New Picture Blue Eyes or Purple? 8/19

o ZiploK

The Chainmail zombie is a Teutonic Knight. It does not have any of the markings of a Templar. No Red/White Cross, Crooked X, or any Christian markings.

ahem hem...

TEMPLAAAAAAARRRRRRRR AHOY.

Are you disagreeing with him? Or not? Why do you post that image? You seem to imply that the meaning is inherent, but I don't understand your post.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chainmail zombie is a Teutonic Knight. It does not have any of the markings of a Templar. No Red/White Cross, Crooked X, or any Christian markings.

ahem hem...

Are you disagreeing with him? Or not? Why do you post that image? You seem to imply that the meaning is inherent, but I don't understand your post.

He's saying that the chainmail zombies were Teutonic, while I said they were Templar. He says there is no red/white cross, christian markings - the picture above confirms the red/white cross of the Templar (zombie to the right).

ahem hem...

The picture shows that the crypt zombies have on a white tunic with a Red Cross on the front like a Templar Knight.

Just so kinda put the Teutonic/Templar debate to bed...Any knight could have became a Templar during the crusades. All being a Templar meant was that you, and/or your entire unit, were fighting for the Catholic church and by such were automatically blessed by God through papal power.

Teutonic knights could have been on a crusade, same as a French knight. In the film, 'Kingdom of Heaven' Liam Nesson portrays a Templar and his unit consists of multiple knights from various nations. The unifying thing is that they're fighting a religious war.

The crusades, in a nutshell, were a call to war by the Catholic church. As the Bible circulated through Europe, European citizens demanded that the "Promised Land", aka Israel (namely Jerusalem) was being controlled by Christians and not the Islamic people of the middle east. Thus, the church, having created this monster by preaching the Bible to their followers, started a war and threatened kings of Europe with excommunication if they did not charge certain knights with the journey to Jerusalem to join the struggle for power.

Not all knights would have worn the white cloak with a red cross, perhaps there weren;t enough available to go around, maybe certain knights had spent so much coin on their current garb, they could not afford to spend more on new garments.

Them being on a crusade and fighting for Heaven, leads me to believe they were able to resist this evil of the zombies, hence the purple eyes. I think they acquired other traits of the Infection, like long life and super strength, but still had the will to fight the evil zombies...That is, until soldiers of the Reich uncovered them in this Temple and a new fight broke out.

Why do we stop seeing Templars after that initial scene in the cinematic?

Because they infected the soldiers and were all slaughtered. This is why the next scene after the templars fighting is a mass of zombie soldiers running from the Temple.

My post was made before any images of Red and White cross's were available. Now I would agree with you that they are Templars.

No need to be obnoxious about it... :mrgreen:

No no no! You mistook "excited" for "obnoxious". I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything at all. and yes, totally true that there was no markings of the cross on that first photo we got. sorry if my posts seemed obnoxious.

I'm happy the Knight's Templar was brought up. Interesting how religion has been brought up in the story again.

Due note that one thing the Knight's Templar are thought to have done (besides have a war with a bunch of assassins) was unearth and protect the Holy Grail. According to Indiana Jones, which 3arc steals from a lot, if you drank from the Holy Grail, you were granted eternal life. Due to the fact that it's midnight, I'm not going to research it now:)

Perhaps that's exactly what those Templars were granted, and somehow, the cup is infused with 115. Note that the blue meter is supposedly the one from Shi No Numa, and there are other blury, blueish objects in the room with him.

Also a fun thing to note: The robot has the templar cross on his chest.

Not so tough now, are you Ezio?

My post was made before any images of Red and White cross's were available. Now I would agree with you that they are Templars.

No need to be obnoxious about it... :mrgreen:

No no no! You mistook "excited" for "obnoxious". I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything at all. and yes, totally true that there was no markings of the cross on that first photo we got. sorry if my posts seemed obnoxious.

Lol no prob man There was supposed to be a :mrgreen: after the 3 dots in my last sentence. I didn't really think you were being obnoxious