My Analysis/Review of the Origins Cinematic

Speedylecor

Welcome to my analysis of the Origins Cinematic intro that was posted on August 20, 2013. This review goes over some of the information, both hidden and obvious, that was given to us in the cinematic. I've watched the intro numerous times in order to make sure that I have covered everything. If I have missed anything that pertains to Origins, be sure to reply to this post, the comment's section of the video, or message me. So, let's get started!

Enjoy. I will be uploading videos of Origins on the day of release.

*I watched NGTZombies analysis post upload, and he mentioned something about Roman soldiers that have been infected with Element 115. I'm inferring that the beginning of the intro took place somewhat after the collapse of the Ancient Roman empire, in the 1400s. This is why, in the beginning of the intro, the zombies' eyes are some shade of blue, rather that orange.

Why do you guys think the zombies' eyes are blue and orange. Does it have to do with the time period, the controller of the zombies, or something else?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You have some textual support to help explain this video, man? On CoDz, we generally like to accompany any videos with some explanation or context, so it doesn't seem like a video just plopped in there. It just looks like advertising, which is against our Code of Conduct.

If you wouldn't mind explain what your ideas and use your video to support that, then that would be a much more complete and informative thread, rather than just asking people to click your youtube video.

Okay so here is my breakdown...of your breakdown :3

Mentioning Sam's voice why do you say that you remember from Kino? Her voice changed alot from Kino to Moon, if anything Moon would be the best to go off of. And listening to some quotes of Sam from Moon obviously yes has changed, has gotten deeper and more "scratchy" if you will. I'd like to point out back in TranZit Richtofen speaks of his voice being the same way as going into the Aether obviously your voice can change tones. I believe Samantha is telling the story of how the REAL "First" outbreak occurred, who to? We are not sure, me I believe it is the Fab 4 of the current time. Sam explaining everything that happened from the first real meeting of the Fab 4 and is trying to get their memories back.(As from Sam's time in the Aether she had the ability to go back in time and maybe was able to go back to the very beginning in her down time between maps)

When you begin mentioning the markings these are the same seen from the Apocalypse Preview trailer and the Origins logo(before we knew it was a logo, and is found all around the map, I believe there is a thread on what these markings are or could be should check it out with the search bar.

At 2:32 with the pod I don't think that they were tested in the pod, as for a normal human height it would not fit as it is too small(from that view atleast) while it is a good theory I don't think that was the direct way of testing. Plus the very left bar on the glass there is a wall weapon :3

2:51 while the area looks like Shi No Numa that isn't the same meteor. As the meteor from SNN is red just like every other appearance of Element 115(Kino, CoTD, etc)Unless they wanted to re-texture it not from SNN. (Plus if it was, what would it be doing in SNN still in the 1940's?)

3:32(+ when you stop to show shooting) It isn't the AK-47 it is the STG-44)

6:54 Zombies only move and run this way for the cinematic highly unlikely they will completely change the zombie movement animations but then again they added simple things like barrel rolls and falling over on Ascension so its possible.

7:00 it's confirmed we get to ride the tank, no offense but have you watched any of the other Apocalypse or Orgins stuff? Half of the things you say "we might be able to do" is confirmed that we can, like I said not trying to sound like a douche as I understand not everyone has seen the other trailers but i'd suggest going back and watching them. And the gun Tank is holding is a new "Diesel-Punk" styled Machine Gun!

8:09 Most likely pulling a CoTD on us and not letting us use anything but a knife like Tank has :/

Okay so here is my breakdown...of your breakdown :3

Mentioning Sam's voice why do you say that you remember from Kino? Her voice changed alot from Kino to Moon, if anything Moon would be the best to go off of. And listening to some quotes of Sam from Moon obviously yes has changed, has gotten deeper and more "scratchy" if you will. I'd like to point out back in TranZit Richtofen speaks of his voice being the same way as going into the Aether obviously your voice can change tones. I believe Samantha is telling the story of how the REAL "First" outbreak occurred, who to? We are not sure, me I believe it is the Fab 4 of the current time. Sam explaining everything that happened from the first real meeting of the Fab 4 and is trying to get their memories back.(As from Sam's time in the Aether she had the ability to go back in time and maybe was able to go back to the very beginning in her down time between maps)

When you begin mentioning the markings these are the same seen from the Apocalypse Preview trailer and the Origins logo(before we knew it was a logo, and is found all around the map, I believe there is a thread on what these markings are or could be should check it out with the search bar.

At 2:32 with the pod I don't think that they were tested in the pod, as for a normal human height it would not fit as it is too small(from that view atleast) while it is a good theory I don't think that was the direct way of testing. Plus the very left bar on the glass there is a wall weapon :3

2:51 while the area looks like Shi No Numa that isn't the same meteor. As the meteor from SNN is red just like every other appearance of Element 115(Kino, CoTD, etc)Unless they wanted to re-texture it not from SNN. (Plus if it was, what would it be doing in SNN still in the 1940's?)

3:32(+ when you stop to show shooting) It isn't the AK-47 it is the STG-44)

6:54 Zombies only move and run this way for the cinematic highly unlikely they will completely change the zombie movement animations but then again they added simple things like barrel rolls and falling over on Ascension so its possible.

7:00 it's confirmed we get to ride the tank, no offense but have you watched any of the other Apocalypse or Orgins stuff? Half of the things you say "we might be able to do" is confirmed that we can, like I said not trying to sound like a douche as I understand not everyone has seen the other trailers but i'd suggest going back and watching them. And the gun Tank is holding is a new "Diesel-Punk" styled Machine Gun!

8:09 Most likely pulling a CoTD on us and not letting us use anything but a knife like Tank has :/

Topic: Samantha's voice

Even though I only mentioned Sam's voice from Kino it's obvious that her voice has changed. It's much deeper. I almost doesn't sound human. I just wanted to compare her MPD voice to her narrator voice. I chose Kino because it was the first COD Zombies map that I have ever played and it was the first thing that came to mind while I was commentating :)

Topic: Machine/Pod

It is very probable that this pod is human height, though it may not look like it from the intro. If it weren't human height, what would it be used for?

In addition to my theory of Element 115 testing, I have another theory. I did some more thinking, and I believe that if this machine were not for zombie creation, or zombie curing, then it could be a prototype teleportation chamber.

I saw the wall weapon post upload :/ It was too late to change the video.

Topic: SNN Meteor

I believe that this is still the same meteor that was shown to un in Shi No Numa. I believe that the meteor shown to us in the intro is an earlier version of the meteor. If you notice, the color of the meteor during the time of the events of SNN. The meteor had an orange glow, where as the meteor during the beginning of the cinematic intro had a blue/purple glow. I believe that something during the events of Origins caused the color of the meteor to turn from blue/purple to orange, as well as the zombies eyes from blue/purple to orange.

Topic: STG

Thank you for informing me. I tested this out and played some WAW Der Reise and BLOPS Der Reise and it sounded just like the STG. Ty :)

Topic: Zombie Movement

I too don't think that they will add the dolphin dive animation. I was just using that specific animation that was given as a way of explaining my want for faster and more aggressive zombies. I'm sorry if I made you guys think that I assumed that there were going to be dolphin diving zombies. The bit about the dolphin diving was to only serve a comedic purpose.

Topic: Tank

I already knew that we will be able to ride the tank, but we don't know the specifics of it. All we know is that we will be able to ride it, that we can shoot from it, and that it moves slowly. I say that "I'm assuming..." because the parts that "I'm assuming..." have not yet been confirmed, such as who controls the tank. Are its destinations pre-determined, or do we drive? I have seen the trailers. I just haven't gone in-depth on them, or remembered the name of the MG.