Bank is changing the way we play

Mr. Jay

Setting up in zombies is crucial, and for many people the most fun aspect of the game. Having the perfect set up is arguably the most important gateway to high rounds.

One of the new popular features in BO2 is the use of bank. For a small fee, one can deposit and withdraw as often as he chooses. The down side to the bank is that perhaps games are starting to become too easy. With the help of the bank, I could get all my perks and set up on round one, something that might take up to 15 rounds to accomplish traditionally. On maps without the bank, we go through grind and pain just to get enough dough to check our needs. We are slowly become spoiled with the acess of banking system.

Buried, is perhaps impossible without the bank. You ever try opening debris with "Leroy" while zombies chasing you? Perhaps avoid hurting Leroy and dodging zombie swarms? How about just trying to generate points in general in the early rounds? Buried in the first ten rounds is by far the hardest map to set up.

Zombie maps have evolved, and so have our gaming strategies. Like other luxuries we can no longer live without, bank is now as crucial as jug in the beginning.

Here is an idea for a challenge, try playing without the bank.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In contrast to how most people here play, I have never really used the bank for set up, it rarely affects my game play at all, I do however use the weapon storage regularly.

But I seem to have very different tastes in how I play zombies to most people, I would much prefer to run to the box in the middle of a round and try to get a gun while fighting off zombies than to wait until the end of a round and keeping a crawler, the same for perks ect.

Personally, unless I'm looking for radios or reading a EE note on a map (Not really applicable to the new maps :roll: )or someone needs to leave a game for a while I really don't like keeping crawlers, just a weird personal preference, of course it is more risky and may not guarantee you 40+ rounds but I find it much more fun

same for the bank, I would rather spend 15, 20 rounds raking up points than get them all on round 1, I don't find setting up for a game to early very fun

I agree.Bank has significantly changed zombies.And not to the better IMO...I use it sometimes but...

Yea I agree here, I slam money in the bank. But refuse to withdraw unless its an EE or achievement based reason. Plus by withdrawing and setting up early means your making the early rounds boring and if your in for the high rounds you don't want it to be repetitive from round 1 to 50.

But I guess it makes sense having the bank. Means all those points you rack up in games can actually have some worth. And for the poorer player it allows them to at times buy themselves more kills or even higher rounds.

Shame there was never any thing bigger you could buy yourself. Like xxxxxxx amount of points could you buy a wonder weapon from the past (or future :roll: ) or even a perk...

This is why I rarely use the bank. You basicly fastforward time to Round 15+

It was never even intented to be in all maps, it was supposed to be a TranZit-only thing. Because the map was so huge it was introduced for the people that didn't want to spend ages on setting up a game, or quickly financially recover from a death.

This in combination with the 'Give-Candy-to-Bigguy' so the Box never moves away makes Buried such an easy - and imo - boring map to play. Good thing the bank won't appear in Origins.

Its actually not that hard to set up in buried without the bank. You can get well over 7k-8k on round one just by using leroy to kill break down barriers. That can get you jug and a decent weapon and open up most of the doors. Lock down the box, and build all the weapons and you have an svu that can rack up points by giving you 360 points per kill.

Tranzit isn't to hard either. You can turn on the power by round 1. Get the bowie on round 2-3. Get jug on round 4-5 and then hit the box for your desired gun.

I never had a problem setting up for die rise before the bank. Now that we have it, its just gets sped up and I have more fun.

Buried, is perhaps impossible without the bank. You ever try opening debris with "Leroy" while zombies chasing you?

What? Buried is probably the easiest map to play WITHOUT using the bank. all the points you get by drawing weapon chalk on walls. even when you have to buy the alcohol for 1000, you actually gain points overall when you give it to the big guy from a pretty far distance. I've made upwards of 1500 at times, for just 1 barrier. and why would you try to do this mid-round? make a crawler, and then have him break down every barricade.

the only time i would even think about withdrawing money is to go to pack-a-punch when playing co-op. if i'm playing solo, i don't have to worry about the witches. i can make it through without getting hit. but if i'm in a party, i don't think i've ever made it through without losing a ton of points.

I agree the bank can spoil people but I find I have more positives to say about it than negatives.

To actually have money in your bank to set up on round one means you've played zombies regularly before and just put those extra points away for a later time so its not like every single random has money every single game. Sure you can whore up a crap tonne and store them but you actually have to work for it to get that much in there in the first place so I see it as kind of a reward for later.

Also it really helps with doing the EE's. Being able to get completely set up on round 1 and do as much as you can as early as possible is key and the bank and gun storage really helps us to accomplish this. The more hardcore players who've been here since the beginning may not like it because it takes some of the challenge away from them but the way I see it is it allows a lot more people to be able to take part in the EE's and actually have fun doing it.

Being able to share points with people is a really nice touch too and that's been something I've always wished was possible since BO1.

If you're sitting there with 50 grand having an awesome game while buddy on your team has 20 downs and is so pissed off that he's ready to leave because he just cant stay up or buy more perks just giving them a bit of money can go a long way .

The only time I've ever really used the bank was for Side Quest set up. Other than that, all it was was an "objective" of sorts. I would hoard money as much as I could, and then attempt to deposit it all before the game ended. Not a super difficult challenge, but it did give me something to do. Now, my bank is filled up.

Anyway, I don't really seem the harm in it. It's not as game-changing as you think. Like you said, it makes it easier to set up. Is that really a bad thing? I mean, we would have had our setups anyway at one round or another. Besides, if you have amazing guns the like the Mark II, and have your ideal setup on the earlier rounds, the waves go by quicker than anything. This effectively leaves you at the round at which you would have most likely got set up in the first place without the bank.

I actually did have to play without the bank for a while, I live out in the country where we can't get good internet, and I have an Xbox, so I can't have a subscription without wasting a ton of money, I had to play local where points aren't saved in the bank, but now I use my brother's account, I have a maxed out bank now, but if he's online when I want to play I have to play without the bank, and it has spoiled me a bit, makes things way too easy.

Buried is just way too easy regardless.

Power is extremely easy to get to, it's almost like it shouldn't even be a task.

Opening the map is easy as fuck. You only really need to clear 5 debris.

1. Church

2. Haunted House

3. Fountain (so you can get back from maze)

4. Juggernog

5. The one between courthouse & tavern

Every round, you get a free booze. That means it should only take 5 rounds, max. It can even be less if you buy booze for 1000.

The mystery box is very easily accessed too. Not to mention chalking weapons on the wall gives you 1000, which basically gives you that weapon. So weapons aren't an issue at all.

After you get Jugg, it's all over from there. It's way too easy. The bank isn't even the problem because I never use the bank and it's still way too god damn easy. It's just the map design.

Not to mention the ghosts give you a FREE perk every so often.

Buried is just way too easy regardless.

Power is extremely easy to get to, it's almost like it shouldn't even be a task.

Opening the map is easy as fuck. You only really need to clear 5 debris.

1. Church

2. Haunted House

3. Fountain (so you can get back from maze)

4. Juggernog

5. The one between courthouse & tavern

Every round, you get a free booze. That means it should only take 5 rounds, max. It can even be less if you buy booze for 1000.

The mystery box is very easily accessed too. Not to mention chalking weapons on the wall gives you 1000, which basically gives you that weapon. So weapons aren't an issue at all.

After you get Jugg, it's all over from there. It's way too easy. The bank isn't even the problem because I never use the bank and it's still way too god damn easy. It's just the map design.

Not to mention the ghosts give you a FREE perk every so often.

Welcome, I'd agree you with all that, plus the buildables make things easier and even building these buildables is proper easy. Just flip the big guy some candy and off he trots. I dont even know where parts are, nor does it matter.

your rite bank does make the game much more easier but if you play burried you can open the whole map and draw every weapon on rd 1 including atleast 4 doors and end up with 5ooo plus points 6ooo if you get a double points and draw one weapon the doors are power, salon, ghost, and upstairs of the parts house next to bank entrance you get 2000 for the last chalk weapon built and opening debree with the bigguy pays you a ton of points depending on how far away you have him from breaking the debreeif you bring him on the steps on the chalk weapons and send him at jug you'll get 1700 plus points and You can do the same for the chalk house just send him there from jug that's where you get most of your points I did all this rd 1 ended up with 6,850 that's jug speed cola and a svu or gun of your choice rd 1 it just takes

patience

Ps you also need the trample steam built to draw thev weapon in speedcola and on top of the saloon

One thing I failed to emphasize, is the advantage of utilizing the bank early on; perma tombstone.

If you purchase four perks before round 4, you have the advantage of keeping your perks when you go down. You would lose quick revive, or your last obtain perk if without QR. This is significant for high rounds.

What evolved with the bank, is the complexity of the maps. More money is necessary and more steps are needed to get to our set up. We only get lazier the more we play, and bank solves a much needed solution to easier set up. Borrow 10-15 grand on round one, get all your things done, put them back after you accumulate 100 Gs.

I dont hate the bank, I actually rely on the bank now. It is a luxury we have come to depend on, a luxury we will complain if they take away.

One thing I failed to emphasize, is the advantage of utilizing the bank early on; perma tombstone.

If you purchase four perks before round 4, you have the advantage of keeping your perks when you go down. You would lose quick revive, or your last obtain perk if without QR. This is significant for high rounds.

What evolved with the bank, is the complexity of the maps. More money is necessary and more steps are needed to get to our set up. We only get lazier the more we play, and bank solves a much needed solution to easier set up. Borrow 10-15 grand on round one, get all your things done, put them back after you accumulate 100 Gs.

I dont hate the bank, I actually rely on the bank now. It is a luxury we have come to depend on, a luxury we will complain if they take away.

Any idea how the tombstone works I've tried numerous times in solo to get it with no luck!!

Any idea how the tombstone works I've tried numerous times in solo to get it with no luck!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think QR is glitched/doesn't count towards the 4 perks. So don't get Quick. Tried a few times on solo, no luck. Did co-op got 4 perks (speed instead of Revive) on round 2 and it worked.

Its actually not that hard to set up in buried without the bank. You can get well over 7k-8k on round one just by using leroy to kill break down barriers. That can get you jug and a decent weapon and open up most of the doors. Lock down the box, and build all the weapons and you have an svu that can rack up points by giving you 360 points per kill.

Tranzit isn't to hard either. You can turn on the power by round 1. Get the bowie on round 2-3. Get jug on round 4-5 and then hit the box for your desired gun.

I never had a problem setting up for die rise before the bank. Now that we have it, its just gets sped up and I have more fun.

You make a good point here BS, and it shows the other reason why zombies is too easy now.

What was one of the main complaints about Mob of the Dead? Too many doors that are too expensive its too hard! Exactly!! thats how it should be. thats what made der reise great and the blops 1 maps great. in der reise you had to budget points appropriately . you had to make a decision to hit the box and risk getting a Panzerschrek or getting a sure thing off the wall like the thompson. the bank and lack of doors is what has poisoned zombies. Hopefully Origins is bank-free and involved lots of barriers to clear with points... not buy giving moonshine to an oversized redneck

and I hope the last of the bank has been seen with buried. maybe make it a custom option only, but with a bank, its just too damn easy

I love the bank. I usually keep it maxed out at 250K.

I rarely use it when solo, unless I'm in a pinch and need a couple K to get something, or if I go down and and need to restock perks.

But where I do use it is when playing with some friends. Of my Xbox friends I'm the most dedicated zombies player. So when we get a 4 player co-op game going I can pull out 100K and give it to the others. Since our time is usually limited, it lets us get started quicker and lets them try out lots of guns and perks and map features right away.

It's great for jumpstarting a co-op game, or doing an EE or achievement.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think QR is glitched/doesn't count towards the 4 perks. So don't get Quick. Tried a few times on solo, no luck. Did co-op got 4 perks (speed instead of Revive) on round 2 and it worked.

Ooo ok, brilliant. Ill give it a bash when I get from work soon. It's been proper bugging me l, as that and flipper are the only two I want. Cheers again and ill let you know how I get on soon!!!

Are you saying buying four perks in solo doesn't work even the 4 don't include QR?

Am I too try it in co op (which is near impossible trying to get randomers to stop killing so I can get perks.

I take it I can't just set up a split screen game in buried and get then that way

Are you saying buying four perks in solo doesn't work even the 4 don't include QR?

Am I too try it in co op (which is near impossible trying to get randomers to stop killing so I can get perks.

I take it I can't just set up a split screen game in buried and get then that way

It should work on solo, just buy Speed Cola instead of Quick Revive (So buy Jugg/Mule/Vulture Aid/Speed in that order). See if you get a green flash (sometimes the flash doesn't appear so) listen to your character saying something, if he does you know you got it.

You make a good point here BS, and it shows the other reason why zombies is too easy now.

What was one of the main complaints about Mob of the Dead? Too many doors that are too expensive its too hard! Exactly!! thats how it should be. thats what made der reise great and the blops 1 maps great. in der reise you had to budget points appropriately . you had to make a decision to hit the box and risk getting a Panzerschrek or getting a sure thing off the wall like the thompson. the bank and lack of doors is what has poisoned zombies. Hopefully Origins is bank-free and involved lots of barriers to clear with points... not buy giving moonshine to an oversized redneck

and I hope the last of the bank has been seen with buried. maybe make it a custom option only, but with a bank, its just too damn easy

I kind of agree with you. Motd brought back some of the fun of point budgeting but it wasn't as bad because there was the laundry room.

It all started on moon where you could set up on round 1 if you were good enough. Got easier over time where in transit all you would need to do is wait for the bus or know how to work a teleporter or jump over lava. Transfer over to die rise postpatch and all you need to know is the location and on buried all you need to know is how to knife two zombies. :P

I hope they bring back the multiple doors before you could access power.. I remember the days of Kino budgeting my points and remembering exactly how much points it took to get the bowie knife. Or in Kino how much it would take to get to the mp40. Good time good times. BUT, I also like how the maps are designed in bo2. If you know the map well enough, then it rewards you greatly. so balance it treyarch. Reward the good players bit still make it a little difficult. If I had to point whore for 6 rounds and then be able to access the bank then it would be more fair.

I hate the bank as well... It just allows everyone and their brother to get everything they need by round 3... Then the rest of the journey is SUPER repetitive...

I do however use this bank for easter eggs... How much amo I waist on that stupid buried EE is almost unbareable...

Hopefully the last map will be like MOTD or survival maps, where there is no bank... The weapons storage system seems ok, and not too OP, but the bank is a bit of a no-no...

I hate the bank as well... It just allows everyone and their brother to get everything they need by round 3... Then the rest of the journey is SUPER repetitive...

I do however use this bank for easter eggs... How much amo I waist on that stupid buried EE is almost unbareable...

Hopefully the last map will be like MOTD or survival maps, where there is no bank... The weapons storage system seems ok, and not too OP, but the bank is a bit of a no-no...

Agreed