jet gun vs. paralyzer. What did they do wrong?

I have heard countless people saying that the paralyzed is EXTREMELY op (its ok to be kinda op in zombies but this gun is so op that it makes buried boring) while the jet gun sucks...

Why is this? Why is it that both of these maps are labeled boring because of its gun? Is it the infinite damage? Or did treyarch just try to hard to help us and made buried to easy for the paralyzed after seeing the community's reaction to the jet gun?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TranZit isn't labeled as boring because of the Jetgun.

The Jetgun is kind of useless anyway, it takes way too long to build and tbh the gun isn't very good. Yes It's good one-on-one but come on, when you got the Jetgun for the first time, we all had the same thought. "Let's test it against a train of Zombies" (5 seconds later) "[insert your name here] needs to be revived".

The Paralyzer on the other hand, can so easily be used to break the game. [sit in Church/Jugg, fire away]. Yet again, Buried isn't labeled as boring just because of the Paralyzer.

Some people call it boring because of the combination of the level design, Paralyzer, bank, free perks etc etc.

So yeah both weapons are kind of broken in their own way.

The jet gun and the paralizer are two odd weapons...

IMO the paralizer is what the jet gun should have been... Infinite amo, infinite damage, and the ability to use it to gain elevation anywhere...

But for some reason trayarch wants us to have a harder time to get the jet gun, despite it's near-worthlessness..,

But the map of tranzit isn't bad because the power weapon is awful, it's awful because it's huge 90%fog, and has not much to offer... And buried isn't bad because the wonder weapon is OP... The reason people thing the wonder weapon is OP is because they use tactics to get to high rounds... Not playing zombies as it should be played... By killing zombies as you run away from them, don't hate the game, hate the player...

In my opinion, there should NEVER be a wonder weapon with infinite ammo. The Petrifer made high round attempts stupidly easy. All you had to do was sit in a spot and tap the shoot button. The WW in Buried is part of the reason it's WAAY too easy nowawdays. The Jet Gun is a whole different story. It was multiple suicide attempts to even build the thing, especially on Solo. What do you get when you go through all that hard work? A weak gun that overheats WAAY too fast. Hopefully for Origins, our WW will be in the box. No gimmicks, no convoluted 8-part side quest to get it, no building. Just test your luck on the box and see if you'll be lucky enough to get it before your team gets it or you hit the Teddy Bear.

Jet Gun is amazing. Paralyzer is amazing. TranZit is amazing. Buried is amazing.

People are spoiled rotten. That is all.

I couldn't agree more. I just didn't want to put my opinion in the op in case I swayed someones mind. I still think that the paralyzer is better. i never disliked the jet gun till I heard 99% of people COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN about it. I always saw the challenge it brought. Learning how to use it and use it effectively was a Challenge that brought something new to the game.

I think it's more a combination of things than the weapon itself.

- Cool-down: Jet Gun can only cool down while held out, while the Paralyser doesn't.

- Availability: Jet Gun has to be built and collected around the big TranZit map, as well as the possibility of breaking apart, while the Paralyser is available from the box, with increased chances as well because of lower number of weapons.

- Vulture Aid: Jet Gun doesn't have it's help, so you can't wait or collect "ammo" to help it cool-down, while the Paralyser can.

- Mobility: Jet Gun drags you forward, can't really be used while moving backwards, and it can't be sprinted with. Paralyser can do all those things and also make you fly around.

- Map: TranZit is an open area, not really any camping or small hallways available. Buried has small-medium areas, but with camping areas. The Jet Gun would thrive in these areas, but it doesn't have that access. The Paralyser does though.

- Firing: The Jet Gun has to be close to the zombies to do damage, and it only does damage in the middle, not the sides. This causes a big problem with trains, as they'll surround you, and you can't damage them as it only hits the middle. The Paralyser can be fired from a distance, slows zombies down, and has a wider radius.

- Pack-a-Punch: The Jet Gun can't be PaP'd, while the Paralyser can.

- Time: The Jet Gun overheats faster than the Paralyser.

- Power-Ups: The Jet Gun can "drag" power-ups towards you, while Paralyser can't.

Clearly we can see the Paralyser is the winner here. But the biggest variables for me are Cool-down, Availability, Map and Mobility. If these were swapped around, I think the Jet Gun would be more fun and better. I mean, if that makes me spoiled rotten, than I am spoiled rotten. I just think the Jet Gun could've been so much better.

Anyway, I think if the Jet Gun was used it the Juggernog hallway in Buried, it'd be good. All in one line, bunched up, so they can't really go around you and out of the line of fire.

I think if they could've added the ability to fly with the Jet Gun, it'd be nice. It can pull you forwards, so if you aim upwards, it could've pulled you into the sky. Obviously risky as you can't see around you, only upwards, but it would be nice.

Anyway, these are my views. I think the Jet Gun could've been better, as seen with the Paralyser.

Think the game mechanics & features of buried were made to make it easier for people to rank up? I can make it to round 50 nearly every game (if I have the time)

5000-7000 kills to 1 or no downs makes you K/D a lot better. I know that there would be other factors, but to me it just seems that they made an easy map because so many people whinge about the ranking system.

The reason people thing the wonder weapon is OP is because they use tactics to get to high rounds... Not playing zombies as it should be played... By killing zombies as you run away from them, don't hate the game, hate the player...

Hey, camping is a legitimate strategy. Training/running them isn't the only one. Just because camping is slightly easier, doesn't mean this is playing the game in the wrong way. I never heard anyone complaining about maps that were easy to train on, now did I?

On Topic: The gun is kinda OP, but I love it how it is, and couldn't stand to see it changed after getting so used to it. The map's so far into it'c life that I honestly doubt to ever see it patched anyways. Now, the Jet Gun, I wish that it could be maybe upgraded, or something. Cause the few times I had it, I kinda wish I didn't. I mean, come on. TranZit was a map I never really liked anyways. And no, I'm not saying it's the most horrible map or anything, it's just that in my opinion, I don't like it.

Camping is a stratagem yes, but camping and using the green mist for infinite amo is not....

Actually that's exactly what a strategy is. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it incorrect.

Sure it makes things A LOT easier but who cares? You shouldn't let those who do that or that strategy bother you in the slightest. I stopped paying attention to any leader board on any COD game after MW2 hacking would put lvl 1's at the top for kills. There's no reason to be bothered about other people and their strategy's. Worry about yourself and your personal high scores and you'll be much happier.

Camping is a stratagem yes, but camping and using the green mist for infinite amo is not....

Not saying I do that, cause I don't, but what makes it not legit? The green mist WAS MADE to make zombies run away, and the gun WAS MADE with infinite ammo. They haven't patched it yet, and it's not like it's something most people don't know anyways, so I'd say it is an OP legit strategy lol. In all honesty, I believe if anything, they should just shorten the mist time if they wish to patch it. That's because (Yes, I tested it) it lasts longer than 2 monkey bombs.

They don't bother me, I just look down upon it... I see it as sort of cheating despite the fact it is ment to work like that... I couldn't care LESS what the leaderboards say, yesterday a whole team of blue eyed knives and me (3 slash skull due to vacation) we're playing buried greif against three double bones and a blue eyed skull... Of course, on round 4 three of my teammates were down and I was forced to buy quick revive (which I wasn't too disapointed in, I wish I could have gotten jug first though...) then when they got up of COURSE they did the glitch wall thing... As did the other team... I left because I knew this game would never end... :roll:

I think it's more a combination of things than the weapon itself.

- Cool-down: Jet Gun can only cool down while held out, while the Paralyser doesn't.

- Availability: Jet Gun has to be built and collected around the big TranZit map, as well as the possibility of breaking apart, while the Paralyser is available from the box, with increased chances as well because of lower number of weapons.

- Vulture Aid: Jet Gun doesn't have it's help, so you can't wait or collect "ammo" to help it cool-down, while the Paralyser can.

- Mobility: Jet Gun drags you forward, can't really be used while moving backwards, and it can't be sprinted with. Paralyser can do all those things and also make you fly around.

- Map: TranZit is an open area, not really any camping or small hallways available. Buried has small-medium areas, but with camping areas. The Jet Gun would thrive in these areas, but it doesn't have that access. The Paralyser does though.

- Firing: The Jet Gun has to be close to the zombies to do damage, and it only does damage in the middle, not the sides. This causes a big problem with trains, as they'll surround you, and you can't damage them as it only hits the middle. The Paralyser can be fired from a distance, slows zombies down, and has a wider radius.

- Pack-a-Punch: The Jet Gun can't be PaP'd, while the Paralyser can.

- Time: The Jet Gun overheats faster than the Paralyser.

- Power-Ups: The Jet Gun can "drag" power-ups towards you, while Paralyser can't.

Clearly we can see the Paralyser is the winner here. But the biggest variables for me are Cool-down, Availability, Map and Mobility. If these were swapped around, I think the Jet Gun would be more fun and better. I mean, if that makes me spoiled rotten, than I am spoiled rotten. I just think the Jet Gun could've been so much better.

Anyway, I think if the Jet Gun was used it the Juggernog hallway in Buried, it'd be good. All in one line, bunched up, so they can't really go around you and out of the line of fire.

I think if they could've added the ability to fly with the Jet Gun, it'd be nice. It can pull you forwards, so if you aim upwards, it could've pulled you into the sky. Obviously risky as you can't see around you, only upwards, but it would be nice.

Anyway, these are my views. I think the Jet Gun could've been better, as seen with the Paralyser.

Also, The Jet Gun does not take up a weapon slot like the paralyzer does so it is an extra weapon not a primary

BUT in buried you can get mule kick meaning you can hold the same amount of weapons in both maps as long as one is the jet gun....

Plus if you hit the button you could have 4 guns :)

IV been meaning to ask you this for a while but never seem to find a good place to ask. And I'm to lazy to ask in a pm. But I have all three des done with richtofen. If you want to send a friend request to 'The BS Zombie' and we could push the button whenever as long as I have time.

I always looked down on the people that did the jet gun glitch that made it not heat up.

Seriously? That is the only thing that made it a viable weapon to use.

It takes decent timing to do it correctly and even then you have that split second where you can't move. On top of that, it only kills three zombies per use.

In absolutely no way is this an easy way and definitely the most convenient way to high to high rounds.

A map isn't boring cause of a gun...

Someone said the JetGun is awesome. Tom says the JetGun makes me vomit as soon as I see it. But the JetGun is not why I have fun or no fun in TranZit. I just don't use it and in 50+ it slowly comes to an end, the only useful gun for those rounds - which is the JetGun - is no fun, so TranZit is no fun in 50+ for me. But 50-, it is fun.

I think people don't like TranZit because it's too much travelling. 20 minutes after a death to get your stuff back, that is ridiculous. Besides that, the Denizens are annoying. When we talk about a wonder weapon for TranZit, it should be one that allows teleport, similar to a portal gun in the same named game.

Infinite damage is not a problem. Remember Black Ops 1 guns? So isn't infinite ammo. Doing round 25+ is always boring. Around at that spot, you have done everything, have your setup, easter egg checked and what follows is repetitive stuff.

It's the layout, the map design that makes it boring, not the guns.

A map isn't boring cause of a gun...

Someone said the JetGun is awesome. Tom says the JetGun makes me vomit as soon as I see it. But the JetGun is not why I have fun or no fun in TranZit. I just don't use it and in 50+ it slowly comes to an end, the only useful gun for those rounds - which is the JetGun - is no fun, so TranZit is no fun in 50+ for me. But 50-, it is fun.

I think people don't like TranZit because it's too much travelling. 20 minutes after a death to get your stuff back, that is ridiculous. Besides that, the Denizens are annoying. When we talk about a wonder weapon for TranZit, it should be one that allows teleport, similar to a portal gun in the same named game.

Infinite damage is not a problem. Remember Black Ops 1 guns? So isn't infinite ammo. Doing round 25+ is always boring. Around at that spot, you have done everything, have your setup, easter egg checked and what follows is repetitive stuff.

It's the layout, the map design that makes it boring, not the guns.

agreed mate.So much agreed :)