Where are we Going decoded message to do with Origins??

"Let go and the beginning will become the end"

That was what the hidden message was in Mob of the Dead's hidden song.

I think it actually would make more sense that it has to do with these characters and the current predicament we're facing rather than the Mob characters.

Going even further I believe that the whole song "where are we going" is about the original four characters and "rusty cage" is quite obviously about the Mob.

I believe they put this particular song in the map with these characters to get the idea out there and get us to make the connection that our original characters may actually be in a cycle of their own that they can break. This may or may not be further evidenced by Richtofin carrying two blood vials with those two very familiar numbers.

Do I have any concrete evidence on any of this being 100% accurate? nope.

This is kind of my own personal interpretation and theory that I've gathered by reading others' theories and informative topics and formulating my own from there.

Feel free to let me know your own personal thoughts and interpretations on what that message could mean and if you think it may indeed tie to this map.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be rite here i mean rusty cage goes with the map and the mobsters and Where are we going does not. Also, maybe this is a stupid observation but notice for rusty cage we find the bottles for the Maluka's song we have to type 935. Any involvement of 935 in Alcatraz? I think not. So maybe this could be, if not a strong proof, but a link or a part that proves or gives credibility to your theory!

I think (and hope) that the final explanation is going to involve a time-loop, like the Alcatraz one but on a bigger scale. Remember the intro for Die Rise? We clearly see the new 4 being killed by zombies (I can't remember exactly what happens, but we definitely see Russman killed I think). Yet there he is again, at the start of the level - and one of them says "We have been here before".

I think this was the biggest clue that the New 4 are trapped inside a time-loop, and the easter egg on the final map will revolve around breaking out of it(which will maybe 'mend the rift' as well).

Remember that the Zombie Controller during WW1 era - where it all starts - is most likely going to be the same one as during MOTD - i.e the being who instigated that time-loop to trap Sal, Weasel etc, so why could he not have started up some sort of time-loop in 1914 to trap the Original 4 as well?

Basically, all of Zombies is a time-loop anyway - the heroes survive for as long as they can before finally getting overrun, then we restart the match and it all begins again from round 1. Round Infinity in Mined Games was another clue about this.

Incorporating this into the storyline somehow would be a very clever move on Treyarch's part, and a clever comment of the nature of storytelling in videogames.

I think (and hope) that the final explanation is going to involve a time-loop, like the Alcatraz one but on a bigger scale. Remember the intro for Die Rise? We clearly see the new 4 being killed by zombies (I can't remember exactly what happens, but we definitely see Russman killed I think). Yet there he is again, at the start of the level - and one of them says "We have been here before".

I think this was the biggest clue that the New 4 are trapped inside a time-loop, and the easter egg on the final map will revolve around breaking out of it(which will maybe 'mend the rift' as well).

Remember that the Zombie Controller during WW1 era - where it all starts - is most likely going to be the same one as during MOTD - i.e the being who instigated that time-loop to trap Sal, Weasel etc, so why could he not have started up some sort of time-loop in 1914 to trap the Original 4 as well?

Basically, all of Zombies is a time-loop anyway - the heroes survive for as long as they can before finally getting overrun, then we restart the match and it all begins again from round 1. Round Infinity in Mined Games was another clue about this.

Incorporating this into the storyline somehow would be a very clever move on Treyarch's part, and a clever comment of the nature of storytelling in videogames.

Russman is killed first, but the rest are swarmed and killed. Someone probably talks about remembering being there before because when they die, they're brought back as Richtofen says "Accept your fate, begin anew!".

The only problem with the zombie controller being the same is that during MotD the zombies had red eyes, and from what we've seen of Origins they have a yellowish kind of eye (whether it's the default color for the zombies or whatnot).

I think round infinity was basically them going to retrieve the switch because their future selves were killed and did not succeed in their task.

Loving all this brainstorming guys, thanks for all the input so far :)

The whole big time loop idea is exactly what I was thinking might be going on here too :P but I have to wonder about the zombie eyes and the controller of them for this map.

Before the actual Apocalypse trailer that showed the zombies having yellow eyes I thought it was going to be the same controller from Mob even further linking the two but it appears that may not be the case.

Further pondering on the message and song.. if we let go of all we know and we do something drastic with these characters that changes the whole course of the future we could end the zombie infestation before it even really begins.

This may even mean that our Original 4 characters may have to die at the end of this EE. It doesn't have to be that but if we are indeed going to be trying to break a cycle we're going to need to do something extremely drastic to change the events and dying would be that drastic change.

"Let go" let them die, "and the beginning will become the end" we destroy(?) all remnants of 115 and evidence of it ever existing including ourselves as witness to the disaster.

Russman is killed first, but the rest are swarmed and killed. Someone probably talks about remembering being there before because when they die, they're brought back as Richtofen says "Accept your fate, begin anew!".

The only problem with the zombie controller being the same is that during MotD the zombies had red eyes, and from what we've seen of Origins they have a yellowish kind of eye (whether it's the default color for the zombies or whatnot).

I think round infinity was basically them going to retrieve the switch because their future selves were killed and did not succeed in their task.

I agree with you but one thing that bugs me is who decides these eye colours...... i mean i am just saying how does this work? What if satan or whoever just wants to change the eyes? I am just saying, like he controls it. But this stupid rant aside I agree with ya......

Also, maybe this is a stupid observation but notice for rusty cage we find the bottles for the Maluka's song we have to type 935. Any involvement of 935 in Alcatraz? I think not.

In the Origins trailer, Richtofen has blood bags on his belt, matching Finn and Sal's inmate number. You probably know he worked for Group 935.

Also, I found a hidden Alcatraz reference on the official Activision site. On the Origins bio. Hard to see, but it is visable.

Group 935 may not have had any involvement with Alcatraz, but both points are worth noticing....

Also, maybe this is a stupid observation but notice for rusty cage we find the bottles for the Maluka's song we have to type 935. Any involvement of 935 in Alcatraz? I think not.

In the Origins trailer, Richtofen has blood bags on his belt, matching Finn and Sal's inmate number. You probably know he worked for Group 935.

Also, I found a hidden Alcatraz reference on the official Activision site. On the Origins bio. Hard to see, but it is visable.

Group 935 may not have had any involvement with Alcatraz, but both points are worth noticing....

Typing 935 in was one of the reasons that had me wonder if "where are we Going" was actually about these characters.

Also as you said the vials match Sal and Finn's prisoner numbers exactly and that's waaayyyy to coincidental in my opinion. Why would they just throw that in there if not to reference Mob in some way, they had to know that we'd make that connection, the question is why?

Typing 935 in was one of the reasons that had me wonder if "where are we Going" was actually about these characters.

Also as you said the vials match Sal and Finn's prisoner numbers exactly and that's waaayyyy to coincidental in my opinion. Why would they just throw that in there if not to reference Mob in some way, they had to know that we'd make that connection, the question is why?

Thats the point man, These two maps are connected, we know that. How is the question. I mean we know weasel knows or hears Nikolai's name. We know that we enter 935 in that number board for the song. We know richtofen is carrying their blood. So assuming that he has their blood could it be that Richtofen collected the blood by their tomb. I know it sounds far fetched but these two maps arent that far apart . This was pointed out to me by Stop Mocking Me (I hope i wrote his name right.) in my thread which is about the MoTD reference in the origins trailer. Now we know they are connected, no doubt. But y and how is anybody's guess.

If he's collected their blood that almost raises more questions than answers too because if Origins is supposed to take place before everything happened with the MPD and Samantha and the 115 experiments than that would also be before the time of Alcatraz. If he has acquired their blood then that means Origins either takes place after they were killed, before (maybe while even?) they were sent to Alcatraz, or the blood vials are somehow from the future and he has them in the past.