Fill Me In, I'm lost.

DeltaFlame

Generally I have a large understanding of the Zombies story but I for one, am completely bamboozled about this "Impossible Age" thing circulating. That Maxis and The O4 would be too old for the next maps. Maxis I sort of understand, but couldn't he have been near his end before he was Teleported by Ed in the first place? and that the 04 just hadn't aged well since? Someone really needs to help me here.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current data dictates that Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Samantha, and Maxis resided around the '40's. This map takes place 20-30 years before then. So either Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen were children, Maxis was a young man, and Samantha was unborn in this map; or Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen are 50+ years old in every other map, Maxis would be going on 100, and Samantha would be an adult in the '40's.

As you can see, BOTH options are impossible. That is the problem. There must be a hidden option C somewhere.

Current data dictates that Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Samantha, and Maxis resided around the '40's. This map takes place 20-30 years before then. So either Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen were children, Maxis was a young man, and Samantha was unborn in this map; or Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen are 50+ years old in every other map, Maxis would be going on 100, and Samantha would be an adult in the '40's.

As you can see, BOTH options are impossible. That is the problem. There must be a hidden option C somewhere.

Element 115 is the best anti-aging product out there ;)

Element 115 is the best anti-aging product out there ;)

115 has NOT been shown to have ANY connection to aging WHATSOEVER. If you're going to come to that conclusion, at LEAST have the foresight to wait until the map comes out.

just by their looks, I could see the O4 being in their 50's in der reise times. 50 y/o isn't a decrepit old person, they could still be very formidable soldiers in this sort of story. but Maxis and Samantha I can't really explain unless a) maxis with the discovery of 115 is able to use it to prolong his life or prevent aging, and/or B) samantha the little girl we know is named after a previous person or entity that had great influence on Maxis

those are just ways i can rationalize it in my head, but again at this point I have far more questions than answers

Samantha isn't that difficult to understand. She's not alive for this map. Did anyone pay attention to the cinematic? She's telling a story of what happened to us ( and possibly the O4 on the Moon ). She can be alive at any time period and be telling a story.

I could be wrong, but let's think about this: the only picture we have of Maxis is a black-and-white one. What if it were colored? What if Maxis' hair and beard is actually not white, but of a different bright color? Maybe he's not that old, maybe he just doesn't shave too often. Granted, he still looks older than Richtofen, but it could slide. If Richtofen were around 20-30 in Origins, I'd say Maxis'd be around 30-40. It would still make sense for him to have a child in the late 1930s.

As for Samantha, well that's a whole other story. But hey, according to Maxis himself, she is traveling to Agartha at the moment. Maybe this is one of those things she managed to uncover while heading there. Maybe now she would see just how much of an asshole her dad was :roll:

Or after all this time, we find out Samantha is a child of the devil who Maxis adopted. And she never ages :roll:

Element 115 re-animates dead cells. We age and die because our cells die. If our cells don't die or in this case come back to alive. We surely age in much slower rate.

I cut out parts in the quote because they served no purpose.

Yeah, if immortality to you is becoming a zombie, have a great future of "not aging" i.e. ZOMBIFICATION. I mean, really. Use some common sense.

Samantha isn't that difficult to understand. She's not alive for this map. Did anyone pay attention to the cinematic? She's telling a story of what happened to us ( and possibly the O4 on the Moon ). She can be alive at any time period and be telling a story.

Think "God of War". The Narrator in G.O.W turned out to be Gia in G.O.W 2

Element 115 re-animates dead cells. We age and die because our cells die. If our cells don't die or in this case come back to alive. We surely age in much slower rate.

I cut out parts in the quote because they served no purpose.

Yeah, if immortality to you is becoming a zombie, have a great future of "not aging" i.e. ZOMBIFICATION. I mean, really. Use some common sense.

Yes I'm sure they made choice to live long and become zombies -_-

Its a side effect for gods sake. They age in much slower rate because the Element 115. And when their bodies finally after who knows how many years starts to rot they will become zombies.

You honestly think that re-animation of dead cells don't affect them in any way? :roll:

Think "God of War". The Narrator in G.O.W turned out to be Gia in G.O.W 2

I know and that's what it is here. I love the GoW series ( ascension was meh ) but that narrator is there from the very beginning and fully came into the story much later in time just like Samantha is now. She's narrating the beginning but is from the future parts of the story.

Yes I'm sure they made choice to live long and become zombies -_-

No, they were reanimated against their will. Or for it. Who knows. They were DEAD.

Its a side effect for gods sake. They age in much slower rate because the Element 115. And when their bodies finally after who knows how many years starts to rot they will become zombies.

A side-effect that you pulled out of your butt has no bearing on evidence whatsoever.

You honestly think that re-animation of dead cells don't affect them in any way?

Oh, it does. Paranoia, short-term memory loss, psychosis, and delusions. Those are the exact side-effects taken from actual evidence.

Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo look about 20 in Origins. Richtofen looks around 40. It takes place in 1918, things kick off in the story somewhere after 1945. That would make Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo around 46 and Richtofen around 66. I'd say that matches up. Also people can look older than each other at the same age, Maxis in the picture could be the same age as Richtofen for all we know. And it's not unheard of for a guy to have a daughter around his 50s, especially back then.

Think of it this way.

115 reanimated dead cells. That's obvious. However our cells die naturally every day. Since our O4 are almost constantly exposed to 115, some of their naturally dead cells could become zombified.

HOWEVER

After about 20 years, all of our cells have died and been replaced. So in a sense we would have none of the cells in our bodies that we did 20 years ago, because one by one, they all died. Now if all of our cells died we would become a zombie. That being said, it would be impossible to survive 20+ years of exposure to 115. So they couldn't have possibly lived from 1918 to the 1940s without some kind of jump.

I honestly think time travel is the only explanation.

• Administrators

Think of it this way.

115 reanimated dead cells. That's obvious. However our cells die naturally every day. Since our O4 are almost constantly exposed to 115, some of their naturally dead cells could become zombified.

HOWEVER

After about 20 years, all of our cells have died and been replaced. So in a sense we would have none of the cells in our bodies that we did 20 years ago, because one by one, they all died. Now if all of our cells died we would become a zombie. That being said, it would be impossible to survive 20+ years of exposure to 115. So they couldn't have possibly lived from 1918 to the 1940s without some kind of jump.

Good point, but bear in mind that cell reanimation is different than replacing dead cells. In the Zombies universe, you don't see someone live and suddenly turn. The minimum amount of time required to be reanimated is as close as a few seconds after death.

Back to biological aspects, the cells don't have a mind of their own. When a dead person...well, dies, they have lost all functions of living. This means they can't think, they can't process emotions, nada. Reanimating the dead cells via 115 means the cells that are within the corpse are brought back. Your brain would switch on once more, yet you can't exactly think. It brings zombies more to their animal points of origins - surviving and hunting. This holds true if there is nobody in control of them, though.

A living person can still process critical thoughts and maintain voluntary control over their body's functions. We all have some dead cells in our body. If they are reanimated, does this mean we can live longer? Absolutely not. Like you said, we lose cells over a span of time. It's a process that continue on until the day we die. There is no significant contribution to human longevity, but there are some serious side-effects as MMX has stated. Rapid aging or the slowing of age does not occur whatsoever.

I would think that they are just relatively young in 1918, but older than we think they are by the time the 40's comes around. It's hard to believe that they could love for such a large amount of time and still be alive, but that's all we're given at this point to consider. That's not the say ideas are not welcome, though.

Meh...Time travel didn't have to ocurr.

It would make things much easier to digest, but it's not necessary.

I can see the O4 all being in their 20's or a bit younger for Origins. This puts them into their late 40's or 50's during WaW. Time travel is already referenced in the loading screens for NDU BO:1 and KDT BO:1. Notice the teleporters and the "moving" years.

So, they could have time-travelled forward and remained closer to their 20's or at least not into their 50's, as that starts to become a bit incredulous.

Of course, they didn't necessarily have to time-travel. They could have just gone into a cryogenic sleep and suspended aging.

As for Samantha, could she not have been born following Origins chronologically? I think so, she may have been born in the 30's or 40's...Her narration does not mean she was at Origins, just that she knows the story. She probably acquired some form of omniscience in the Aether.

As for the 115 and aging...I know that cells are not the only thing keeping us alive. Cells communicate with each other and when you die, there is a death signal your cells begin to communicate to all other cells. It's possible to die without having sustained fatal injuries because of this death signal. If 115 can reanimate dead cells and dead bodies, what can it do to living cells? Cells that haven't broadcast that death signal?

Well we have evidence to support that it causes mental stress, insanity, etc.. We can assume that it causes longevity and slow the aging process as well, but we have no direct evidence to support that.

Regardless, the time frames work out with or without time-travel.

[spoiler=]Think of it this way.

HOWEVER

Good point, but bear in mind that cell reanimation is different than replacing dead cells. In the Zombies universe, you don't see someone live and suddenly turn. The minimum amount of time required to be reanimated is as close as a few seconds after death.

Back to biological aspects, the cells don't have a mind of their own. When a dead person...well, dies, they have lost all functions of living. This means they can't think, they can't process emotions, nada. Reanimating the dead cells via 115 means the cells that are within the corpse are brought back. Your brain would switch on once more, yet you can't exactly think. It brings zombies more to their animal points of origins - surviving and hunting. This holds true if there is nobody in control of them, though.

A living person can still process critical thoughts and maintain voluntary control over their body's functions. We all have some dead cells in our body. If they are reanimated, does this mean we can live longer? Absolutely not. Like you said, we lose cells over a span of time. It's a process that continue on until the day we die. There is no significant contribution to human longevity, but there are some serious side-effects as MMX has stated. Rapid aging or the slowing of age does not occur whatsoever.

I would think that they are just relatively young in 1918, but older than we think they are by the time the 40's comes around. It's hard to believe that they could love for such a large amount of time and still be alive, but that's all we're given at this point to consider. That's not the say ideas are not welcome, though.

Between 50 and 70 billion cells die each day due to apoptosis in the average human adult. If those cells are re-animated instead of going trough efferocytosis it would mean our cell count would grow exponentially. Also we still don't know for sure why different mammals have such a huge variety in life span after all we are made of the same cells.

Now what if in alive person exposed to Element 115 instead of creating other cell when a cell dies it becomes just alive. Would that make a person zombie because he hasn't actually died and he still has a soul? It wouldn't just make you disappear and become more and more zombie in stages as more of your cells die and then become back alive. Instead it will make those cells immortal.

The effect on dead in the other hand makes their even rotten bodies activate with out ration inside. Making them zombies.

I'm with Matuzz.

I'm staying open to the possibility that 115 does indeed slow the aging process in humans. I understand the whole scientific reasoning for why it can't prolong life (great post btw Infest, very informative), but I also think the Devs may not have applied such realistic scientific reasoning to their fictional story.

We know how 115 affects the dead, causing reanimation (zombies). We also know how Element 115 affects the living. It causes short term memory loss, paranoia, etc like George Barkley stated in the Die Rise transmission, so would it really be that unreasonable to think that it also causes slower aging in the living as well. Personally, I see it as a total possibility.

It's great to have a scientific explanation for why it's not possible, but I don't think even Treyarch would have put that much research into it.

Honestly, I don't see many other options available right now. Time travel doesn't make sense, their ages would be the same if we time traveled from the 1940's or vice versa. It's possible that the o4 were a lot older than we thought in w@w and BO, but that brings up the problem of Maxis. Clearly Maxis looks at least 60 in that intro, which would make him around 90 at the start of the w@w and BO story. Seems a bit too old for someone to still be experimenting like he did.

So to bring this back on topic and answer the OP's question : we have no clue what's going on at the moment.

I thought time travel has been a commonly accepted theory since Kino?

As did I.?or maybe they died and were resurected at SNN/Der Riese(Im No expert)?

You can't just call "time travel!" =_=

Dude, you need to chill, and I'm basing that on this and your other posts I've seen.

Time Travel CAN be a reason, but it's just the easiest to think of.