Origins Cinematic Intro! 8/20

o ZiploK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, Takeo's wall running and Katana skills are sick! And we finally get to see what Maxis looks like, nothing at all what I envisioned..

My name is Samantha. I'm going to tell you how this really began.

Samantha in 1918? Is she gonna be telling the story or something, like the tapes in MoTD? Either way that sent chills down my spine..

Anyone else get some serious goosebumps just now?

So first-off it looks as though Samantha was in control this whole time, and perhaps during the Easter Egg we will learn of how she has gained control. This will require some explaining seeing as how she shouldn't have even been born yet.

This also reveals some very interesting information on Element 115. It's obvious that's what they were unearthing in the first place, seeing as how they quite literally excavated zombies. I have a feeling that 115 may have some connections with Vril and Agartha, seeing as how it had been buried for centuries.

On a side-note, we also have a look at the face of Maxis, a very important (and my favorite) character, and we know that group 935 did exist at least in Sept 1917 (the Letter speaks of a group excavating a site, which is now confirmed to be Group 935).

Based on how the zombies appeared in great number so suddenly, and how the source was the weird mine, I think hundreds of years ago, 115 and an ass-load of zombies were sealed away, and both "escaped" when they mined down. The 115 went on to infect the war victims and the century-old zombies joined their undead ranks.

Some smaller observations:

Is Dempsey using a Remington new model army?

We see Maxis's face for the first time at the beginning.

Now that there is suspected Samantha involvement, I think purple is the default color. The previously seen yellow eyes have only been on zombies in the machines, or the giant robot itself. That's pretty suspicious. ;)

Based on how the zombies appeared in great number so suddenly, and how the source was the weird mine, I think hundreds of years ago, 115 and an ass-load of zombies were sealed away, and both "escaped" when they mined down. The 115 went on to infect the war victims and the century-old zombies joined their undead ranks.

Some smaller observations:

Is Dempsey using a Remington new model army?

We see Maxis's face for the first time at the beginning.

Now that there is suspected Samantha involvement, I think purple is the default color. The previously seen yellow eyes have only been on zombies in the machines, or the giant robot itself. That's pretty suspicious. ;)

I meant to mention that as well: inside the ancient ruin the zombies eyes were purple, however when they charged the trenches they were all glowing Samantha-yellow. I 100% agree that purple is their default color, but I believe that somehow Samantha is in control- even her voice sounds as though she is in the Aether! "Still getting used to the Aether- wreaks havoc on the pipes!" -Richtofen

Regardless, I am ridiculously excited for this map.

Maybe we're re-living a flash back and Samantha telling the O4 how everything started on Moon so they can understand why the blew up the earth. We're just living through that flashback.

And maybe for the next treyarch title we'll be playing as the O4 after the events of Buried.

Ah who cares about that right now. This intro was badass the whole way through. Love it

I thought it was Belinski, not Belinksi :s

Just from looking at the font, it seems they made a spelling error. How unfortunate. :( Seems they slapped the text on at the last minute. I hope they fix it on the game's actual release.

But it isn't the first time that happened. In Kino they misspelled Richtofen as Richtofan.

Alright, so it is time for my Taklok's Breakdown of Things People Aren't Talking About! Now without pictures! However, I am going to be referencing video times, so let's begin.

[1] It does indeed appear that the Remington New Army Model may be back. It LOOKS like it, but they may pull another CoTD intro on us, as will likely be the case for the melee weapons.

[2]Richtofen looks confused as hell about what is going on, almost as if he, somehow magically, had his older self pop into his younger self. He looks really confused about the blood on his hands and where he's at, even though in reality, he shouldn't. He should look more scared that the other three are pointing guns at him.

And that's all I REALLY wanted to talk about.

This is confusing. :S

1.) How is Samantha even alive in 1917/1918?

2.) Purple and yellow eyes?

Personally, I was kinda let down by the intro. :| I wanted an epic confrontation between the four, like the end, and then the zombies attack. :|

How are Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Maxis, OR Samantha even alive back then?!!! Time travel. It's got to be the answer. I see no alternative. The only one I see is that they never were from WWII but actually WWI and fooled everyone.

Personally, I was kinda let down by the intro. :| I wanted an epic confrontation between the four, like the end, and then the zombies attack. :|

How are Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Maxis, OR Samantha even alive back then?!!! Time travel. It's got to be the answer. I see no alternative. The only one I see is that they never were from WWII but actually WWI and fooled everyone.

Or they're just really old. There's no way Sam was actually around back then, however.

Time travel is the easy way out.

Or they're just really old. There's no way Sam was actually around back then, however.

You didn't listen to what I said at all.

Let's use Samantha as an example. We know she was roughly 10 in 1945. We know she was "apparently" alive in 1918. So, a solution could be that she was alive in 1918, time-travelled a.k.a "fast-forwarded" to 1945 with the rest of the group, therefore she would still be roughly 10 in 1945.

And I'm pretty sure Maxis didn't give his speech to 935 at Der Riese in a wheelchair with Alzheimer's.

Plus, Samantha sounded older than she did on Moon.....