Personalities

JMDogg

When Origins releases, what are YOU expecting our 4 characters' personalities to be?

I'm expecting them to be different, Nikolai especially. As we haven't heard a single mention of vodka in his notes, and he's much skinnier in the opening cinematic, I'd say that this is before he started drinking. I think we may get a character that is.. almost normal in the sense that the alcohol hasn't completely killed his brain cells. I feel as though he may be somewhat intelligent.

I feel as though Richtofen will be quite mad, but not nearly as mad as we know him to be. We could see his split personalities come into play, and possibly see him doing something and then realizing what he's done and regretting it, such as we saw in the cinematic.

So what are your guys' thoughts? I'd love to hear them!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how all their stereotypical personalities are a product of Richtofen's experiments, and the MPD is responsible for Richotfen's schizophrenia/insanity, I'd have to say they will not be the characters we know today.

For one thing Dempsey sounds more sophisticated than the jaded marine we know in WaW and BOI, albeit still tough-spirited and foulmouthed ("all around asskicking" mentioned in his letter :lol: ). Nikolai will obviously not be drunk anymore, however he will hopefully be just as funny. I agree that Richtofen will still have that losing-his-mind persona, however since this is before he yearned to acquire power he probably won't have that "world-domination-complete-master-plan" personality we saw particularly emphasized in Shangri-La and Moon (obviously).

Only Takeo seems to be the same- still obsessed with honor and the Emperor. :D

Dempsey - Mostly the same. He might be a bit more tactical and intelligent, but will overall be the same ass-kicker we know and love.

Nikolai - Drastically different. This is before he was tested on, so his drinking problems are most likely non-existent. He'll probably be more smart and tactical, but retain his humour.

Takeo - Probably the same. Might not have an obsession with honour, but will most likely still care deeply for it.

Richtofen - This one is tricky. He'll probably be insane, but not as much as he is now. He might have more technical remarks in this map, as opposed to his common violent quotes.

I suspect that they'll all have a piece of their old personalities.

Dempsey will likely still have his same badassness quotes, but with likely be more sophisticated as said

Nikolai... well he'll still have plenty of russian references. Not much else to say except he'll still have his hilarious humor.

Takeo still seems to be about honor, but I wouldn't doubt if there was more to him then that here.

Richtofen I suspect will get crazier depending on the slaughter. I honestly think he could be completely normal until he's ripping people apart. Not 100% of course.

Richtofen is the most interesting one at this point. If we go back to the Der Reise and Moon radios, he has a much more normal voice, and isn't a high pitched maniac. I feel if they go back to the way he was before, he'd be a little more sinister but it'll be subtle. Something along the lines of a Hannibal Lector type character, which I would actually like.

I agree with everyone here, Richtofen will not be as insane and power hungry as we are used to him being, he will be more sane, calculated, probably more on the normal albeit eccentric and sinister side, can seem completely normal until he is slaughtering Zombies limb by limb, then he might get a bit sadistic, but overall he will be normal "for Richy that is :lol: "

I expect them to be totally the opposite of what we know. I really can't wait to see and hear Edward. I am going to assume that he will sound as we've heard in the Der Riese radios, in his normal tone. Nicolai may still enjoy a drink, but not constantly talking about it. Dempsey will be a little toned down and less hostile. Takeo, I think will be the badass of them all because he is in an honorable family lineage and will take that with him into the heart of battle. Edward looked scared in the cinematic trailer.

I agree with everyone here, Richtofen will not be as insane and power hungry as we are used to him being, he will be more sane, calculated, probably more on the normal albeit eccentric and sinister side, can seem completely normal until he is slaughtering Zombies limb by limb, then he might get a bit sadistic, but overall he will be normal "for Richy that is :lol: "

I want to make a thread seeing if people can guess what the old Richtofen will say and te rest of the characters :p