Locking the Box without letting it move gives bad weapons?

Tasty Applesauce

I've been consistently noticing that when people rush to lock the box at the start of the game without letting it move that I have a lot better of a chance of pulling "bad weapon" from the box.

I don't know if this is another downside besides the losing Firesale drops or just a small bug in the system or something but everyone in the game seems to be effected too.

A good 80% (probably more actually) of the time it ends up handing out snipers, war machine, rpg, five seven and dual wield, and the shotguns, and for some reason the ballistic knife if someone doesn't have it already.

You still occasionally get an assault rife, or a ray gun but actually trying to pull the time bombs and paralyzer without firesales alone can take a while but I find it to be near impossible in games where people do this.

All four of us spent 15 rounds pouring points into the box, the other 3 spent about 10 grand on round 1 after they locked it to begin with as well and didn't have the time bombs until round 11, one of us finally had the mark II on 12 but none of us had the Paralyzer until round 15 lol.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think there is no way to judge the possibilities of getting a certain weapon from the "random" box, because it is just that random. If you get bad weapons in a row it is just bad luck, however I bet you that you have also gotten good weapons in a row as well, but it is modern humans nature to dwell on the bad moments.

The other game I got these weapons from the box with it crushed into its first positions.

Galil-->RayGun-->HAMR-->FiveSeven(DW)--> RayGun Mark 2

It's like if I asked someone the events of their life, they would most likely remember the bad things. It's human nature.

I honestly think there is no way to judge the possibilities of getting a certain weapon from the "random" box, because it is just that random. If you get bad weapons in a row it is just bad luck, however I bet you that you have also gotten good weapons in a row as well, but it is modern humans nature to dwell on the bad moments.

The other game I got these weapons from the box with it crushed into its first positions.

Galil-->RayGun-->HAMR-->FiveSeven(DW)--> RayGun Mark 2

It's like if I asked someone the events of their life, they would most likely remember the bad things. It's human nature.

well that's why I was bringing this to attention, I wanted to get others' perspectives and see if this is actually happening for them too or if I'm just a really unlucky person.

you're also only half right because its not like I just don't remember having a few good guns pulled out of the box, no I literally did not get an assault rifle, ray gun, wonderweapon in over 15k poured into it and it was effecting every person in that particular game.

Odd when I lock the box I almost never get the war machine.., I usually get these kind of stats on solo:

Paralizer: Often

Time bomb: simi-rare

Ray gun M2: Rare (but not as rare as other maps)

War machine: Rare

Ray gun: Common

Fal: Simi-rare

War machine:Rare

M1612: Common

Barrett: Common

DSR: simi-common

Monkeys: Common

Hammer: Common

Galil:simi-rare

Balistic knives: common

SMR: Common

RPG: common

Kap40: Rare

Five-seven: Comon

Duel weild: Simi-common

Remington new model: About average

Exicutioner: common

Mtar: Common

S-12 Common

Tell me if I missed anything

we lock it down everytime...because the mystery box being out in the maze SUCKS. I think it is all just completely random what mystery box gives you. like i said we lock it down every time. there have been multiple occasions where my first and second hit from mystery box has gotten me the Paralyzer and RayGun.

Locking the box before it moves prevents you from getting fire sales so I usually make some one spam it open the whole map make big dude bring it back then lock it down

Except this is testable.

My only stipulation would be that if someone does test this they should buy a wall gun in between each roll, otherwise it slants the odds. Which brings up the issue with monkey bombs and time bombs. To which I would say you need to have a second player or controller to also be hitting the box and when they get time bombs you stop hitting the box with that player/controller so that when the first player gets monkeys tacticals will not be showing up in the rotation.

• 2 weeks later...

People who actually believe in this crap need to let it go. The box doesn't give out horrible weapons when it's locked down or if it moves about the map. The box is at random. There is no glitch to do or not do to make it give better weapons, no throwing grenades in it, shooting it, standing and holding X in front of it, etc... The list goes on forever of the bullshit possibilities that the general public come up with.

lol, good thing there was all that scientific evidence to back up that claim that there are absolutely no parameters that could possibly change the way the game calculates the draw of guns from the box. None, zilch.. Thanks for that well informed, very educational comment.

I agree I don't think any of the "shooting the lock, throwing a grenade, etc etc" stuff does anything. However there is some logic that goes into believing that there may be a calculation penalty for locking the box down in which the game then lowers the percentage to receiving a better gun from the higher caliber class of weapons.

I did a rough test the other night. One game we locked it down right away and found in later rounds that we were spending 20-30 grand on the box to get our good weapons back like the ray gun, hammer, mark 2 etc.. In a game the next night we decided to not lock the box down and see what happened and not only did we get firesales but it seemed to the 4 of us that we spent considerably less money to eventually get the same guns Ray, Hammer, etc.. By considerably less I mean it was literally about 10 grand per person to get set back up.

This is in no way scientific or proves anything but for me myself it is enough to believe that there is some sort of calculation that goes on in the boxes percentages when the box is locked down that lowers the frequency of getting an upper class weapon.

Just my opinion, no outlandish claims from either side of the coin as nobody truly knows, but this is what seems to be going on in my experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been consistently noticing that when people rush to lock the box at the start of the game without letting it move that I have a lot better of a chance of pulling "bad weapon" from the box.

I don't know if this is another downside besides the losing Firesale drops or just a small bug in the system or something but everyone in the game seems to be effected too.

A good 80% (probably more actually) of the time it ends up handing out snipers, war machine, rpg, five seven and dual wield, and the shotguns, and for some reason the ballistic knife if someone doesn't have it already.

You still occasionally get an assault rife, or a ray gun but actually trying to pull the time bombs and paralyzer without firesales alone can take a while but I find it to be near impossible in games where people do this.

All four of us spent 15 rounds pouring points into the box, the other 3 spent about 10 grand on round 1 after they locked it to begin with as well and didn't have the time bombs until round 11, one of us finally had the mark II on 12 but none of us had the Paralyzer until round 15 lol.

Any bug detector to detect the bug?