~The Germans unearthed the Well of the Worlds~ (Wormhole?)

Electric Jesus

Let's take a look at a frame from the origins trailer, moments before the zombies were unleashed. The miner is breaking through some kind of wall. It isn't just normal rocks though; it clearly has intentional markings carved into it.

It's pretty obvious that the zombies as well as the 115 were intentionally sealed away here. Where exactly is "here?"

~ The Well of the Worlds~

The story surrounding the idea of a "well of the worlds" is that it is literally a cylindrical shaft set deep into the ground (you know, like a well.) at the bottom, instead of being water and a bunch of quarters and stuff, is a portal to another dimension. In this dimension dwells a great evil, and through this well this evil entity can gain access to our world.

I'd like to mention a literary reference to the well of the worlds, which is in Stephen king's novel "Desperation." In this story, an old southern mining town's inhabitants are all brutally murdered, and a group of travelers stumble upon the deserted town. They soon find that the only inhabitant is a sadistic sheriff who imprisons them, killing off a few. Anyway later they discover that the sheriff is possessed by a demon of sorts, named Tak. Tak was dormant until the miners broke through to his resting place, the well of the worlds.

Tak is actually physically located through the well of the worlds, in another world altogether. However he can inhabit a human body (killing them in the process) in order to influence our world, by "reaching" through the well.

I see a lot of striking similarities between the idea of a well of the worlds and the events of the origins intro. We know that element 115 is not an element native to our planet, but could it in fact be native to another dimension altogether? By gaining entrance to this buried keep, have the Germans allowed 115 and the zombie menace to creep into our world?

If so, what world is it from originally? The fact that the well is set into the ground implies towards Agartha, naturally. Maybe the well is really just a wormhole to the future, and by opening it, futuristic weapons, yellow-eyed zombies, and much more has been dragged through to our heroes in 1918.

Edit: MMX brought up a point elsewhere about how the O4, Maxis, and Samantha truly lived during WWI era and time-traveled forward to WWII era. This explains the impossible age difference that has presented itself. For example Maxis's photo look about 40-50 in 1918. That means he would be 70-80 in Der Riese, which makes no sense.

This is significant because if they actually did time travel forward, and some kind of wormhole exists in Origins, that could have been their means of time-travel, assuming "the door swings both ways," to put it in Ghostbusters terms.

Obviously it isn't necessarily true, But there are so many possibilities surrounding this idea, and I want to hear what you have to say about this.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven King and Ghostbuster references, I love it! But this makes sense to me, because of the blue eyes the Templar zombies have that come from behind the seal that is broken and the yellow/orange eyed zombies above ground. Looks like the Germans may have broke on through to the other side.

I like theory very much. I personally think that the most likely scenario you presented was that the Well that the Germans broke open was an entrance to (or in the zombies' case, an exit from) Argatha, seeing as that's where the Vril-Ya ORIGINate (see what I did there?) and they seem to have been behind almost everything so far.

But as far as we know, any of these theories could be correct. And I'd honestly be ok with a time-space rift :D

Well if that's the case, the wormhole and time travel in these ruins, wouldn't Mob technically have some involvement in that? Like they somehow unearth this Wormhole thing and come in contact with whoever is controlling the zombies in Alcatraz? Because I know you all remember the "Not this time; 115" thing in it. So perhaps the Devil/alien entity isn't necessarily able to send zombies into the world, only the spiritual world, which means in turn, they want to punish those who have sinned by revealing 115 to humans to be able to finally have a physical connection to Earth itself? It's just a thought that your terrific theory has sparked.

Well if that's the case, the wormhole and time travel in these ruins, wouldn't Mob technically have some involvement in that? Like they somehow unearth this Wormhole thing and come in contact with whoever is controlling the zombies in Alcatraz? Because I know you all remember the "Not this time; 115" thing in it. So perhaps the Devil/alien entity isn't necessarily able to send zombies into the world, only the spiritual world, which means in turn, they want to punish those who have sinned by revealing 115 to humans to be able to finally have a physical connection to Earth itself? It's just a thought that your terrific theory has sparked.

Here's the thing about mob of the dead. I think I figured out why he says "not this time."

The answer? There are no zombies in MotD.

Think about it. Lucifer (the guy in charge in MotD) basically has the mobsters trapped in hell. He creates demonic projections in order to torture them. These projections are the apparent zombies on the map. However they aren't true zombies since they aren't made from 115, and technically they don't even exist. They are just projections. Like the ghost on Buried. You never actually kill her, jut her many projections. Notice how they are all the same person and don't actually hurt her when you kill them? That's because they aren't really her. It's like that.

So you're right that he can't send zombies into our world. There aren't any zombies or 115 in Hell. It's just lucifer blinding us from the truth.

Wherever the wormhole leads, I think it's on our main timeline. (Not an inter-universal wormhole.)

Here's the thing about mob of the dead. I think I figured out why he says "not this time."

The answer? There are no zombies in MotD.

Think about it. Lucifer (the guy in charge in MotD) basically has the mobsters trapped in hell. He creates demonic projections in order to torture them. These projections are the apparent zombies on the map. However they aren't true zombies since they aren't made from 115, and technically they don't even exist. They are just projections. Like the ghost on Buried. You never actually kill her, jut her many projections. Notice how they are all the same person and don't actually hurt her when you kill them? That's because they aren't really her. It's like that.

So you're right that he can't send zombies into our world. There aren't any zombies or 115 in Hell. It's just lucifer blinding us from the truth.

Wherever the wormhole leads, I think it's on our main timeline. (Not an inter-universal wormhole.)

I like this ;)

Nice theory Electric. If Agartha were indeed in another dimension (wouldn't that make it synonymous with Aether?) then it would explain the conflicting reports of there being Agartha at the center of the Earth opposed to a molten core.

wait,what?explain mate. :)

Agartha can't be in the center of the Earth. There's just molten rock in the center of the Earth. The traditional explanation is that Argatha is just deep within the crust. Electric proposes that Agartha is within another reality accessed by going deep within the Earth, which allows the molten core to still exist. I'm not saying it is right, but it's not the worst idea in the world. It's interesting, and it makes you think. Besides, Maxis raised the ante for Agartha. I wouldn't be surprised if this was heavily related to it.

Nice theory Electric. If Agartha were indeed in another dimension (wouldn't that make it synonymous with Aether?) then it would explain the conflicting reports of there being Agartha at the center of the Earth opposed to a molten core.

wait,what?explain mate. :)

Agartha can't be in the center of the Earth. There's just molten rock in the center of the Earth. The traditional explanation is that Argatha is just deep within the crust. Electric proposes that Agartha is within another reality accessed by going deep within the Earth, which allows the molten core to still exist. I'm not saying it is right, but it's not the worst idea in the world. It's interesting, and it makes you think. Besides, Maxis raised the ante for Agartha. I wouldn't be surprised if this was heavily related to it.

Ahh.I like it.I like it alot.;)

My thoughts EXACTLY.

I forgot to mention that in the OP (thanks btw) but the fact that the Well / wormhole / portal is physically underground might lead people to believe that the world on the other side is actually located underground.

In that sense, the aether might literally be Agartha.

Another thing is like to bring up regarding Agartha is that when we teleport / time travel, we enter a sort of swirling vortex for a few seconds. I think it might be brief contact with the aether.

Anyway, why would Brock and Gary be under the impression that the gateway to Agartha is in Shangri-La? Because it has such unstable time travel and teleportation mechanisms. While MTDs are scientific contraptions of unimaginable complexity, the astrological structures used for teleportation in Shangri-la rattle the fabric of time and space because they are much less... I don't know, accurate? Efficient? This gives the place more prolonged contact with the aether and by extension, Agartha.

It reminds me of my past thread about where the power-ups and perks from MotD are from. Lucifer "borrows" them from Shangri-la, because it is the least stable in terms of its "grip" on our timeline.

You can check it out here.

Obviously I could be looking into this WAAAAY too far, but why not? It's all good fun in anticipation of the map.

Lol. Well good to have fun I suppose. I myself don't particularly care for pre-map theories. People get too clingy and personal with them. However, your method of tackling this perplexing issue I find interesting.

I mean, there's just so many holes this trailer has given us. I can't tell you how many times today I had to answer "I don't know!" to why there are yellow eyes to those around me.