Bank is changing the way we play

Mr. Jay

Its actually not that hard to set up in buried without the bank. You can get well over 7k-8k on round one just by using leroy to kill break down barriers. That can get you jug and a decent weapon and open up most of the doors. Lock down the box, and build all the weapons and you have an svu that can rack up points by giving you 360 points per kill.

Tranzit isn't to hard either. You can turn on the power by round 1. Get the bowie on round 2-3. Get jug on round 4-5 and then hit the box for your desired gun.

I never had a problem setting up for die rise before the bank. Now that we have it, its just gets sped up and I have more fun.

You make a good point here BS, and it shows the other reason why zombies is too easy now.

What was one of the main complaints about Mob of the Dead? Too many doors that are too expensive its too hard! Exactly!! thats how it should be. thats what made der reise great and the blops 1 maps great. in der reise you had to budget points appropriately . you had to make a decision to hit the box and risk getting a Panzerschrek or getting a sure thing off the wall like the thompson. the bank and lack of doors is what has poisoned zombies. Hopefully Origins is bank-free and involved lots of barriers to clear with points... not buy giving moonshine to an oversized redneck

and I hope the last of the bank has been seen with buried. maybe make it a custom option only, but with a bank, its just too damn easy

I kind of agree with you. Motd brought back some of the fun of point budgeting but it wasn't as bad because there was the laundry room.

It all started on moon where you could set up on round 1 if you were good enough. Got easier over time where in transit all you would need to do is wait for the bus or know how to work a teleporter or jump over lava. Transfer over to die rise postpatch and all you need to know is the location and on buried all you need to know is how to knife two zombies. :P

I hope they bring back the multiple doors before you could access power.. I remember the days of Kino budgeting my points and remembering exactly how much points it took to get the bowie knife. Or in Kino how much it would take to get to the mp40. Good time good times. BUT, I also like how the maps are designed in bo2. If you know the map well enough, then it rewards you greatly. so balance it treyarch. Reward the good players bit still make it a little difficult. If I had to point whore for 6 rounds and then be able to access the bank then it would be more fair.

I just had an idea, what about being able to reach the bank door on round 1, but that door costs like 15k? I know it wont happen but still :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had an idea, what about being able to reach the bank door on round 1, but that door costs like 15k? I know it wont happen but still :lol:

That's actually a fantastic compromise to the whole "Bank" issue. The main issue with me over the bank is that you can get to it right off the bat for free or even just 750 points. Giving the door to access it a hefty pricetag would prevent the endless Round 1, but would make late game recoveries possible.

That's actually a fantastic compromise to the whole "Bank" issue. The main issue with me over the bank is that you can get to it right off the bat for free or even just 750 points. Giving the door to access it a hefty pricetag would prevent the endless Round 1, but would make late game recoveries possible.

In transit make that door super powerful and only taken down by symtexs. Make it take 32 symtexs to breach, or 1 monkey bomb. Or put c4 in the bank and make it cost 5k. 1 c4 blows up the bank.

I rarely use the weapon locker, even though I have a pack a punched An-94 in it. I never feel the need for it, it's probably the Black Ops one player in me. I'm so used to getting the gun I want during a game and pack a punching, now it's not a challenge. The bank is useful when I'm doing an EE but other than that, I don't use it. Buried is the easiest map to set up at round 1 at, and that's not always a good thing for us hardcore zombie players. We love the challenge, that's the point of it all. Plus it was fun, I mean, do you want to really have a pack a punch gun, all four perks, at round 1? You know how boring it gets?

Five if you play your cards right, you don't even need the bank:

Qr:0

Remington chalk: 1000

Turn on power via tunnels

Add three chalks: 4000

Release the hillbilly 4250

Open saloon: 3500

Use hill billy on church from far enough away: 4500

Place fourth chalk: 5500

Use hill billy (get lucky) for tramplesteam

Use the tramp. To get in the courthouse and place final chalk 7500

Speed cola: 4500

Jug: 2000

Kill 1250 points worth of zombies: 3250

Use tramplesteam to enter house gate

Open door: 2000

Imediantly buy double tap: 0

Survive house by avoiding ghosts

Free perk

Five perks by round one!

Five if you play your cards right, you don't even need the bank:

Qr:0

Remington chalk: 1000

Turn on power via tunnels

Add three chalks: 4000

Release the hillbilly 4250

Open saloon: 3500

Use hill billy on church from far enough away: 4500

Place fourth chalk: 5500

Use hill billy (get lucky) for tramplesteam

Use the tramp. To get in the courthouse and place final chalk 7500

Speed cola: 4500

Jug: 2000

Kill 1250 points worth of zombies: 3250

Use tramplesteam to enter house gate

Open door: 2000

Imediantly buy double tap: 0

Survive house by avoiding ghosts

Free perk

Five perks by round one!

You should help me get Awaken The Gazebo achievement lol

• Administrators

The bank can have its perks and disadvantages. Like you said jay, it's great for holding onto the Tombstone persistent upgrade when hitting the higher rounds. If you really feel that using the bank in this manner is cheating yourself, then just don't ever use the bank. Simple as that.

I typically just enjoy having a full bank. A good amount of my friends as me to help them with Side Missions so I always make sure to have a hefty pocket full of points. Either way it goes, I can still make a decent amount on my own without so much as opening a way to the bank in a given map.

Sure, we are getting a little too comfortable with the bank. But it's not about how much we have - it's what we utilize it for.

Personally I hate the idea of the bank and the fridge. Zombies used to be contained separate matches that experiences each time you played. There was an early game where you racked up points for perks and weapons, mid game where you saved for Pack-A-Punch and tried to get the essentials such as monkey's or in this case time bombs, and the late game where you're all set to go and the only thing left to do is kill as many as possible before running out of ammo. Now the only part that exists is late game and to me all three phases of a game is what makes Zombies what it is.

While we're on the topic I also dislike the Persistent Upgrades. They are so absurdly overpowered and give you free bonuses for nothing. A free 300 for sniper kills? What were they thinking?

However I do have money stashed in the bank and a Pap'ed gun in the fridge for the one realistic reason I see for it. Joining a match in progress. Sometimes I hop on and my buddies are already in a match, so I jump in, pull a reasonable amount of cash out and depending on how far the game is in grab the gun in the fridge just so I'm not screwed. But other than that I'd rather it not be around. But since I only play with my friends I've got no worries. We all think it's dumb and just don't use it.

Personally I hate the idea of the bank and the fridge. Zombies used to be contained separate matches that experiences each time you played. There was an early game where you racked up points for perks and weapons, mid game where you saved for Pack-A-Punch and tried to get the essentials such as monkey's or in this case time bombs, and the late game where you're all set to go and the only thing left to do is kill as many as possible before running out of ammo. Now the only part that exists is late game and to me all three phases of a game is what makes Zombies what it is.

While we're on the topic I also dislike the Persistent Upgrades. They are so absurdly overpowered and give you free bonuses for nothing. A free 300 for sniper kills? What were they thinking?

However I do have money stashed in the bank and a Pap'ed gun in the fridge for the one realistic reason I see for it. Joining a match in progress. Sometimes I hop on and my buddies are already in a match, so I jump in, pull a reasonable amount of cash out and depending on how far the game is in grab the gun in the fridge just so I'm not screwed. But other than that I'd rather it not be around. But since I only play with my friends I've got no worries. We all think it's dumb and just don't use it.

This. Completely. Took the words right from my mouth.

and the worst part about it, is that there is an entire group of players who experienced zombies for the very first time on tranzit and thus any map that does not have a fridge and bank to them are going to "suck"

i just can't wait for origins not to have a bank or fridge and all the noobies to bitch and bitch and bitch and its going to be a awesome map and they are going to miss it because "wahhh i cant get any moneys out of the banks"

and the worst part about it, is that there is an entire group of players who experienced zombies for the very first time on tranzit and thus any map that does not have a fridge and bank to them are going to "suck"

i just can't wait for origins not to have a bank or fridge and all the noobies to bitch and bitch and bitch and its going to be a awesome map and they are going to miss it because "wahhh i cant get any moneys out of the banks"

Mob of the dead didnt have a bank though.

Personally, I don't think the bank is that bad. The quests are getting harder for the average players, so a little bit of help from the bank would be nice. Of course, we try not to rely on it too much, especially if it's just for pure survival. Also, to stack up money for the bank is pretty hard work, so I think of that as a reward.

Personally, I don't think the bank is that bad. The quests are getting harder for the average players, so a little bit of help from the bank would be nice. Of course, we try not to rely on it too much, especially if it's just for pure survival. Also, to stack up money for the bank is pretty hard work, so I think of that as a reward.

Somebody does not know how to use the buried time-bomb glitch....

You will need:!

Points,

Galvas,

And a time bomb.

1: Take out large amounts of points

2: place time bomb

3: put all points into the "share points" drop thingy using galvas.

4: hit time bomb

5: the drop will still be there and you will have all your points back, effectively DOUBLEING your total points at the time....

Points,

Galvas,

And a time bomb.

5: the drop will still be there and you will have all your points back, effectively DOUBLEING your total points at the time....

That's not exactly a glitch is it? Besides, it's not like everyone gets the time bomb on their first try.

Also, I was referring to quests in general, not just Buried.

I usually keep my bank maxed out, last night I took out 20,000 for the pure hell of it - just put 10,000 back in this morning.

I try to just keep it maxed out and I'm able to get points and try to make Leo build and destroy something they round.

Pack-a-punch separately before round 10. I don't know why but spending my points that I saved feels weird. I'm now only doing it for two perks, and guns. Then I re-put the money back usually in the same game.

Points,

Galvas,

And a time bomb.

That's not exactly a glitch is it? Besides, it's not like everyone gets the time bomb on their first try.

Also, I was referring to quests in general, not just Buried.

You don't need to get it first shot, just keep putting in more and more points until their yours... And the banks carry over, so one could fill their bank in buried and then just do all the quests by round 10 in the other two maps... And I know it's not a glitch, it's taking advantage of something, but "glitch" sounds cooler...

• 1 month later...

Yeah. One can easily get 7 perks, 3pap guns, and a max bank with 1 million points to spare on round one.

I like the option.

We don't have to use it. Sometimes i want 7 perks on round one, go to round 40 without downs and quit.

Sometimes i use whatever the box gives me and skip the bank.

Sometimes i just use wall weapons.

Just like waw's Der Riese, you didn't have to play with 6 pap'd guns while watching aisle 6, but it sure was easier than 2.

The good part of it is that, obviously trollarch is bad at programming, they mistake annoyance and challenge often. So there is lots of annoying unnecessary tedium in their zombie games. Having the bank really alleviates this. Sure, you spend an hour on round one getting 7 perks and 3 pap'd guns, but then your set for the rest of the game.