The One and Only Solution

ItsFromMars

As I am sure most of you know, there is a theory going around that the Zombie Storyline is just a giant time paradox. If you look at everything that has happen so far, the only way it would seem possible to "Break The Cycle" is to stop the Element 115 from being discovered. This would be impossible. So that means it must be broken another way.

My theory is that in orgins, we will be launching an All out effort to begin the process to break the cycle.

The Cycle can only be broken in one of three ways (at least that's how I see it).

The Possible "Cycle Breakers"

------------------------------------------

1: Kill Richtofen or prevent him from finding the MPD

2: Kill Maxis, in turn preventing Richtofen turning against him and his research. The only hiccup I see with this is that this leaves Richtofen completely free to do as he pleases.

3: Kill them Both.

I doubt killing Richtofen is the answer. Why? Because it would be too easy. Tank, Nikolai and Takeo could have all to easily killed Richtofen at anytime during their journey with him. I know they were brainwashed at this point, but still.

Let me know what you think about this. I'm not even sure if the storyline is even a paradox or anything. I just think it is probably the truth.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or perhaps we don't need to kill either one, we just need to power a tower here in the past that will corrupt the towers in the future, so when one pushes the button again the process messes up and we get a common ending. Such as the grand evil taking control.... OR gersh...

Or maybe perhaps we aren't even in 19--, we're in present day... We're just living a memory in some kind of virtual reality the O4 were put in. Perhaps even by the Vrill in argartha... If we chose maxis we escape because he opens it up and we can leave... If we chose richtofen we get a different ending....

Breaking the cycle does make sense for this time period. I can easily see it being done. If I was a betting man however, I think we would probably have to kill Maxis. Which is fine to me(I wonder what he looks like). Hopefully Breaking the Cycle doesent end the game like Mob of the Dead however. Wasn't really a fan of that.

If we do "break the cycle" I don't think the game will end. I just think a different series of events will unfold. I think Mob of the Dead was just a special case. They were basically trapped in Purgatory, sticking them into a paradox so they realize the error of their ways. However the Nazi Zombie saga as a whole, I don't think, is in purgatory or hell. I believe that pnce the world ends, the world begins anew. And the events leading up to Orgins will all unfold the same way.

I do support this idea of "breaking the cycle". My theory is that we have to kill Maxis. Without Maxis, Richtofen would (most likely) not turn crazy like he did in our current timeline.

Richtofen was crazy without Maxis...

Really. He seemed quite...normal before the MPD incident.

Maxis had nothing to do with the MPD incident. Richtofen built a teleporter of his own volition. Richtofen went to the Moon of his own volition. Richtofen touched the MPD of his own volition.

And let's not forget that prior to that he was a back-alley plastic surgeon / Nazi that loved dead things.

I do support this idea of "breaking the cycle"

Richtofen was crazy without Maxis...

Really. He seemed quite...normal before the MPD incident.

Maxis had nothing to do with the MPD incident. Richtofen built a teleporter of his own volition. Richtofen went to the Moon of his own volition. Richtofen touched the MPD of his own volition.

And let's not forget that prior to that he was a back-alley plastic surgeon / Nazi that loved dead things.

Maxis's disapproval of Richtofen's ideas and experiments led to Richtofen's distrust of Maxis, therefore leading to Richtofen working behind Maxis's back. So Maxis indirectly caused the MPD incident.

• Administrators

Richtofen didn't create the MPD. You can't steal plans for an extraterrestrial object that you didn't even know existed. If you mean the MTD, then it doesn't change anything other than Maxis actually starting to believe that teleportation could be done (and yes, it was). But you are right on the Wunderwaffe halt, Stop Mocking Me.

Richtofen didn't create the MPD. You can't steal plans for an extraterrestrial object that you didn't even know existed. If you mean the MTD, then it doesn't change anything other than Maxis actually starting to believe that teleportation could be done (and yes, it was). But you are right on the Wunderwaffe halt, Stop Mocking Me.

Sorry I'm getting mater transfer device mixed up with ?Pyramid device...

MPD = the pyramid device on the moon.

MTD/MDT (whichever) = the matter-transference devices.

I personally hoped that our O4 from the moon would use the Teleporter located in Area 51 to go back in time and kill either Richtofen or Maxis, which will ultimately prevent the MPD from ever reaching mortal hands (ie Richtofen) and indirectly heal the Earth. After all, didn't the trailer for this map say that every story has a beginning and an end?

As for the Richtofen insanity debate, I must argue that killing Maxis would ultimately prevent the re-unification of Group 935 in 1939, meaning that Richtofen would stay in the war as an information extractor and never even know the MPD existed.