Origins Cinematic Intro! 8/20

o ZiploK

You didn't listen to what I said at all.

Let's use Samantha as an example. We know she was roughly 10 in 1945. We know she was "apparently" alive in 1918. So, a solution could be that she was alive in 1918, time-travelled a.k.a "fast-forwarded" to 1945 with the rest of the group, therefore she would still be roughly 10 in 1945.

And I'm pretty sure Maxis didn't give his speech to 935 at Der Riese in a wheelchair with Alzheimer's.

Samantha doesn't have to be there to tell a story, so terrible example.

Maxis IS a more difficult one to explain, but I'm sure there is an explanation out there. You write it off too quickly, MMX. Time travel would be completely stupid in this scenario. Besides, that also means that somehow the O4 age, and Maxis and Samantha do not.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[2]Richtofen looks confused as hell about what is going on, almost as if he, somehow magically, had his older self pop into his younger self. He looks really confused about the blood on his hands and where he's at, even though in reality, he shouldn't. He should look more scared that the other three are pointing guns at him.

That's exactly what I was thinking I mean if you watch it again he really does look like he has no idea what he is doing, where he is or what to do.. which is strange. I don't know why but something seems weird with this particular part.

Everyone is saying Samamtha sounds different because she is older, well explain to me why she has an American accent? Last time I checked, she was German, and had a German accent.

Treyarch probably have just used a different voice actor, but that is quite lazy.

also, as said before, these zombies are French knights, which have been sealed of underground. they are released by the German miners, and kill and infect everyone. They probably have purple/blue eyes because that is either the default colour, or that was the colour of the person that controlled them in the knight's era.

Really guys? Stay on-topic, and play nice. You don't have to agree with someone's opinion to respect it, or to respect that person for that matter. There's nothing I can say that can change how any of you feel, but I think you're all sensible people who are aware of the existence of a private message button. Even so, publicly or privately, I suggest neither of you exhibit hostility towards each other.

...and EJ of all people is the one left having to say this. Is this what we've come to? :mrgreen:

Anyway, what MMX said about the age of the characters is related to a topic I just posted about the possibility of a wormhole being discovered in the mines in origins.

I'm just thinking it's too soon to say time travel. That just makes things more complicated than they need to be. The only loose end is Maxis, tbh. The guy could pass for probably 40, but it's unlikely

If they did time travel, it's likely only a few years, because the O4 still look drastically different. Maximum they could have teleported is 39' due to the radios, and they all look more than 6 years older.

Oh, and MMX, sorry, if I offended I honestly didn't mean it, but you are a respectable member, you shouldn't act that way. Respect is gained from respecting others. I probably sound like a hypocrite to you, but that's all I'm gonna say.

I'ts going to be really interesting to see how we go from yellow eyes to purple/blue (or vice versa) in game whether it be location specific or a event that occurs in-game only time will tell.
location specific!! futuresight? lol jk ...I have a feeling that robot monstrosity is going to be excavator pi all over again.

I'm wondering about how the German soldiers doing the excavations were of the WWII variety. The uniforms, helmets in particular. And they had StG-44s, or MP-43s, or even MP-42s. All more or less the same thing. Did they go back in time to WWI to do this? Or was that first bit actually in WWII, and the rest was in WWI? Or was all of it WWII? Or is it just the easy way out, 'The Rift'?

If Sam exists in the aether, why does she have to be restricted by things like time or space?

That's it! You're a genius! No wonder she's narrating.

She TOOK them back in time as a defense against Richtofen's actions on Buried, or it was a product of Maxis freeing Samantha. It's a Common Ending.

Now, you're probably still not convinced.

But think about it.

As Taklok (I think that's it) said earlier, Richtofen is acting like he doesn't know why he's here. It's because he just lost control and got sent back to his freakin' body!

Maxis may or may not have been sent back.

And the O3...

My theory on it, is well: They Died on Moon. They were in the Wisp (That's why Richtofen said it would make us so, so sad) and now they're back, because time was sent back.

Related to the wisp, what if that's why some zombies have purple eyes, like the color of the wisp? The O3's dead souls still went back in time as well, and they entered certain zombies.

Samantha knew she had to go back to the first time the 04 met to end it all, that way all possible plans they could have made based on anything that occurred there never would've happened.

Holy crap, my imagination's getting real wild right now, but what if some things, like Richtofen's soul, went back in time, too? Like the planes? That way we'd know what really happened to Weasel. Imagine him rebuilding the plane, leaving the bridge, only to hit a portal or something, and find himself in France? Lol, the look on his face would be priceless...

It'd sure explain the bi-planes.

Now the robots, I have no idea. Only thing I can think up is Tedd (from TranZit) did steroids. And I know it's not the official name, but there's nothing else to call him, and I like Tedd (it's ironic, though, that I HATE Leroy). But lol, Fear Tedds, maybe he had like 100 children and they all took steroids...

Anyways, this is shaping up to be an interesting map. I can't wait till next week.

I'm wondering about how the German soldiers doing the excavations were of the WWII variety. The uniforms, helmets in particular. And they had StG-44s, or MP-43s, or even MP-42s. All more or less the same thing. Did they go back in time to WWI to do this? Or was that first bit actually in WWII, and the rest was in WWI? Or was all of it WWII? Or is it just the easy way out, 'The Rift'?

Well WWI Imperial German soldiers used pretty similar uniforms to WW2 Nazi Soldiers, might just be a coincidence, or it could be something, the Zombies were definatly of the WWI Imperial German variety (sans the Templar Knights),

and the fact they were all holding STG-44's freaked me out, but stoked me as well.

• Administrators

Everyone is saying Samamtha sounds different because she is older, well explain to me why she has an American accent? Last time I checked, she was German, and had a german accent

Assuming she was in fact older, she could have easily lost the accent over the years.

If Sam exists in the aether, why does she have to be restricted by things like time or space?

That's it! You're a genius! No wonder she's narrating.

She TOOK them back in time as a defense against Richtofen's actions on Buried, or it was a product of Maxis freeing Samantha. It's a Common Ending.

Now, you're probably still not convinced.

But think about it.

As Taklok (I think that's it) said earlier, Richtofen is acting like he doesn't know why he's here. It's because he just lost control and got sent back to his freakin' body!

Maxis may or may not have been sent back.

And the O3...

My theory on it, is well: They Died on Moon. They were in the Wisp (That's why Richtofen said it would make us so, so sad) and now they're back, because time was sent back.

Related to the wisp, what if that's why some zombies have purple eyes, like the color of the wisp? The O3's dead souls still went back in time as well, and they entered certain zombies.

Samantha knew she had to go back to the first time the 04 met to end it all, that way all possible plans they could have made based on anything that occurred there never would've happened.

Holy crap, my imagination's getting real wild right now, but what if some things, like Richtofen's soul, went back in time, too? Like the planes? That way we'd know what really happened to Weasel. Imagine him rebuilding the plane, leaving the bridge, only to hit a portal or something, and find himself in France? Lol, the look on his face would be priceless...

It'd sure explain the bi-planes.

Now the robots, I have no idea. Only thing I can think up is Tedd (from TranZit) did steroids. And I know it's not the official name, but there's nothing else to call him, and I like Tedd (it's ironic, though, that I HATE Leroy). But lol, Fear Tedds, maybe he had like 100 children and they all took steroids...

Anyways, this is shaping up to be an interesting map. I can't wait till next week.

Ooh, someone saw what I posted. Good. I like you Mr. Monkey Speedo. Anyway, regarding robots,I think I have a theory regarding this, but it really deserves it's own thread.

While in the aether you are restricted by time.

Sam treated her power like a game. However after the O4 time traveled from the 40s to the 60s in Der Riese / Kino, she couldn't play with them for 20+ years. That's why she imprisoned Dr. Gersch; she was lonely in the aether for 20 years.

While in the aether you are restricted by time.

Sam treated her power like a game. However after the O4 time traveled from the 40s to the 60s in Der Riese / Kino, she couldn't play with them for 20+ years. That's why she imprisoned Dr. Gersch; she was lonely in the aether for 20 years.

Correct.

They are restricted by time and space, but not as much as we. They can play with it, but they ultimately must follow it.

Otherwise, Samantha, Lucifer, Richtofen, and Maxis would all control zombies at the same time (from our perspective).