New Picture Blue Eyes or Purple? 8/19

o ZiploK

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The eyes remind me of this

so maybe assuming that the pack-a-punch is of course powered by 115, maybe straight up 115 could be controlling the zombies?

I'm sorry, but why do you mention the Pack-a-Punch? The picture is of the "Wisp" from Buried.

I think what Liam is referring to is how the "Wisp" might be tied in with the zombie we see with the armor. Only problem is that Buried is in Africa and this is in Northern France, unless they explain how it could have gotten to Buried. Perhaps it just went there since it might be a group of wandering souls? I might be over thinking this...

Also, birdman22, I apologize if the reason you mention the Pack-a-Punch is obvious and I just can't seem to notice it.

so maybe assuming that the pack-a-punch is of course powered by 115, maybe straight up 115 could be controlling the zombies?

I'm sorry, but why do you mention the Pack-a-Punch? The picture is of the "Wisp" from Buried.

I think what Liam is referring to is how the "Wisp" might be tied in with the zombie we see with the armor. Only problem is that Buried is in Africa and this is in Northern France, unless they explain how it could have gotten to Buried. Perhaps it just went there since it might be a group of wandering souls? I might be over thinking this...

Also, birdman22, I apologize if the reason you mention the Pack-a-Punch is obvious and I just can't seem to notice it.

I think he mistook the wisp for the upgraded muzzle flash.

I was more just saying that I they look similar, not that they're connected :)

Hmmm, the eyes do look similar to the wisp...

Looking back at some of the Buried EE quotes, look at how the wisp was described:

"Follow the wisp. He will show you the way"

"Energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred. You must sever the wisp's link to the undead"

"Keep going! The Wisp knows its energy is needed for the greater good"

"The Wisp's lifeforce has been exhausted, but further energy is required!"

"Maxis calls it a 'wisp'. It's really just a ball of lifeforce, imprisoned in this place for all eternity!"

"It is probably best not to dwell on what it really is. It would make you sooo sad, ah"

"Oh look, the poor little thing is desperately trying to find a nice warm body to inhabit"

"Ah the Wisp is such a tricky little sausage. I think he may have chosen to return to his points of origin. That's just a fancy way for me to say: 'START AGAIN!'"

Maybe what (or who) the wisp is can be explained somehow through this?

As someone mentioned that maybe the force from Die Rise is connected in this. I think it is highly possible since we totally forgot about it. I mean i sure did with all these maps coming out. But i highly think there might me some connection. What if the Entity that samantha mentioned back on Moon was not actually Lucifer but this entity. Could explain the color. Again i am colour blind but could anyone tell me the Eye color of this zombie and the zombies in Die Rise is same or not? If not then this will be just another arrow shot in the dark. Also please check the cutscene for die rise when they are teleported. Maybe the color might be same. Maybe......

Hmmm, the eyes do look similar to the wisp...

Looking back at some of the Buried EE quotes, look at how the wisp was described:

"Follow the wisp. He will show you the way"

"Energy cannot be destroyed, only transferred. You must sever the wisp's link to the undead"

"Keep going! The Wisp knows its energy is needed for the greater good"

"The Wisp's lifeforce has been exhausted, but further energy is required!"

"Maxis calls it a 'wisp'. It's really just a ball of lifeforce, imprisoned in this place for all eternity!"

"It is probably best not to dwell on what it really is. It would make you sooo sad, ah"

"Oh look, the poor little thing is desperately trying to find a nice warm body to inhabit"

"Ah the Wisp is such a tricky little sausage. I think he may have chosen to return to his points of origin. That's just a fancy way for me to say: 'START AGAIN!'"

Maybe what (or who) the wisp is can be explained somehow through this?

I had no clue that the wisp was actually a separate entity. And when we do Richtofens side we have to take it to the HangMan's Noose , as Rechtofen said "Ah the Wisp is such a tricky little sausage. I think he may have chosen to return to his points of origin. That's just a fancy way for me to say: 'START AGAIN!". Now for Richtofen to say this means maybe the wisp was somebody we knew? or somebody that holds great importance?

What i'm getting is that maybe someone else from the O4 maybe be able to get ahold of the controlling spot somehow. Or N4. Is it just me or does Tedds eyes also look like the Chainmail zombies eyes?

That's what I was thinking. That's why I'm not pushing the button until I play the map first. If I'm right, the eye's might be a completely different color we haven't seen.

At least we learned something new, The 935 Logo that the group was around before WWII, which backs up the Rule Book found in Der Riese and Richtofens Comment heard in Moon. There were Scientist from different nations part of the group. Which also means they were exploring the Element for something other than winning the war for the Nazi's.

Am I the only one who noticed something Richtofen is maybe hinting at?

"Ah, the Wisp is such a tricky little sausage. I think he may have chosen to return to his point of ORIGIN That's just a fancy way for me to say: 'START AGAIN'"

Origins may be the result of our meddling with the towers. The O4 are STARTING AGAIN.

"Ah, the Wisp is such a tricky little sausage. I think he may have chosen to return to his point of ORIGIN That's just a fancy way for me to say: 'START AGAIN'"

Origins may be the result of our meddling with the towers. The O4 are STARTING AGAIN.

So the Wisp is Dempsey, Nikolai or Takeo?

So the Wisp is Dempsey, Nikolai or Takeo?

Haha imagine that!

The Chainmail zombie is a Teutonic Knight. It does not have any of the markings of a Templar. No Red/White Cross, Crooked X, or any Christian markings.

Teutonic Knights are inherently linked with German Lore, they were used as examples of Aryan superiority in Nazi propaganda. Hitler even had some portraits of himself depicted as a Teutonic Knight.

Also the Teutonic's were much more active in Europe than the Templars. They fought prolonged campaigns against Prussia, Lithuania and Poland. It just seems they fit more in this context.

@ Jason - I was wondering if it was a Teutonic Knight aswell.

All the clues are there in Buried. A few of the books point towards Jacob Grimm.

- Grimm's Fairy Tales

- A Treatise on Law

- Wheel of life

- Philosophy, politics & poetry

Jacob Grimm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Grimm

Grimm's Fairy Tales book found in Buried

Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (4 January 1785 – 20 September 1863) was a German philologist, jurist and mythologist. He is best known as the discoverer of Grimm's Law (linguistics), the author (with his brother) of the monumental Deutsches Wörterbuch, the author of Deutsche Mythologie and, more popularly, as one of the Brothers Grimm, as the editor of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

========================================

Teutonic Mythology / Deutsche Mythologie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Mythologie

Deutsche Mythologie (Teutonic Mythology) is a seminal treatise on Germanic mythology by Jacob Grimm. First published in Germany in 1835, the work is an exhaustive treatment of the subject, tracing the mythology and beliefs of the Ancient Germanic peoples from their earliest attestations to their survivals in modern traditions, folktales and popular expressions.

The structure of the Deutsche Mythologie is fairly encyclopaedic. The articles and chapters are discursive of philological, historical, folkloristic, and poetic aspects of the pre-Christian Germanic religions. The sources are varied epochally and geographically. In many instances, Grimm cites the North and West Germanic variants of a religious entity; thus the entry on Thor is titled 'Donar, Thunar (Thôrr)'. Older Germanic words, particularly those concerning ritual, are often compared to Latin equivalents, as evident in the table of contents.

Many variations in either original scanned or PDF format

http://openlibrary.org/works/OL45439W/Deutsche_mythologie

AN OVERVIEW of the GERMANIC MYTHOLOGY'S EPIC ORDER

http://www.germanicmythology.com/ugm2/ugm2overview.pdf

Chapters

> Ch. 1 - Introduction

> Ch. 2 - God

> Ch. 3 - Worship

> Ch. 4 - Temples

> Ch. 5 - Priests

> Ch. 6 - Gods

> Ch. 7 - Wuotan, Wodan (Oðinn)

> Ch. 8 - Donar, Thunar, (Thorr)

> Ch. 9 - Zio, (Tiw, Tyr)

> Ch. 10 - Fro (Freyr)

> Ch. 11 - Palter (Balder)

> Ch. 12 - Other Gods

> Ch. 13 - Goddesses

> Ch. 14 - Condition of Gods

> Ch. 15 - Heroes

> Ch. 16 - Wise Women

> Ch. 17 - Wights and Elves

> Ch. 18 - Giants

> Ch. 19 - Creation

> Ch. 20 - Elements

> Ch. 21 - Trees and Animals

> Ch. 22 - Sky and Stars

> Ch. 23 - Day and Night

> Ch. 24 - Summer and Winter

> Ch. 25 - Time and World

> Ch. 26 - Souls

> Ch. 27 - Death

> Ch. 28 - Destiny and Well-Being

> Ch. 29 - Personifications

> Preface

> Ch.30 - Poetry

> Ch. 31 - Spectres

> Ch. 32 - Translation

> Ch. 33 - Devil

> Ch. 34 - Magic

> Ch. 35 - Superstition

> Ch. 36 - Sickness

> Ch. 37 - Herbs and Stones

> Ch. 38 - Spells and Charms

========================================

It's funny that this incorporates Giants among other things.

This is part of my further theory on the possibility of the Norse myths being incorporated. There is the picture in Tranzit of Thor's hammer which I discounted as anything relevant. The garage at the Bus Depot has White Horses on the Logo. This was a reused texture from Black Ops, though in BO it was written in German & translated to "White Horse", possibly referring to Odins Horse. Is this the horse that the voice actor was trolling with before the game came out?

I have been thinking that Agartha maybe "Asgard".

We will see what happens. Can't wait for this cinematic.

• Administrators

Note the knights with he same style of helmets and gear. I would say Jason is correct on what kind of warrior this is. Not surprisingly, this order of knight would have to be a great deal of time ago since the current German Order does not look like this at all. They do, however, follow the same model of Templars. Hell - even the German Kaiser dressed up as this (before World War I) to show aggression and nationalism.

Here's an interesting tidbit that I found regarding the Order.

1929 The Holy See changes the Order´s rule, modifying its name to “Brothers of the German Order of St. Maria of Jerusalem” and so withdraws the military tradition making it a purely religious order.

September 6, 1938 Dissolution of the Order in Austria by the German Nazi who confiscates its properties.

1939 Dissolution of the Order in Czechoslovakia by the German Nazi who confiscates its properties.

1947 The Order is restored in Austria.

http://www.swabia-teutonic.org/historyo ... nights.htm

Sure, it may not relate to much since we are given a pre-WWII era and it wouldn't make sense to point out involvement with Germany. It only makes me think more that this kind of knight might be a little older than we think.

I'm thinking this Knight is a gatekeeper of some sort.

Like the Templar from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade protecting the Holy Grail deep inside some mountain cave or the Mayan warrior from The Fountain protecting the Tree of Life.

He's more than likely protecting an entrance to Agartha, or the seal which contains the zombies. Treyarch said in Origins, we'd be "unearthing an ancient evil".

Suppose our O4 meet at this archaelogical site that's become a battlefield. The archaeologists are all long gone since war has erupted, but the explosions from battle, grenades, air strikes, etc.. have indirectly dug deeper into the site and possibly broken this seal that's keeping the zombies from spreading.

Unfortunately, this theory would kinda make all the experiments with 115 for purposes of reanimation void, unless we defeat the outbreak at Origins and Richtofen's inquisitive nature leads him to try and replicate zombies synthetically.

The part that really intrigues me is the 935 logo on the crate, so long before 935 was supposedly formed...

Based on the trailer, I'm pretty sure purple is the color before Sam takes control (which will be explained in Origins).

So definitely purple and not blue, and purple is the default color when just the aether is in control, or maybe some other entity was in control before Sam took over.

The Chainmail zombie is a Teutonic Knight. It does not have any of the markings of a Templar. No Red/White Cross, Crooked X, or any Christian markings.

ahem hem...

TEMPLAAAAAAARRRRRRRR AHOY.

Plus it makes much more sense to be the Templar - why would a Teutonic Knight to be buried in France, and not Germany?