Is the seasons pass worth it?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want die rise, there's little point in getting it. If you add up the costs for the other 3, it's $45. It's $50 for the season pass.

If you don't have nuketown, then that might be worth the extra $5, however. MotD and buried are both pretty fun, and origins looks the best yet, so if you do want nuketown, go for it.

If you hated die rise because of the insta death glitches, then well they patched those :D If you hated it because of the elevator speed then well they now have a bank/vault to help speed the game up :)

But since the topic wasn't posted to change your mind about die rise but rather if the seasons pass is worthit, il get back to the topic.

The season pass offers you all of the zombie maps for bo2. So you would get nuketown as well. And motd is great so you would love that. Buried is ok. and is a fun experience. Origins looks badass from what I have seen. But lets looks at the prices.

Buried 15

Motd 15

origins 15

nuketown priceless :roll:

The season pass is $50 so if you consider nuketown to be worth the $5 and you don't want to deal with buying each one individually then the season pass is awesome. AND if you want to fully enjoy origins you need to have done the easter egg on Die Rise so you would need the map.

So my final answer is yes as long as you didn't buy any of the other maps before now.

Depends on the which/how many maps you really want to play. Speaking from experience of having bought them twice.

I would just get MoTD and Origins.

Die Rise feels like a filler map and isn't worth your time or money.

Buried's alright, not great not bad either. You run the risk of not playing it much or at all with MOTD/Origins coming out though.

Origins looks badass and NZ well, that's fun for one or two playthroughs.

So in general I would say no. With the majority of the maps being average or slighty above average at best, you're better off just buying the maps you like individually. Saves you 20-15 bucks.

Depends on the which/how many maps you really want to play. Speaking from experience of having bought them twice.

I would just get MoTD and Origins.

Die Rise feels like a filler map and isn't worth your time or money.

Buried's alright, not great not bad either. You run the risk of not playing it much or at all with MOTD/Origins coming out though.

Origins looks badass and NZ well, that's fun for one or two playthroughs.

So in general I would say no. With the majority of the maps being average or slighty above average at best, you're better off just buying the maps you like individually. Saves you 20-15 bucks.

IMO,die rise was awesome. :)

No its not. MotD and Buried have next to none replay value.

I would have to completely disagree with this statement. No replay value? The whole point in being able to push the button on buried has given All of the N4 maps replay value. That being said if you're not getting Die Rise then I wouldn't get Buried because you will need one to do the other for it's complete play-through.

MotD? It was fun, different. Not sure why it's some of the top favorites for people. Buried though seems to be a culmination of the map systems like finally them working buildables in that are astounding and functional (sorry tranzit). They included a fun "hacker" type NPC that can do a lot of amazing things and as well it's atleast a final tribute (even if its lacking) to the storyline and characters we have been working with for black ops 2.

No its not. MotD and Buried have next to none replay value.

I would have to completely disagree with this statement. No replay value? The whole point in being able to push the button on buried has given All of the N4 maps replay value. That being said if you're not getting Die Rise then I wouldn't get Buried because you will need one to do the other for it's complete play-through.

MotD? It was fun, different. Not sure why it's some of the top favorites for people. Buried though seems to be a culmination of the map systems like finally them working buildables in that are astounding and functional (sorry tranzit). They included a fun "hacker" type NPC that can do a lot of amazing things and as well it's atleast a final tribute (even if its lacking) to the storyline and characters we have been working with for black ops 2.

I don't count making the EE again and again replay value as that doesn't change the fact that the maps are boring as hell.

I was going to buy the seasons pass but is it really worth it? I have already played Die rise and I hated it, Motd looks good so I might get that individually if I don't buy the pass and Buried looks kinda good but not amazing. So i'm not really sure if I should get it or not.

here's the way i look at it from purely a zombies perspective. we only get one zombies game every 2 years (hopefully the pattern continues) so i need to be able to keep myself entertained over a full 2 year period. $50 is a small price to pay for what amounts to basically a separate game of zombies with 4 extra maps and in this year's case some extra modes as well.

i personally think it's well worth it, but of course each individual's financial situation is different, as well as the fact I play multiplayer as well so for a zombies only person it may be different.

i just wish they had a season pass back when WaW and Black ops 1 were going it would have saved me $20 or so

here's the way i look at it from purely a zombies perspective. we only get one zombies game every 2 years (hopefully the pattern continues) so i need to be able to keep myself entertained over a full 2 year period. $50 is a small price to pay for what amounts to basically a separate game of zombies with 4 extra maps and in this year's case some extra modes as well.

i personally think it's well worth it, but of course each individual's financial situation is different, as well as the fact I play multiplayer as well so for a zombies only person it may be different.

i just wish they had a season pass back when WaW and Black ops 1 were going it would have saved me $20 or so

Thinking about it now and I just don't think it's worth what i'm paying for it I mean that is a bit expensive considering what you get. If I was also getting it for multiplayer maps then I would buy but since i'm only paying for zombies it's just not worth money.

Thinking about it now and I just don't think it's worth what i'm paying for it I mean that is a bit expensive considering what you get. If I was also getting it for multiplayer maps then I would buy but since i'm only paying for zombies it's just not worth money.

It really depends on how much you play zombies. I guess if you don't want it, go origins and MotD.

I can definitely see that viewpoint of it as well.

also keep in mind at some point in the future they may offer a sale of sorts on the individual packs so once CoD ghosts is in full swing, atvi might cut a deal on some of the blops2 map packs who knows :)

Well put it this way:

MOTD was a great and original map: You won't get tired of that easily, so 15 purchase right there... 20 if you are just buying a 20 card from walgreens or gamestop.

Buried was a very nice map, and it would be quite a nice thing to purchase, however if you didn't like die rise, you're missing out on the full easter egg with the button.... SO, Given the pros and cons I would say you may just want to buy this map later on, or whenever you want it... So 15/20 there, We're up to 40 $

Origins looks like a 100% Must buy, robots, O4, Samantha and Templars. That's defiantly a 15/20 dollar value...

SO in short you're left with either a 60 dollar or 45 dollar purchase... If you chose the 45 dollar purchase you don't get nuketown, which you would need 5 more dollars to get, which is 50 dollars... So basically you would be getting die rise free by purchasing the seasons pass.... Who doesn't love a free dlc? Even if you hate it! Then you can have the full effect of buried as well...

I don't see why someone would only want certain map packs. I mean I understand the financial POV but still. Paying those extra few dollars to save you money in the long run isn't a bad idea. Plus, all the Zombies maps are great! There is nothing I regret about purchasing the Season Pass (not a single thing, even though I am a mainly Zombies person)

Just get it. You'll save yourself the trouble and also feel better for having the option to play any map you want without hopping off to a friend.