O4 Character development

Doppelgänger

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this necrophelia idea coming from?

1917 - Characters approx. 20 years old.. Flash ahead to WWII 1939.. 21 more years.. That'd put them about 41.. VERY reasonable.

You mean 1946. Or 48+. Not that reasonable.

You obviously haven't been around any 48 year old Marines.. They'd kick your ass with ease.

This is agreed, through out of all of them Nikolai seems the least realistic, he seems to have forgot to take care of himself in between the World War's.

My dad is 44. He's old, gained fifty pounds in twenty years, and a retired paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne who fought in Desert Storm. He is dead last on the list of people I'd like to get in a fight with.

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but 44 isn't old lol. You must be quite young.

Where is this necrophelia idea coming from?

1917 - Characters approx. 20 years old.. Flash ahead to WWII 1939.. 21 more years.. That'd put them about 41.. VERY reasonable.

You mean 1946. Or 48+. Not that reasonable.

You obviously haven't been around any 48 year old Marines.. They'd kick your ass with ease.

Russman is 80+ yet he can kill zombies. But you know what? He at least LOOKS 80+. The original characters literally re-used the models of previously existing characters in the WWII campaign, most of which were in their 30's, not 50's. The idea that they are in their 50's is not one forthcoming. The characters appearing here in roughly their 20's in 1917 forces us to accept the UNLIKELY idea that they are in their 50's in the other maps, based only on pre-map evidence.

And pre-map evidence is simply a term for speculation. So if you want to get snarky, please save it until the map comes out, okay? Okay.

Wait, since when is Russian 80+? I'm not doubting it; I just don't remember ever hearing that.

I always assumed the O4 were in their 40s or so just based in appearances alone. With a bit of a stretch, I could imagine them being in their 50s. The problem is that they don't really look 18 in origins so they must be at least 50.

Again, just pre-map speculation. Besides the storyline is riddled with time travel and space-time rifts, so you never know.

Russman is 80+ yet he can kill zombies. But you know what? He at least LOOKS 80+. The original characters literally re-used the models of previously existing characters in the WWII campaign, most of which were in their 30's, not 50's. The idea that they are in their 50's is not one forthcoming. The characters appearing here in roughly their 20's in 1917 forces us to accept the UNLIKELY idea that they are in their 50's in the other maps, based only on pre-map evidence.

And pre-map evidence is simply a term for speculation. So if you want to get snarky, please save it until the map comes out, okay? Okay.

Actually, the original characters would be at least in their 30's during the Origins era, at least Richtofen. I would assume Takeo as well. WWII started in the 1930's and lasted until the mid-40's. Edward is at least in his lower 50's. His hair is starting to grey. He's the eldest. 1917-1937(WW2 beginnings) is 20 years later so it makes sense.

Okay, lets place their ages based on appearance.

Dempsey looks pretty much anywhere from 25 to 50. He is clearly the youngest with the least wrinkles and signs of age. His hair has gotten lighter since WWI. He again looks the youngest in origins, and is probably in his early 20s I mean, compared to the others he still looks fairly fresh faced. Lets face it, military guys are often the toughest of the tough, especially marines. He must have still been exceptional later on in life, and his lower rank could be due to him wanting to be on the front lines

Nikolai looks late 40s to mid 50s, judging from his wrinkly Russian face. As for why he's still in the army, look to the bios. He was dropped on the front lines because of Stalin's fear of him.

Takeo can't be much more than 50, but given his japanese heritage and his skill in battle he probably chose to just stay in the army. Fairly simple.

Richtofen is clearly the oldest with the streaks of grey in his hair. Probably mid to late 50s, maybe even into his 60s. He is supposedly a general based on the rank on his shoulder. He is the least surprising.

Honestly the only surprising one would be Dempsey, but really in the campaign for BO2 they had 58 year olds that looked younger than Dempsey going on dangerous missions, so it isn't hard to believe that Dempsey would be this age.

Honestly the only surprising one would be Dempsey, but really in the campaign for BO2 they had 58 year olds that looked younger than Dempsey going on dangerous missions, so it isn't hard to believe that Dempsey would be this age.

Much truth spoken here. I don't think Treyarch sees age as an issue in there games and I don't think we should either.

M I THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS LIKE NIKOLAI LOOKS LIKE REZNOV??? Sorry for the caps but i just wanna get this out of my chest. Now you can call me stupid and crazy but they look sooooo familiar and also i dont see how this nikolai resembles the old one.....maybe i am just bad with faces

i thought this!!!! its the eyes man :/ lol

My dad is 44. He's old, gained fifty pounds in twenty years, and a retired paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne who fought in Desert Storm. He is dead last on the list of people I'd like to get in a fight with.

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but 44 isn't old lol. You must be quite young.

I'm seventeen, bruh. He's kind of old-ish.

Okay, lets place their ages based on appearance.

Dempsey looks pretty much anywhere from 25 to 50. He is clearly the youngest with the least wrinkles and signs of age. His hair has gotten lighter since WWI. He again looks the youngest in origins, and is probably in his early 20s I mean, compared to the others he still looks fairly fresh faced. Lets face it, military guys are often the toughest of the tough, especially marines. He must have still been exceptional later on in life, and his lower rank could be due to him wanting to be on the front lines

Nikolai looks late 40s to mid 50s, judging from his wrinkly Russian face. As for why he's still in the army, look to the bios. He was dropped on the front lines because of Stalin's fear of him.

Takeo can't be much more than 50, but given his japanese heritage and his skill in battle he probably chose to just stay in the army. Fairly simple.

Richtofen is clearly the oldest with the streaks of grey in his hair. Probably mid to late 50s, maybe even into his 60s. He is supposedly a general based on the rank on his shoulder. He is the least surprising.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. 8-)

The way I would describe it is that before touching the pyramid, he was sadistic. After touching it, he became insane and hearing voices. I expect to see the sadistic Richtofen.

I wouldn't go as far as to say sadistic. Just perhaps necrofilic and nihilistic, perhaps. But we'll see soon enough.

First, love the sig.

Second, don't forget in closet homosexual (Nothing wrong with that, so don't jump down my throat.) who has a strange obsession with Spleens, and Dempsey's anus.

"Richtofen, just because we're its dark in here doesn't mean I can't kick your ass." SLAP "So keep your finger out of mine!"

• Administrators

The way I would describe it is that before touching the pyramid, he was sadistic. After touching it, he became insane and hearing voices. I expect to see the sadistic Richtofen.

I wouldn't go as far as to say sadistic. Just perhaps necrofilic and nihilistic, perhaps. But we'll see soon enough.

First, love the sig.

Second, don't forget in closet homosexual (Nothing wrong with that, so don't jump down my throat.) who has a strange obsession with Spleens, and Dempsey's anus.

"Richtofen, just because we're its dark in here doesn't mean I can't kick your ass." SLAP "So keep your finger out of mine!"

Sadistic: The deriving of pleasure or sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.

"I bet that hurts doesn't it... GOOD!"

"I take your pain... I put my straw in it! *slurping sounds* And I DRINK IT UP!!"

"You remind me of Patient 13225... Only you make less noise when I stick things in you..."

"I don't know who Jim Bowie was, but he must have been BIG and LONG and SHARP..."

"With this the doctor can go for a very long time. Did that turn you on?"