Clearing Up Something - EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

Naitrax

I just want to clear something up about what is going on in Origins.

Origins IS set in an alternate reality. Treyarch have 100000% confirmed that. Look here:

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse marks Treyarch and Activision’s fourth and final DLC map pack for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2, capping-off the year with two all-new Multiplayer Maps, two re-imagined fan-favorite Multiplayer classics, and an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield.

That can be found right here, ON THE BLACK OPS 2 WEBSITE: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/dlc4-apocalypse

Why is this important? Because this is the explanation to the age argument.

In this reality, events have played out differently to the one we are used to. The Element was discovered much earlier, and the characters were born earlier. Some (or none) of our Zombies maps will not occur in this reality.

Just wanted to clear that up.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could just as easily explain that by saying that they meant that Zombies in general aren't real, which makes Zombies in WW1 and so forth an alternate reality, since you're playing in a setting based off a real location and a real set of events along with some things like the zombies that were never real.

You could just as easily explain that by saying that they meant that Zombies in general aren't real, which makes Zombies in WW1 and so forth an alternate reality, since you're playing in a setting based off a real location and a real set of events along with some things like the zombies that were never real.

That's a bit of a stretch.

Then why have they never mentioned that before?

Ive personally always thought this took place in a alternate reality. But i never made a post because no evidence can really back that up...

Anyway, the real trick here is figuring out how the HELL this fits into the story. Sure, we dont know houch abouttheir past, but the o4 surely werent always like this. They seem...controlled. Meaning that they are not who they really are....

My point is: nice catch naitrax. Small details like this are what we can use as solid proof.

Anyway, the real trick here is figuring out how the HELL this fits into the story.

Speculation: This is the only timeline in which the end is different (and possibly the earliest). There could be intervention by the Moon O4, future Maxis, future Richtofen, Samantha, etc. The main questions seem to be if Samantha is completely omniscient, and, if so, which timeline she exists to narrate. Is she saying this is the beginning and the end of this reality, or is it that of the entire zombies storyline?

... The whole zombies storyline is an alternate reality :P Both to the actual Black Ops/ WaW stories and real life in general.

Not saying you're wrong, just that you might over thinking a little bit, but then again maybe I'm under-thinking it :P

Obviously thats the case. I wasnt saying it wasnt. But if Treyarch made a point to mention it NOW, then I think this is alternate to that.

Mmmm, I don't think that is what is implied.

It is stating that it is a diesel-punk inspired age.

Steampunk/Dieselpunk genre is what it would be like if that type of technology is the only advancement of civilization. It may be what people would envisage the future technology to be. Obviously there were no 1000ft robots in WW1 (nor Zombies or Element 115) WW1 was the mechanical war. So many machines were used for the first time.

It think that is what "Alternate-Reality" is implying. What would be the advancement of a tank, if only diesel technology was advanced? A 1000ft Robot.

It's an "Alternate-reality" of World War 1 history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery,[1] especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's British Victorian era or American "Wild West", in a post-apocalyptic future during which steam power has regained mainstream use, or in a fantasy world that similarly employs steam power. Steampunk perhaps most recognizably features anachronistic technologies or retro-futuristic inventions as people in the 19th century might have envisioned them, and is likewise rooted in the era's perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, and art.

I don't know much about it, but that's my interpretation.

I would be impressed, but the fact that World War I has zombies and robots makes it obvious that this is an alternate reality from our World War I. You assume that this means that this map is an alternate reality from other maps. I interpret it as saying that the entire storyline is an alternate reality from our world with what really happened. In fact, if you plot out all the different dimensions that video games give each other, with some characters going into different dimensions, you can clearly see that the zombies universe, as well as the Mario universe, Halo universe, and pretty much ANY video game, is a separate entity from the "Real World".

http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads ... 726d97.png

Just an illustration of what I said

Yeah I think this could be read many ways. It could even mean alternate reality due to time travel, but the map could resolve this by erasing itself somehow (time loop, nuke, aether explosion, vril teleportation, etc) at the end, in the current zombies timeline, removing all traces of its existence. I don't think 'alternate reality' is proof of much until we play the map.

"My name is Samantha. I'm going to tell you how all this... REALLY began."

You know, as in, how this whole storyline actually started? As in, the ACTUAL beginning to the story rather than the theories that have been tossed around in the past?

If this map WERE an alternate reality, what could Samantha mean by 'all this'??? I think that it's pretty clear that this is the beginning of the story that we've all come to know...

To quote Samantha from the intro: "My name's Samantha. I'm going to tell you how all this really began."

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is an alternate reality, why even bother saying this is how it "REALLY BEGAN"?

Keep in mind that they're saying alternate reality because back then there wasn't such a thing as Dieselpunk.

This we assumed der reise was the origional outbreak... It's likely the O4 thought this too, as they wouldn't remember the events before their injections...

Well technically Verruckt was the first official outbreak (or Nacht, still wondering which comes first) because the CotD radios indicate Group 935 was still in function after the outbreak. But yeah, I see your point- because the O4 were brainwashed then they lost all memory of previous interactions with the zombies.

"Richtofen; I don't like him. I think I've seen him before Shi No Numa, but... I can't quite remember. In fact, I can't really remember much at all from before..." -Dempsey in Ascension.

Yellow and purple are opposite colors. The purple eyes could just be implying that this is an alternate universe. Just a thought. If sam's eyes are yellow in our universe, giving us a glimpse of purple eyes might just be hinting at another universe altogether.

I know it conflicts with it being a prequel to the main story, but work with me here. I don't know everything.

Then why have they never mentioned that before?

here's the problem with that. What's the point of creating a map totally based on it being "the very beginning of the zombies story" calling it origins, and then saying its an alternate reality and has nothing to do with the events in black ops and waw.?

You may be right, but damnit this whole "alternate reality time travel" bullshit is really effing up the story in my opinion...

I would be impressed, but the fact that World War I has zombies and robots makes it obvious that this is an alternate reality from our World War I. You assume that this means that this map is an alternate reality from other maps. I interpret it as saying that the entire storyline is an alternate reality from our world with what really happened. In fact, if you plot out all the different dimensions that video games give each other, with some characters going into different dimensions, you can clearly see that the zombies universe, as well as the Mario universe, Halo universe, and pretty much ANY video game, is a separate entity from the "Real World".

I agree with this.

Also.. am I the only one who said "oh shit" out loud when I opened that illustration LOL

I agree with this.

Also.. am I the only one who said "oh shit" out loud when I opened that illustration LOL

mine was alil more along the lines of "Holy fu*king sh*t" :lol: