Why did Richtofen seem so puzzled?

Noob451

In the trailer, when we see Richtofen he seems almost confused as to whats going on. He looks at his hands as if he's done something and isn't sure why.

Anybody have any ideas why he might be behaving this way? I figured this is too far in the past for him to be going mad, because that doesn't happen until he is telported to the moon.

Ideas?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I covered this in a thread that I posted a few minutes ago. Here it is if you want the full read (it's a long one): viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35182

However, my shortened, guick response is that I believe that that isn't young Richtofen. It's actually older Richtofen who got placed into younger Richtofen's body. Although, I think I may have come up with something much more sensible but still around those lines. I need to go compile some information.

I covered this in a thread that I posted a few minutes ago. Here it is if you want the full read (it's a long one): viewtopic.php?f=155&t=35182

However, my shortened, guick response is that I believe that that isn't young Richtofen. It's actually older Richtofen who got placed into younger Richtofen's body. Although, I think I may have come up with something much more sensible but still around those lines. I need to go compile some information.

I actually really like that theory, Future Richtofen going into his past self (somehow) maybe to change something?

I actually really like that theory, Future Richtofen going into his past self (somehow) maybe to change something?

The concept that I'm working out right now is that it is actually that either Richtofen sent himself back, or Maxis sent him back so that way they can guide younger Richtofen in what to do? The voices in Richtofen's head? It's been Richtofen. It's always been Richtofen. But it's been a Richtofen that knows what he's doing. Essentially, Richtofen/Maxis sent him back in time, into younger Richtofen's body so that way NONE of the story ever happens. Maxis keeps his daughter, Richtofen has his body, and the zombie infestation is done. Over.

The only reason I'm considering this as even remotely possible is that Treyarch is very heavily hinting that this isn't just the beginning, but it's also the end.

I have a feeling Richtofen is like Franken Stein from Soul Eater at this stage of his life.

Both have madness that awakens within them when around blood and such. They're both curious scientists who love to dissect things, I guess. The only difference is Stein knows how to keep that madness in check for the most part. Richtofen clearly feels bad for experimenting, or doesn't even realize what he did or why.

Or I could be horribly wrong and he has as much bloodlust as ever.

If that was the Case, he would be Smiling. Also he looked around while the other three looked out that hole. This was right about when the Light shined down on them. I don't know but he looked as though he actually had NO IDEA where he was.

I covered this in a thread that I posted a few minutes ago. Here it is if you want the full read (it's a long one): http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 55&t=35182

The concept that I'm working out right now is that it is actually that either Richtofen sent himself back, or Maxis sent him back so that way they can guide younger Richtofen in what to do? The voices in Richtofen's head? It's been Richtofen. It's always been Richtofen. But it's been a Richtofen that knows what he's doing. Essentially, Richtofen/Maxis sent him back in time, into younger Richtofen's body so that way NONE of the story ever happens. Maxis keeps his daughter, Richtofen has his body, and the zombie infestation is done. Over.

The only reason I'm considering this as even remotely possible is that Treyarch is very heavily hinting that this isn't just the beginning, but it's also the end.

very interesting

does anyone remember treyarch saying to be carefull with the choices we make around mob of the dead? do we know if more people broke the cycle or continued?

givin that on the gg its 3 vs 1 at the end, chances are the cycle continued,..

and maybe this is the beginning and the end,

maxis or whatever/whoever sends richtofen back to prevent these things from happening, but maybe its a cycle a loop, richtofen has no idea what has happened, kinda like he just wakes up from a long slumber, and so he continues on none the wiser, doing everything as before until he teleports to the moon touches the mpd, then BAM, it all starts coming back to him, story goes on, somehow he is sent back,

or maybe time itself is setback,( dunno, this is the only part that troubles me)and voila,

cycle continues,..

:idea:

if our choice mattered in buried,.. do you think more people would have completed richtofen, bear with me on this one, if richtofen wins the day, maxis loses, so maybe maxis is the central character that the cycle revolves around, he fails at moon and has a backup plan, if he fails the towers, i think he'd most likely have a backup plan for this aswell, so he fails the towers and richtofen wins and deletes maxis....(again ;) ) maxis failsafe/contingency plan falls into place, somehow reset the clock and start again, so kill maxis to break the cycle? or let him win?

maxis backupplan might have failed to take into account not remembering anything hence the cycle,

im gon stop here my mind just started doing backflips, :lol:

keep it coming :D

edit: you got me thinking so hard i forgot to comment on what you said about the voices always being richtofen, kinda makes sense and resulted in my mind doing backflips above, hmmm,.. is their 1 voice? or is it voices?

more than 1 voice cant be him surely, but,.. if there were a cycle, is it possible for slightly different events to occur like in Shangri-la? if so, could there be multiple richtofen voices or.. echoes of previous mpd occupants(i like this wording better) coz this is like the 100th time the cycle has continued?

Might just be he loses himself when he sees blood, being a sociopath. He didn't really react when Tank, Nikolai and Takeo came in, or when they pointed their guns at him. Perhaps he gets off (not literally :lol: ), or gets on a high when he sees blood (he likes to bathe in zombie blood).

But yeah, I think it's him possibly coming off his high.

edit: you got me thinking so hard i forgot to comment on what you said about the voices always being richtofen, kinda makes sense and resulted in my mind doing backflips above, hmmm,.. is their 1 voice? or is it voices?

more than 1 voice cant be him surely, but,.. if there were a cycle, is it possible for slightly different events to occur like in Shangri-la? if so, could there be multiple richtofen voices or.. echoes of previous mpd occupants(i like this wording better) coz this is like the 100th time the cycle has continued?

It's 2 voices. When Richtofen gets dual pistols on one map, he'll say, "One for each voice in my head!"

So, a voice for Maxis and a voice for future!Richtofen, maybe?

Definitely something up with this. The first thought that I had when I seen this, was that he was scared. It could be that he was being manipulated by unknown forces in this time frame. He is constantly talking about the illuminati and things. I've always thought that he was experimented on from the getgo. It looked like he was performing a lobotomy.

This was long before he became insane. He was more or less innocent back then.

I don't think Richtofen's ever been innocent.

Beware The Doc. This message was scrawled across walls of every town under Axis control. Starvation may cripple you, dysentery may wreck you, and gunfire may rip the flesh from your bones, but Beware The Doc.

Meet Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as The Butcher to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. Throughout his career, Richtofen has always been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Before the war he was a back alley plastic surgeon, who created an army of monstrous affluent Weimar socialites that would follow him around and laugh at every joke the genius doctor made. This all fell apart when the republic fell and the Nazi party took control. To Richtofen, their values were too moral, too liberal for his liking. He joined the army so he could satisfy his need to watch people die, slowly.

An incurable sociopath, he sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder. The victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

He has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death.

- their values were too moral, too liberal for his liking. He joined the army so he could satisfy his need to watch people die, slowly.

The Nazi Party's values were too moral for his liking. Ha

In the trailer, it's like that is the exact moment when he becomes possessed with death & murder, or the 115 has just infected him & he just wakes up out of his hypnosis?

It reminded me of Dr Maxis' Der Reise server entry - "I'm losing my mind - Daily exposure to 115 is not without it's consequences"

***SERVANT ENTRY B04130***

*Ludwig Maxis

*Personal file.

*I am losing

*My mind.

*The bear is

*Watching me.

*It lives

*But I can't prove it.

*Daily exposure to 115

*Is not without its

*Consequences.

*I do not trust Edward.

It's 2 voices. When Richtofen gets dual pistols on one map, he'll say, "One for each voice in my head!"

So, a voice for Maxis and a voice for future!Richtofen, maybe?

could the second voice be sam's maybe? im thinking not.

Samuel can hear voices, we know richtofen is 1, richtofen is in the mpd, not sure if there even is a 2nd voice for Samuel,

richtofen can also hear voices, sam is in the mpd?

as for maxis, well, its plausible, I mean, how does maxis get from computer to the aether, maybe he's always been in the aether, if he got shot next to the mpd, it would capture his soul, right?

so richtofen is in control, but maxis will is strong, he cant just be deleted, and so finds a way to communicate through machines, etc.

so maybe the 2nd voice is maxis, trying to get through?

Is it just me or did they recognize Richtofin?

Like you have all three of them pointing guns at each other just waiting for the other to make a move and then the second Tank notices Rictofin, doesn't even pause to take in what or even look at what he's doing and just abandons all caution and starts walking all business-like towards the only one of them in the room not actually pointing a firearm at him.

Also note that Takeo seems to tighten his grip on his pistol as soon as he's close enough to actually see the features of his adversaries. He was already pointing the gun at them and knew that they weren't zombies but as soon as he see's its Tank and Nikolai its like shit just got real and he needs both his hands.

Also note that Takeo seems to tighten his grip on his pistol as soon as he's close enough to actually see the features of his adversaries. He was already pointing the gun at them and knew that they weren't zombies but as soon as he see's its Tank and Nikolai its like shit just got real and he needs both his hands.

Never noticed this the first 20 times watching the trailer :D:mrgreen::D .

You just gave me an excuse to watch it for the 21st time and your right, they definitely know who each other are, its all over their body language.

My guess is Richtofen got bored with his army and decide he wants a new toy so in order to do so he has to get rid of his old toy. only joking I highly doubt this will happen.

Looks to me to be him in both a state of surrender and a state of "What have I done?"

If you notice, he also seems to notice everything before it happens too... As if he's been there before...

He looks up to the robot before the light flashes. He seems unshaken to have three of the DEADLIEST killers on the planet pointing pistols and a shotgun at him....