Origins Achievements (UPDATED: With Icons)

LiamFTWinter

No. Some people believe that rumor. And some people on the site will take the fence stance and go "well, it's possible". But no. I'll say otherwise. It's just a rumor. Mob of the Dead was a really popular map. So, many spoiled players will instead of saying "Thank you Zombie devs for making this" they will instead say "This map is really good, so OBVIOUSLY someone ELSE made it, Zombie debs!" I find it rude and disrespectful.

Did the campaign team help out the zombie team? Yes, but they ALWAYS do, on every map.

I figured as much, but wasn't sure, so thanks for clarifying that.

I'm pretty sure the way it worked was that before BO2 was released, there was 3 teams, the Multiplayer team, the Campaign team and the zombies team. But the dlcs would be too much for one zombies team to handle, so after the game was released, the campaign team became the second zombie team, and the two teams took turns in making the maps, hence why MOTD had no effect on the Tranzit/Die Rise/Buried easter egg.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On second thought I'm pretty sure Zombie Blood is a power-up.

Like I said, it's based off of the episode of the walking dead where they cover themselves in zombie guts to mask their scent. Then they just walk through a crowd of zombies and they don't even notice them. Becoming invisible to zombies sound awesome, but it's the kind of thing that would only last a short time (unlike a perk or equipment.) so you heard it here first, Zombie Blood is a new power-up that makes you invisible to zombies temporarily.

I wonder what the HUD icon will be, or the 3D pickup icon. Maybe just an actual drop shape.

What's that noise I'm hearing? Is that a phone ringing? Because I just called it.

The Perk and power-up icons are almost identical in shape. Interestingly the picture on the achievement isn't the same shape as either (but that's just because they took some artistic liberties I'm sure.)

But I'm 99% sure zombie blood makes you invisible to zombies. After all the achievement is called "master of disguise" as well as the fact that it makes it easier to revive and activate a generator (which likely takes time / has to be built.)

if it was a perk, how would it work? Would it be like vulture-aid elixir but with only the green haze? How would standing in one spot (in the mist) allow you to revive someone and turn on a generator? How else would it work? If it was time-based you would build up a train and have it scatter with awful timing. If it makes zombies avoid you when red-screened or something it would be a bit OP. I honestly can't see this working well as a perk. Alternatively 30 seconds of invisibility seems a lot more simple and practical, at least to me. :mrgreen:

What I'm really interested in is that there are supposedly 2 or more new power-ups. "...a new perk and power-ups..." Is in the trailer description. Of course the word New could be only referring to the perk, they were paired together intentionally. On top of the new power-ups they could bring back death machine or bonfire sale. Also I'd like to see an Easter egg power up like the lightning bolt, maybe bringing back an old favorite like the thundergun.

It seems like everyone is more concerned about story than gameplay with these achievements. Oh hey, sam's returning. That's coo-- OMG WE CAN GET 4 ELEMENTAL STAFFS AND DIG UP GUNS AND TURN INVISIBLE!! This map is Gonna be awesome. And I can tell you for sure that when EJ toasts zombies with his electric staff he isn't going to be concerned about what color their eyes are. (Not that I don't care about the story; quite the opposite. I'm just anticipating how much fun I'll have playing it in comparison to picking it apart beforehand.)

It seems like everyone is more concerned about story than gameplay with these achievements. Oh hey, sam's returning. That's coo-- OMG WE CAN GET 4 ELEMENTAL STAFFS AND DIG UP GUNS AND TURN INVISIBLE!! This map is Gonna be awesome. And I can tell you for sure that when EJ toasts zombies with his electric staff he isn't going to be concerned about what color their eyes are. (Not that I don't care about the story; quite the opposite. I'm just anticipating how much fun I'll have playing it in comparison to picking it apart beforehand.)

I agree completely. Gameplay comes first. Then story.

Just saying remember in the trailer we saw viles with the numbers of prisoners from MotD, what if when we purchase the perk we get viles and the vile gets filled every time you kill a zombie and when it's full you can use it to cover yourself.

*Vials. And I really like this idea a lot. +1 to you sir.

Just saying remember in the trailer we saw viles with the numbers of prisoners from MotD, what if when we purchase the perk we get viles and the vile gets filled every time you kill a zombie and when it's full you can use it to cover yourself.

Now THAT's an idea I like. But that does present the issue of it being OP. if you could just bail out every time you're cornered or if a teammate goes down it wouldn't be difficult. Of course there is the obvious limitation of you having to kill zombies to use it. But how many zombies would it take to fill up? Too few would be OP. I can imagine them finding the right balance with this idea, although realistically if it filled up with every 50 kills (for instance) that would be a free cop-out per round at least in the middle rounds.

I'm pretty sure this is how Zombie Blood will work.

It's a drop like Insta-Kill, but shaped like a drop of blood (glowing green and rotating, of course). You touch it and everyone on your team is ignored by the zombies for 30 seconds. Like the Vulture Aid mist, but no mist.

During that time you can do what you want. Get perks, revive, power generators, etc. that's how you can earn the achievements. It all seems pretty clear now that this is how it will work.

Ok I'm a bit confused, people are saying that with the new Xbox update that even if they PRESSED THE SWITCH in buried that their towers become lit again? I am on PS3 and when the button was pressed the tower's lights went out, and I was told it did this on Xbox as well, so the tower's lights switch back on?

I like the idea, but Richthofen is the only one with the vials.

No 150G achievement? Well, wtf?

I was sure we'd get another giant achievement like we did for Moon...

As for the zombie blood...Power-up seems to work better in theory, as it gives us the good stuff from Vulture-Aid without being OP. However, if it were a perk, perhaps it's a fairly cheap perk (1500 Max) and once you purchase it it shows on the HUD as unlit (like having the perks without power on) until you kill a certain number of Zombies and it slowly fills up, pixel by pixel until it's completely lit. Once that happens, maybe it will animate on the HUD like V-Aid did when you were in the green mist to indicate it's active. During this time you are invisible and can revive, run away, grab a weapon, etc.. Once the timer runs up (60-90 seconds?) the perk goes away and you'd have to re-purchase it. That would make it non-OP as a perk.

Ok I'm a bit confused, people are saying that with the new Xbox update that even if they PRESSED THE SWITCH in buried that their towers become lit again? I am on PS3 and when the button was pressed the tower's lights went out, and I was told it did this on Xbox as well, so the tower's lights switch back on?

The xbox update? or just the black ops 2 update?

i haven't done the xbox update, but after the black ops 2 update the box in the courthouse on buried is still lit up accurately to reflect the EE's i've done but the map select screen does not light up at all on any of them

No 150G achievement? Well, wtf?

I was sure we'd get another giant achievement like we did for Moon...

As for the zombie blood...Power-up seems to work better in theory, as it gives us the good stuff from Vulture-Aid without being OP. However, if it were a perk, perhaps it's a fairly cheap perk (1500 Max) and once you purchase it it shows on the HUD as unlit (like having the perks without power on) until you kill a certain number of Zombies and it slowly fills up, pixel by pixel until it's completely lit. Once that happens, maybe it will animate on the HUD like V-Aid did when you were in the green mist to indicate it's active. During this time you are invisible and can revive, run away, grab a weapon, etc.. Once the timer runs up (60-90 seconds?) the perk goes away and you'd have to re-purchase it. That would make it non-OP as a perk.

wasn't it just 100g for the big bang theory? and like 50 or 75 for cryogenic slumber party?

either way, I really am a bit surprised they didn't do something like that since it was so popular last go around with moon.

The xbox update? or just the black ops 2 update?

i haven't done the xbox update, but after the black ops 2 update the box in the courthouse on buried is still lit up accurately to reflect the EE's i've done but the map select screen does not light up at all on any of them

I haven't checked the box in the courthouse myself but I was referring to some people saying their towers were lighting up again and was wondering if it was an error or on purpose. My towers aren't lit on the ps3 so wasn't sure.