Here's An Idea

EvilHERONeos

What i'm thinking is, to make things line up a tad bit, there is a teleporter in Origins. Now you remember when you get zapped back into Kino where there's a chance that you get throw into one of Sam's rooms? Well I think they could do something similar like that, except they be little inserts of WaW maps. It'd be a nice reference and make some sense that they CAN time travel into previous locations. And would add speculation of whether not Moon will return to further the O4's story in BOIII or if (I MEAN IF) they release another DLC map pack. (IF IF IF IF).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i'm thinking is, to make things line up a tad bit, there is a teleporter in Origins. Now you remember when you get zapped back into Kino where there's a chance that you get throw into one of Sam's rooms? Well I think they could do something similar like that...

I like that you referenced Kino as an existing explanation of time and space travel in zombies.

While I don't think we will pop into previous maps, I do think this is a good explanation for how time travel can be used to explain things going on in Origins: yellow eyes, the robot, zeppelins popping in and out, electrical storms, weather changes, etc.

I agree and disgaree on the idea of a teleporter.

I like it as it adds mystery, story, and the possibility of seeing parts of old maps AKA nostalgia. And we can ruminate (if that is the right word) on why. Could even lead to PAP. Or we can teleport to other places in this HUGE map.

I also do NOT like it because it is an old thing. Yes its a teleporter but i was hoping for newer and more exciting ways to transport AKA the tank.

I like teleporters that have a specific use. Like the one in Buried is perfect. It's not the main focal point of the map, just a path to get to somewhere you normally wouldn't be able to.

I honestly think that this last map is going to lay down the ground work for the next installment of zombies whatever that may be. (blops3 or stand alone, whatever)

If they find a way to change something to the timeline in Origins then the possibility of reimagining the old maps is very plausible. Not within the map Origins itself but in the future installment of zombies. Picture like they did with Firing range, summit, and stadium. Spice it up, possibly change or add some things. It's a messy business playing around with classics but I am one of those people who can get past that and be thankful to have those classics back in whatever form makes since to the dev team.

Imagine if some of the technology were to change. A map like Der Reise may have some "diesel punk" injected into it. Some other paths and buildings, and some real quality texturing. With a new engine or even with Blops2 upgrades I think it would be fun to have those maps back all fresh and shiny with new ways to tell the story that weren't available to them the first run through.

But like I said, it'd be a messy biz and the old timers would likely be pretty pissed but if Treyarch were to do it right I think they would come around in no time.

Just my opinion. I really want to play my old maps with all the new upgrades, features, and feel of blops2. It's just not the same going back.