Futuristic Weapons

As we all know, a lot of the weapons in zombies mode on Black Ops 2 either comes from the first Black Ops or they come from the multiplayer portion of Black Ops 2. Some of the weapons are bad, while some are pretty good (I really like the Type 25, M27 and LSAT). But overall, I prefer to have the weapons from Black Ops instead of Black Ops 2, or at least weapons from the time period of the map (Mob of the Dead, Origins). Although they are considered non-canon, I just don't like seeing the futuristic weapons appearing in the new maps, as they have most likely not been created yet (Type 25, LSAT, etc.) and I just prefer the Black Ops zombie weapons overall. For maps like Mob of the Dead and Origins, I would have like weapons coming from that time period. For example, in Mob of the Dead, they should have the weapons from World at War like the Kar98k, PPSh-41, MG42, etc. appear instead of weapons like Death Machine (which should have been a power up in my opinion), AK-47 (even though I really like it), PDW-57, etc. But this is just my opinion.

What are your guys opinions? Did you guys like the futuristic weapons? Do you prefer to have the original weapons from previous zombie maps (or weapons from specific time periods)?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually alot of the weapons are real. The LSAT for instance is a replacement for the Marine Corp. squad automatic weapon (SAW), that is lighter and move versatile, in use today.

I think he meant they haven't been created for the time period in the map.

But yes many of the weapons in BO2 aren't really future weapons. Even if it's only 2025 they could have done a much better job on new weapons and such for that future feel.

I still love the WaW weapons best.

PPSH

MG42

Browning

STG-44

Mp40

Thompson

and many more great weapons

I actually like most of the BO2 weapons better than the BO weapons, but yeah they shouldn't be there for past maps like MotD and Origins. World War II weapons were by far the best (and may I say, unique in comparison to most zombie games).

When most Zombie Games take place in the modern day and feature countless Assault Rifles and Shotguns It was a unique set of weapons, but they justify it by being lazy to recode it.

I'm sure Treyarch would've liked to have more era specific weapons for the various maps, but like TheRealMistyBriarton said, they went the lazy route and decided to dedicate their time to working on other game mechanics. I was disappointed to hear that Origins will only have two new WWI era weapons that we've never seen before, but it should be expected since MOTD only had one weapon of its time period, the Tommy Gun.

I'm sure Treyarch would've liked to have more era specific weapons for the various maps, but like TheRealMistyBriarton said, they went the lazy route and decided to dedicate their time to working on other game mechanics. I was disappointed to hear that Origins will only have two new WWI era weapons that we've never seen before, but it should be expected since MOTD only had one weapon of its time period, the Tommy Gun.

Actually it had two weapons in its time period, the M1927 and the M1911. Or it could be three if you count the Ray Gun.