whats your favorite map, and explain why?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shi No Numa. The design was just so perfect. Holding out in one of the four locations with three friends, randomized perks, electric traps/flogger and for the first time ever - hellhounds that would 3hit down you no matter what [probably the only one that misses that]. That was so much fun. Also introduced us to the Crew and the bzzzt! awesome DG-2.

This is really tough because I have like 3 number one maps but going way back to what first got me interested in doing Easter Eggs and learning the whole story behind zombies was Ascension.

I didn't own WaW back in the day, I would just play zombies whenever I went over to a friend's house that did so I didn't REALLY get into zombies and fall head over heels until Black ops so I didn't really know much about the DLC maps for WaW or even that there was a story being told in zombies until Ascension.

When I first found out that there were these crazy side quests in zombies that would get you not only an achievement but an in game reward I was like "WHAT?!" just completely blown away and stoked it try it and learn all I can. I pretty much ended up quitting my job back then because all I could think about or want to do was play zombies lol, my best friend used to like playing zombies split screen with me but I played zombies so much back then that I drove him to hate it because there would never be a time that he would come over that I wouldn't be playing it. I pretty much literally did nothing else for months on end.

This map still to this day is just an overall fun map to play, its one of the easiest for sure but introducing Flopper and giving us a map that size to run around and discover things in was awesome.

All time fav is a bit hard, can I just give a top 3?

-Mob of the Dead

The story and mystery behind it, and all the added extras were perfect. Spots of the map are fun to hold out in and traversing the whole map is always fun. Not a fan of some spots on the map though

-Kino Der Toten

You seriously can't go wrong with this map, in itself it's just incredible

(Also my first zombies experience, so I'm kinda sentimental)

-Verrukt

One of my favourite WaW maps, mostly due to the difficulty curve at higher rounds but like Kino, it's fun for training and circling the map

There are too damn many to talk about... you're killin meh.

1: Once upon a time Shi No Numa was my all time favorite map. It had a beautiful environment, was the first non nazi map as well as the first map with the O4, and had a huge focus on fun. Really, camping out in those buildings was the highlight of WaW for me. The black ops version killed it, though, and I've lost my desire to really play it. Also, only one of my friends has WaW, and there aren't randoms playing it anymore, so I really couldn't get the full experience anyways.

2: Call of the Dead is another. Like Shi No Numa, it has a cool (haha puns), unique environment. The easter egg was one of the best because it wasn't frustrating and had to do with our favorite 4. George also presented us with fun, forced us to change up strategy to not shoot him.

3: Moon or buried, not really sure which. Both really just stepped up their game in adding alot, and that makes me enjoy them. Moon's easter egg is nicer that buried's, however. Damn target practice...

Also, Der Riese and Ascension were never really that great. Fun, but both get pretty stale. Especially now when all maps pretty much have everything in those and more.

Call of the dead : Beautiful map, excellent training locations and overall fun to shoot zombies with AK74u near the beach, extremely difficult to get high rounds >70.

Ascension: PHD flopper, Stamin up Thundergun, Fun First room, and the last map for Traps. What more can you ask for?

Call of the dead : Beautiful map, excellent training locations and overall fun to shoot zombies with AK74u near the beach, extremely difficult to get high rounds >70.

Ascension: PHD flopper, Stamin up Thundergun, Fun First room, and the last map for Traps. What more can you ask for?

Ascension is probably my favorite BO1 map, but I could care less for PhD or Stamin-Up, but hey.

My favorite from black ops 2 so far has to Mob of the Dead from the aesthetic of the map to the mysterious story sounding the four characters and a relatively fun EE. I still watch that "where are we Going" trailer for Mob every now and again and it gives me goosebumps. Just so well done.

Buried has been the most fun and re-playable, but this map is troll heaven so sometimes its hard to not get pissed off playing with randoms, too many uber camping spots and invincibility glitches for people to take advantage of too and it just kind of kills the game I think when everyone in your lobby is only interested into going to some crazy high round by sitting in a corner shooting straight in front of you not moving except to get ammo for hours on end.

W@W- Der Riese, it was just a great map and I think it was the real hook that brought people back in BO1.

BO1- Ascension, super open map that made it easy for four players. The EE was cool, but wasn't required and the characters had the coolest costumes.

BO2- Buried. Because I can stand in one spot for 60 rounds with out making a crawler or buying ammo/weapons.

If I had to choose a map you actually had to try at, I would say Nuke town zombies. We still don't know everything about it, I like the BO1 feel and it's my favorite MP map turned zombies.

I never got a chance to mess around with the WaW maps, but I can definitely say "Moon". Moon combined challenges with sweet, sweet rewards. Sure, there was a "gimmick" to it, but at least flying in low gravity was fun. There was always a risk (Decompressing from grenades, excavators, losing Jugg right after you teleported back and the Astronaut) but the rewards felt balanced enough (Hacker's uses, the Easter Egg's rewards, and a Gersh Device "accidentally" glitching out the Astro Zombie). I don't think any other map could beat the fun of Moon in my opinion.

Also, YOU'RE ON THE MOON! THE! MOON! It feels so natural to us now, but can you imagine if you went back in time and say DLC 4 was on the MOON?

There are so many to choose from... so I'll have to give you a top three (baring in mind that I've never played Ascension, CoTD or Shangri-La.):

Everything about it screams 'manic, crazy games', small corridors and randomised perks along with a great verticality layout makes this map for me. Something different and unique with I really enjoy!

I only got to play this on 'Black Ops' but my oh my wasn't this an experience! This shows that Treyarch do not need to make HUGE maps to make a brilliant survival experience, the concept of splitting teams up and with the area being so small it made it feel like you had to work as a team which I personally think is missing from some of the later/bigger maps.

This map gave SO much and makes this map thoroughly enjoyable when playing online with randoms, bringing back a team work like aspect (with searching for these parts) while also giving individuals as part of a team a chance to go off and take a few chances.

Story seems to be the key focus within this map and it is told in so many different ways, quotations, musical changes, writings on walls etc.

The whole afterlife thing was a good idea and the whole quest idea where you have to go around and you can take lots of items and see what you need to do is amazing! I actually wished they'd had put the quest log in 'Buried' as I loved it.

Finally the quotations and musical score was just the best! The music really set the scene and the actors did a brilliant job with the characters (although all the N4 & O4 quotations are still great I felt these were just top notch, setting both tone and characters in one map).

If you had to tie me down then I suppose I would have to choose MoTD, it is just enjoyable and great fun to play although this does mean longer games, which I do not always want.

Mine would have to be verruckt, becuase theres so much mystery behind it, just the writings on the wall, and everything about it gives it such a creepy vibe, i love it.

Now what are your guys favorites?

That's my favorite map as well. The people crying, the dude getting drilled on, the sign saying unattended children will be sold to the circus. It's a morbid map, very fitting for the zombie universe. Next up would probably be moon, it's got the hacker, and everyone can get it!

Mine would have to be verruckt, becuase theres so much mystery behind it, just the writings on the wall, and everything about it gives it such a creepy vibe, i love it.

Now what are your guys favorites?

That's my favorite map as well. The people crying, the dude getting drilled on, the sign saying unattended children will be sold to the circus. It's a morbid map, very fitting for the zombie universe. Next up would probably be moon, it's got the hacker, and everyone can get it!

Sign?where?