New power-up drop?

scottyboy8341

Yeah, it's not much. You'd be surprised at how efficient they can make those weapons. More data goes into the scenery to be honest. The Black Ops weapons are about 300 MB. So the WWII weapons you can estimate about 2-3 hundred MB. And that is not much at all in the grand scheme of things.

I just wanted to back way up because having the WWII weapons back would be awesome. Even if it won't happen.

They won't refuse to do it because of file size. They'll refuse to do it because they're lazy.

Micro-transactions for weapons? I want that, please.

I wouldn't... It's hard enough to get the Blundergat from the box...

Actually, I see these micro-transactions working more like class sets. You pick what weapon set you want to be in the box, and the box will give you those guns instead of the BOII guns (with the exceptions of the Ray Gun, RGM2, and any other wonder weapons the map may have, which will always be in the box).

Better yet would be if different people could play with different weapon sets. Ex., if I set my weapon set to WaW and my friend set his to BO1, even if we're in the same game I'd only get WaW weapons out of the box, and he'd only get BO1 weapons.

Personally, though, I'd like to see the micro-transaction idea for zombies used on classic maps ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you need to understand is that a lot of the "essential" ideas are taken. When you suggest the DOA chicken (for example) that essentially gives you a death machine. Increased firepower. A lot of ideas revolve around the incredibly played-out "kill zombies faster" idea.

It would be cool if there were a power-up that turns all spawned zombies into crawlers. The icon could be a machete or tak's katana. It would buy you time, as well as give you the opportunity to get a few freebie headshots. So that's nice.

What if out new persistent upgrades became drops. A vest for jugger-pro. A drill for carpenter-pro. A needle for qr-pro. A fraction (1/2) for half off. A teddy near for better guns. Just some examples.

Since I've never liked persistent at all since they were first found on TranZit I've always thought they would be better in the form of a drop. Then I wouldn't mind them so much.

What if there were weapon type specific drops? Like an AR drop and SMG and Sniper and LMG

AR drop could be that any kill with an AR would grant you Higher damage with HS

Sniper drop could be that you can get bigger collateral's during drop time

Sub-Machine gun would grant an extra 15 shots per clip (since most SMG's have a high rate of fire)

LMG would be reduced recoil

I think stuff like that would be pretty neat.

I always thought it would be cool to have the PPSH as a drop. It would be helpful for killing zombies but mostly for racking up an ungodly amount of points during the time you have it. Similarly to the death machine, picking this up at the wrong time can be really inconvenient, but overall it would be nice to have some firepower, spray'n'pray points, and a fan favorite return.

I always thought it would be cool to have the PPSH as a drop. It would be helpful for killing zombies but mostly for racking up an ungodly amount of points during the time you have it. Similarly to the death machine, picking this up at the wrong time can be really inconvenient, but overall it would be nice to have some firepower, spray'n'pray points, and a fan favorite return.

I LOVE THIS IDEA. SIGNED!

What if out new persistent upgrades became drops. A vest for jugger-pro. A drill for carpenter-pro. A needle for qr-pro. A fraction (1/2) for half off. A teddy near for better guns. Just some examples.

This would be quite the amaze-balls.

I cannot think of a single legit new power up. We already have perks, ammo, insta kill, 2x points, nuke, death machine, fire sale, and we've had random weapons in the past. It's going to be i teresting to see what this new power up will be.

Indeed, it's hard to imagine what else they could add without it seeming to OP. we seemingly have what we need...

I had an idea once that I posted on another thread...Would be great if they implemented it or something similar.

A "Berserker" power-up.

Once picked up, the player (and/or team) puts his gun away and goes bare-handed on the zombies. The screen goes red and the zombies run away in fear. The player is invincible during the power-up, gains 10x movement/melee speed, and can slash left/right with the triggers or tackle/rush with the melee button. Gore will also be multiplied, so that the Zombies are rendered into tiny little pieces.

Basically it's like a red Insta-Kill, but better because the animations are more interesting (could even work in rage-filled screams from the character) and the zombies are afraid of you. It's a chance to rack up a ton of points, but don't get too deep chasing the zombies because when the power-up ends there is also a cool down where you will not have your guns back for 1/5 the time the power-up was active nor will you be able to melee, throw grenades, or use equipment/traps. All you can do for a short time after you "berserk" is run away. (if equipment was put down prior, it will still be active, i.e. you can try to hide behind a tramplesteam until you get your hands back)

I had an idea once that I posted on another thread...Would be great if they implemented it or something similar.

A "Berserker" power-up.

Once picked up, the player (and/or team) puts his gun away and goes bare-handed on the zombies. The screen goes red and the zombies run away in fear. The player is invincible during the power-up, gains 10x movement/melee speed, and can slash left/right with the triggers or tackle/rush with the melee button. Gore will also be multiplied, so that the Zombies are rendered into tiny little pieces.

Basically it's like a red Insta-Kill, but better because the animations are more interesting (could even work in rage-filled screams from the character) and the zombies are afraid of you. It's a chance to rack up a ton of points, but don't get too deep chasing the zombies because when the power-up ends there is also a cool down where you will not have your guns back for 1/5 the time the power-up was active nor will you be able to melee, throw grenades, or use equipment/traps. All you can do for a short time after you "berserk" is run away. (if equipment was put down prior, it will still be active, i.e. you can try to hide behind a tramplesteam until you get your hands back)

The idea of a random cool-down time in itself I think would be confusing. Players would just be like "Why can't I move?" I think if they were to add effects like dizziness and disorientation, it would be better. But it can only last a few seconds or the players themselves would get dizzy and the Power-Up would be avoided.

A "Berserker" power-up.

Ahhh. Borderlands nostalgia!

A "Berserker" power-up.

The idea of a random cool-down time in itself I think would be confusing. Players would just be like "Why can't I move?" I think if they were to add effects like dizziness and disorientation, it would be better. But it can only last a few seconds or the players themselves would get dizzy and the Power-Up would be avoided.

Yes. Good idea. Perhaps instead of restraining their hands after the power-up, they can use everything as soon as the power-up ends, but the player is now red-screened and their vision is blurred and distorted. Good way to illustrate that the "berserker rage" has taken it's toll. Would still make this power-up a godsend when you're in the high rounds, but if you don't anticipate the pending cool-down and you chase the zombies into a tight corridor, you could be screwed. Few seconds, sure...If the power-up lasts 60 seconds, a 12 second cool-down would be appropriate.

Thanks for the input, MMX!

What about if it's a perk that cuts the price of everything down? Like, for 30 seconds, everything becomes half price- perks, box weapons, weapons off the wall and their ammo, doors, the pack-a-punch machine and anything else they add in to this map new that costs money? Just a thought, it's a perk that could be considered OP but it's really going to only be effective in the early rounds, as in the later rounds who's going to need to pack-a-punch or buy perks on the cheap, right?

What about if it's a perk that cuts the price of everything down? Like, for 30 seconds, everything becomes half price- perks, box weapons, weapons off the wall and their ammo, doors, the pack-a-punch machine and anything else they add in to this map new that costs money? Just a thought, it's a perk that could be considered OP but it's really going to only be effective in the early rounds, as in the later rounds who's going to need to pack-a-punch or buy perks on the cheap, right?

Thats what I actually thought Bonfire Sale was till I got it in Five. I think this would be a cool idea.