The Robot

Nemesis_96

Okay, I lost the post because I changed tabs on my ipad so I'm going to write this again in as few wor as possible!

Robot = awesome, but how in 1914??

Consider NDU loading screen:

What if its Maxis, taking plans from Group 935 near the end of WWII to construct the robot in 1914 (or before) because there's no point building it when they've already lost.

He also makes the Mauser (I guess, from blueprints)

This means Origins is set AFTER everything that's happened so far, even through in time it's set before.

Edit: I know the cartoon shows him going to 1945, but that doesn't mean he went FURTHER back in time; thee blue stream seems to continue off the page!

Just a thought

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say it doesn't make sense. Interesting theory. If this is the case, then Treyarch has been planning this map since Black Ops 1. Now that's interesting.

Considering the audio files from Kino Der Toten about The Great Leap Forward on the Wii I wouldn't doubt that they've had all this planned out for a very long time.

Ja I agree, I wouldn't say that they had all this planned since Nacht Der, but I believe alot of planning ahead began in Shi No Numa and Der Riese.

Definitely since Der Riese. The photos of CotD on the billboards and since kino was suppose to be on WaW they've had all this planned since WaW days. That's crazy.

If I made a game I would have the story written out for at least 5 games. That way if the first one happens to be successful the continuation would make sense. And there would definitely be a lot of twists and turns also. All the good stories are like this. Jk Rowling didn't write the first harry potter without thinking of how it would end.

If I made a game I would have the story written out for at least 5 games. That way if the first one happens to be successful the continuation would make sense. And there would definitely be a lot of twists and turns also. All the good stories are like this. Jk Rowling didn't write the first harry potter without thinking of how it would end.

True but where the got the time to work on these maps and make all of these little connections and this truly huge story is crazy. Now that I think about it they must have had this planned since Verruckt, with the writings on the wall and FEAR TEDDY written on there too.

I could definitely see them finally connection Nacht into the bigger story like this. Very interesting.

Like you guys say, I'm not entirely sure that this has been planned since so long ago.

Although, thinking about it, that loading screen came out at the end of Black Ops, so it wasn't all that long ago in terms of maps released since then.

I could be entirely wrong lol, but I reckon they've had the idea for origins for a while, like CotD in the Der Riese boards as you say, Vhyl. :)

I don't think they planned THAT far while still on World at War... Like up to the end of Black Ops since there is a picture for Paris (and was replaced with Moon, I still don't like that) but I don't think it was Black Ops II...

I just think they plan for the next game when their game comes out.

Like you guys say, I'm not entirely sure that this has been planned since so long ago.

Although, thinking about it, that loading screen came out at the end of Black Ops, so it wasn't all that long ago in terms of maps released since then.

I could be entirely wrong lol, but I reckon they've had the idea for origins for a while, like CotD in the Der Riese boards as you say, Vhyl. :)

since a lot of people didn't get the classic maps in black ops 1 until rezurrection I can see where you might thing it "wasn't that long" but remember the classic maps came with the hardened edition. so they've been set since long before the release in november 2011.

to the point though, I don't think they had the entire story as much planned out from the beginning. because remember, a "paris" map of sorts was rumored for dlc 4 for blops1 and they decided to be more ambitious and go to the moon.

i think there is far more community monitoring than we remember. They have little intricacies and images and easter eggs in the maps, and then as the community discusses them and theorizes, they take what they like and expand on it and further the connections in future maps.

In fact I remember Colin Ayers at cod xp i believe it was explaining, that they originally came up with the samantha character name, because the community almost unanimously named her based on that sound the zombies made (which was actualy just a random scream sound that happened to sound like "sam")

so in closing, yes i think they have some ideas laid out in advance and some possible story arcs, but it is also very fluid, and we as a community have a lot of say in where that fluid flows

Oh shoot, of course the Hardened edition, I forgot. Still, it's possible they had the idea for Origins back then but didn't have the means to encorporate it into the story flow of the time.

I remember watching that about how they named Sam, I felt a but uneasy at how improvised that was, but also rather impressed that one of us had basically invented Sam!

Anyhoo, I've laid out my idea, I really don't know if there's any accuracy in it, and there's not really anything I can add to it now lol. We'll just have to wait for the map to see how there can be a huge robot in WWI!