap staves, and there is only one secondary effect for all staves.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are our supernatural wonder weapons. Since there are apparently several, and they are elemental, I'd say each corresponds to a natural element. For instance there could be a staff of fire, a staff of ice, a staff of electricity (dibs) etc.

I've always had an idea for a buildables like this. Here's how I think it will go. You have only one workbench. You add the staff, and a few other small components. Then you have a choice. Do I add an ice sphere, or a fire sphere? Depending on how you build it determines what it becomes. Then you can disassemble it (trade it out) and build it again a new way. TA-DA!

That was the idea I made earlier, but it's based on an idea I made last October when speculating about the Jet Gun.

One thing that is really important about my idea is that technically there is only one staff, and you can just use it in different ways depending on how you build it. That is important because then only one person could have it at a time. If you made them all separately, everyone could have one and it would be totally OP.

One thing that is really important about my idea is that technically there is only one staff, and you can just use it in different ways depending on how you build it. That is important because then only one person could have it at a time. If you made them all separately, everyone could have one and it would be totally OP.

I really hope this is how they work. As much as I want to have both an ice staff and fire staff, it would be beyond overpowered. Also I wouldn't doubt if they have infinite ammo. The way things are looking, this could be one of the easiest or hardest maps yet.

As I posted in a different thread, I feel they'll be used to help release Samantha.

Or mend the rift....

The Rift was already mended in Buried in Richtofen's endgame...

Yeah but knowing Treyarch they'd probably say the rift isn't mended correctly.

Also we don't know if Origins is set after Maxis' endgame.

Just wanted to say that the Vril Ya had Vril (115) powered staffs.

A Vril staff is an object in the shape of a wand or a staff which is used as a channel for Vril. The narrator describes it as hollow with 'stops', 'keys', or 'springs' in which Vril can be altered, modified or directed to either destroy or heal. The staff is about the size of a walking stick but can be lengthened or shortened according to the user's preferences. The appearance and function of the Vril staff differs according to gender, age, etc.

Just figured I'd toss that info in, to mingle with all the theorizin'

I really hope this is how they work. As much as I want to have both an ice staff and fire staff, it would be beyond overpowered. Also I wouldn't doubt if they have infinite ammo. The way things are looking, this could be one of the easiest or hardest maps yet.

Thanks. You immediately reminded me of a certain boss from Zelda.

Just throwing this out there as my theories about the staffs in this map, based on the achievements.

1. There are 4 staves total - earth, air, fire, water.

2. You have to build each staff with parts (some parts are buried).

3. Each staff can be PaPed to upgrade it to an Ultimate Staff.

4. You can give staves to other players with the Use button. If they have a staff, you trade staves.

5. Each staff's attack power relates to its element. Air = thundergun, Fire = flaming lava laser, Water = push back and slip up zombies, Earth = surround zombies with dirt to paralyze them temporarily

6. When Ultimate, the staves have a secondary effect on players, like the Vril gun did in CotD. Water = revive from a distance, Fire = set player on fire, temp impervious to swipes, Air = faster run speed, reload, Earth = protection, take more hits.

7. Staves will be used to open or power places or items on the map.

Ok, there you go! Confirmed!! :mrgreen:

Love the ideas mate! i am super pumped to find out what these are/do.

my theory on it is you will be able to build the staff, and then based on what elemental power you find you can make it whatever. so like you have the staff, and idk maybe it has some sort of power w/o elemental or is a melee or something, but then you find different elemental power sources throughout the map and you power it with those into whatever element it is

my 2 cents. should be epic next tuesdaY!

As I posted in a different thread, I feel they'll be used to help release Samantha.

Or mend the rift....

The Rift was already mended in Buried in Richtofen's endgame...

Yeah but knowing Treyarch they'd probably say the rift isn't mended correctly.

Also we don't know if Origins is set after Maxis' endgame.

i'm pretty sure we know this is a prequel. this is quite onviously long before any of the events that took place with our N4.

I just think folks who think this is after the maxis endgame are wanting too badly for it to advance that part of the story, but I don't think we'll get that until next 3arch game

I'm thinking, Fire, water, Air , Earth.

But what would be Awesome to the extreme, is if two players with two differant elements used their staff on the same area then a combination would occur

E.G.

Fire+Water= Fog (causes fog to roll in)

Fire+Air = Lightning (Causes chain reaction of damage between zombies)

Fire+Earth= Lava (causes floor to be deadly to both zombies and players)

Water+ Air = Rain (causes weather to change to rain)

Water +Earth= Mud (causes effect similar to sliquifier)

Air+Earth= idk snow perhaps (causes weather to change to snow)

Admit it, that would be awesome

They defiantly sound like an upgradeable weapon through the achievement: Master wizard

But to me earth, wind, fire and water is missing something...

Which makes me think that each ability is inspired by the themes of the maps:

Fire (Tranzit)

Poison (nuketown)

Wind/hight (die rise)

electricity or water (Mob of the dead)

earth (Buried)

And 115 (Origins)

Each working in their own special way.... Hopefully each are equally effective...

I also think that there will be two stages of building this weapon: Building the weapon's station and then adding the elemental parts... so the player with the staff can run around and grab the element he needs and add it to the station, each time he does the element re-spawns so he can effectively change the staff into whatever he needs it to be...

Also: COOL! Now I can be Gandalf AND richtofen at the same time: YOU SHALL NOT PASS UN BUTCHER!

I'm wondering if the various eye colors to the zombies we've seen in the trailers correlate to the four elemental staves?

I think the new poster helps support my hypothesis. All the zombies' eyes and the panzer soldat's eye are orange here. Just like the staff.

Yet in the cinematic intro we saw the Templar zombies had purple eyes, and the panzer soldat had a yellow eye.

- Mix

I'm wondering if the various eye colors to the zombies we've seen in the trailers correlate to the four elemental staves?

I think the new poster helps support my hypothesis. All the zombies' eyes and the panzer soldat's eye are orange here. Just like the staff.

Yet in the cinematic intro we saw the Templar zombies had purple eyes, and the panzer soldat had a yellow eye.

This is interesting. Brains! Note how the yellow color in every eye and the gem has the same kind of glowing lens flare on it.

Maybe you only have one of the 4 gems in the staff at a time (and only one staff) and the colors of the zombies' eyes change depending on the one that it active on the map. Maybe it changes their behavior in some way, or controls them somehow, or makes the vulnerable to something.

Go on the treyarch facebook page. Compare the color with the orange CoD double xp poster. Definitely orange.

EDIT: there's also a sort of yellow light on the Big Daddy zombie in the poster. That's a better comparison. The thing is, the eyes have a darker color than yellow in them, it's more reddish, making them orange.