Samuel Has The Maxis Diary?

(I'm a bit new here, so I apologize if I make any mistakes. I'm crossposting this from reddit.com, so there's most likely gonna be mistake in the formatting)

Original post here, thanks /u/AnusHole for cracking this egg wide open

Picture of said book, courtesy of /u/SaggyBuries

In case you didn't know, Samuel has a book in his vest in Buried and possibly other maps. I know the Zombies community has been involved in numerous tinfoil theories, but this one may have some merit. What if it is Maxis' diary? Stu doesn't seem like the type read books or to write down his thoughts and feelings, and even if he did, we would've at least had a loading screen entry of his work at some point. Speaking of loading screens, ever wonder about the Maxis diary entries?

Sure, it can just be a little insight to this whole situation in a canonical (and cheaper compared to new radios and voicelines) form. What if there was something more to it? How can we be getting all this information if the book hadn't been found. Maxis is hesitant to talk about his plan for total control, so obviously he's not letting a group of imbeciles read his thoughts and personal opinions on topics.

"But Gaaame! Where's your proof? You're not "Perform Actions in an Activity in the Middle"! You're right, I'm not them, so I won't be talking about France today. Recently, I've stumbled upon a post by the lovely CoDz forums that contained quotes that pertained to a story in either a minor, or major way. Samuel has some quotes in Buried which I find is very very interesting. Particularly "Oh - it's this book! It's cursed!". Even though he doesn't provide audio proof of the quote, I'll happily trust a regular poster in the forums.

How did Sam even find the Diary? Why did he keep it? Was it the voices? Answers to that and more on the next episode of "As the Post Apocalyptic World Turns"!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This is very, very interesting. I didn't know that he held onto a book, nor did I know that there was quote for it. I haven't heard it yet so I'll have to rely on someone else that has access to the quotes to find it. This is incredible, really! He might indeed have certain pages to his diary; we only see the journal entries from Maxis when playing as the new crew too. I can't fathom what else the book might be.

This is his character model (ignoring Misty) from Die Rise. It looks like he may have a book in the same pocket but I don't exactly have the best picture of him at the moment.

This is from Tranzit. He for sure does not have a book. Do you realize that this means Samuel could have very well picked up the exact journal Maxis last wrote in before coming into Griffin Station? What you've said matches up almost perfectly now. Remarkable! We need more insight on this. Thank you for bringing this to light, friendo. +1 and much more to you. :)

Very great find! Remarkable like Lithium said.

To support this, I've taken another look at Samuel's quotes and apart from the quote you've provided there is another one which seems very interesting.

"Damn diary...voices... I don't need this s--t! I REALLY, really don't!"

These are from Die Rise. He might have even more to say about this 'book' in Buried but I haven't checked those quotes yet.

Again, very interesting indeed and kudos for finding this!

Very great find! Remarkable like Lithium said.

To support this, I've taken another look at Samuel's quotes and apart from the quote you've provided there is another one which seems very interesting.

"Damn diary...voices... I don't need this s--t! I REALLY, really don't!"

These are from Die Rise. He might have even more to say about this 'book' in Buried but I haven't checked those quotes yet.

Again, very interesting indeed and kudos for finding this!

No problem. It was more or less dumb luck that I even saw the quotes and the thread I linked around the same time. During a quick game of Die Rise, I noticed his character model didn't have a book on him, yet according to his quotes he still talks about it. I wonder if he ever talked about it in TranZit though. He may have more to say in Buried, but I'm gonna try to pinpoint WHEN he got the book.

I noticed his character model didn't have a book on him, yet according to his quotes he still talks about it. ~~ He may have more to say in Buried, but I'm gonna try to pinpoint WHEN he got the book.

Perhaps Treyarch had this idea of Stu possessing Maxis' Diary back in Die Rise, then when they realized nobody was paying attention to it they put the book on Stu's character model in Buried so it would be more noticeable. That would explain why he mentions it in Die Rise but doesn't visually appear to have any book of sorts until the events of Buried. Really liking where this is going.

Perhaps Treyarch had this idea of Stu possessing Maxis' Diary back in Die Rise, then when they realized nobody was paying attention to it they put the book on Stu's character model in Buried so it would be more noticeable. That would explain why he mentions it in Die Rise but doesn't visually appear to have any book of sorts until the events of Buried. Really liking where this is going.

To be honest, it does seem kinda fishy how after all this time there was no mention by any one of us about it. Usually, we'd be all over this stuff by now. I'm worried that the book quotes were cut, but if they were, why is on Samuel's model in Buried? Gah, my guess is that it's another plot point Team Zombies didn't focus on (Like The Rift, Russman's past, Marlton's occupation, the official reason why Sam hears voices, where the crew went after Die Rise)

Thanks to the talented ZombieGK, I now know that he picked up the diary before/during the events of TranZit. If Tranzit takes place in Hanford, how could he get the diary? We know he appears to have known Russ for a long time (His fondness of him, his Die Rise "I'm coming for you Daddy! Err- Daddy-O" quote) so my guess he picked it up while Russ worked at Broken Arrow. Once again, it really annoys me for Treyarch to present such juicy info and then not answer any of the questions laid out. Meh, time constraints suck.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators

By any chance is the brain count broken? Because one of the comments here said "Brains for you" Yet the actual post has no brains in the meter. This would explain why some people have more than a thousand posts yet very few brains. Just wondering.

Pretty much what GC has explained, the brains system had not been in operation for about two years. Just this past January the entire forum was upgraded and the system was reintroduced along with many other features. So in many older posts members will use the term brains to basically say nice post. If you see an older post you enjoyed definitely give it some brains.