Mob of the Dead reference in the Origins trailer...

Rookie

So i tried searching this for this in the forums and I didnt find it but I want to know whats your thought about the blood viles having Sal de Luca and Finn O'leary's (name spelled wrong i guess) prisoner number on the blood viles carried by Richtofen ? Do you think it will play a part?

For me, and i know i will get shot down, but i really always believed that MotD was connected to the story line somehow and many story theorist will say that i was wrong but Arlington heard nikolai's name and this is one theory i read somewhere , that maybe the comic book story we are following is written by Arlington himself. Again i am sceptical about the theory but strongly believe that MotD and Origins will have some connection.

Thoughts guys?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

We won't know until we see everything once the DLC drops. To say that there's a connection between MotD and Origins would take more than just a few numbers. In 1917, the MotD crew were not inmates at Alcatraz yet. It's impossible for it to be their blood vials.

Speaking of MotD, it was more of a safe-guarded prequel to what we knew had occurred (Der Riese onwards). Origins is yet another prequel but to the entire storyline. Hell - it might even force us to rethink what we know about Zombies. Mob of the Dead gave us better insight on what else can control the zombies and what was going on outside the perspective of what we know.

I don't really know about the in-depth part of the zombies storyline, but maybe richtophen created Arlington so he could write the zombies storyline for bo2, and motd is in the same universe as the O4. That would explain the blood vials, cloning or whatvever. I may sound like an idiot, because this might already be a theory, and if it is that case please disregard that paragraph.

We won't know until we see everything once the DLC drops. To say that there's a connection between MotD and Origins would take more than just a few numbers. In 1917, the MotD crew were not inmates at Alcatraz yet. It's impossible for it to be their blood vials.

Speaking of MotD, it was more of a safe-guarded prequel to what we knew had occurred (Der Riese onwards). Origins is yet another prequel but to the entire storyline. Hell - it might even force us to rethink what we know about Zombies. Mob of the Dead gave us better insight on what else can control the zombies and what was going on outside the perspective of what we know.

I agree, i guess it all just a waiting game....man i am pumped! Thanks for the insight!

At first I was all stoked because I took it as Mob blatantly tying into the story and maybe Richtofin had collected blood samples to clone them or something but then I realized that this is the very first zombie map and it takes place before the Mob of the Dead characters were possibly even born and Alcatraz turned into a prison so how could that be?

However, even though those particular characters aren't involved yet Treyarch probably wouldn't just throw those prisoner numbers in for no reason, there's certainly a reason behind it.

i believe that Mob of the Dead is its own standalone map with next to nothing to do with the story line.

now to begin with i thought it had EVERYTHING to do with the story line. but as i learnt more about the story and the O4 and N4 my mind quickly changed. i think MotD was released purely to show what is happening in our main story, a cycle. a cycle that needs to be broken. at the start of almost every zombie game, one of the characters says something that imply they have been there before e.g. "we need to tun the power on, how original" cant think of anymore off the top of my head.

but yeah, i honestly believe that MotD is just there to show whats happening in the story. but on a much smaller scale. just my 2 cents.

There was that old periodic table that listed 115 as Divinium, or something. Like it's divine. Maybe those two prisoners had 115 appear in their blood, in their dead bodies, as their souls were trapped in purgatory. Somehow, Richtofen was able to find out that it had some sort of spiritual significance, so he took a sample, and extracted some Uup from it? Sounds quite far fetched, though.

Guys I dont know y, i really dont but i have this gut feeling that MotD is related i mean y would you make a stand alone map? Remember Call of the Dead? People thought about it the same way but in that the O4 made an appearance linking the map to the story, but here there is just the mention of nikolai. I dunno y but it just dosn't seem like treyarch to go out of their way to make a stand alone map with real actors, a whole new concept and in a prison that is identical to the real thing. Call me crazy, maybe I am wrong, but i have this real strong feeling about it.

I noticed some more evidence the two are connected,..

hard to see in this but it says Alcatraz island bottom right on the origins bio pic,..

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/dlc4-apocalypse

This just further strengthens my belief that there is a connection.....thanks! And yea, NICE FIND!

Fuck yea. THEY CALLED ME CRAZY. THEY CALLED ME INSANE. BUT I KNEW. I ALWAYS KNOW.

I know what you mean man. I doubted it many times but it felt wrong. I mean treyarch NEVER does anything without a reason, but that aside, i know what you feel dude. Lets see if we are right after all or not....

A friend told me that after you complete the Moon easter egg, Nikolai might say, "We have to save the Weasel!" Can anyone confirm this?

Really? I cant confirm it cause i dont have the map. (Cause i live in thailand and therefore the DLC was reigion locked for me) IF this is true, This is the first solid connection we might have!

A friend told me that after you complete the Moon easter egg, Nikolai might say, "We have to save the Weasel!" Can anyone confirm this?

Really? I cant confirm it cause i dont have the map. (Cause i live in thailand and therefore the DLC was reigion locked for me) IF this is true, This is the first solid connection we might have!

I just did a quick check around the web and sadly no such thing is said by Nikolai. Your friend is wrong, but hey thanks for the feedback!

Hhhmmm.... Sense this map is being made by both the campagin team and the zombie team (before anyone gets any but-hurt, MOTD was in main production by the campagin team with help from the zombies team, which were at the time, working on buried, if they didn't let the camp. Team work on MOTD buried or MOTD would have been a lesser map.)

It may be possible to have an Easter egg effected by both the button and breaking the cycle... (and before anyone says "this is a prequel map" all maps happen in order of the story so far, I have my beleif MOTD actually takes place in 20??, and thus we look to the past (In which I mean the future) as we head for the future (as I mean the past)

Hhhmmm.... Sense this map is being made by both the campagin team and the zombie team (before anyone gets any but-hurt, MOTD was in main production by the campagin team with help from the zombies team, which were at the time, working on buried, if they didn't let the camp. Team work on MOTD buried or MOTD would have been a lesser map.)

It may be possible to have an Easter egg effected by both the button and breaking the cycle... (and before anyone says "this is a prequel map" all maps happen in order of the story so far, I have my beleif MOTD actually takes place in 20??, and thus we look to the past (In which I mean the future) as we head for the future (as I mean the past)

Sorry if i sound rude but..... the MAJOR flaw with your reasoning is that this isnt chronological, i mean MoTD clearly takes place somewhere in 1930's(unsure about the year) because of the incomplete GG bridge, the news paper and the various other references whereas in the reveal trailer of Origin they clearly state that this takes place in 1917 (WW1). Now this is not far off in terms of the time span but in terms of MoTD taking place in the 1920 is just preposterous.

A: No one has said this map takes place in 1917, that's all speculation with the letters.. They say they "return to when the characters first met"...

B: MOTD takes place in hell... The've been there sense 1933, it's entirely possible their "cycle" is in a seperate time bubble where nothing ever ages... Meaning the GGB would never be compleated, and they've been sitting there fighting zombies for nearly 100 years now.... Never succeeding in breaking the cycle, until one day, four perk machines appeared where there wasn't noramaly: Juggernog, speedcola, double tap, and deadshot. Using their newfound drinks, the four were actually able to compleate the cycle 3 times without being "killed"... And having their memory's eraced (except the Weasle: He never had his mind eraced) and thus they could end the cycle: The Weasle who wasn't a Fallower of the sins:

Billy: Thou shall not murder

Sal: Thou shal not commit adultury

Finn: Thou shal not lie

Was able to escape the eyes of lucifer and thus, should he escape his wrong-doings in his freinds, would mean he would pass on into heaven... If not, the cycle is in tact and he is killed and forced to repeat the process....

The cutscene in the begining is not the real Alcatraz either, it's purgatory, a place where god would deside the fate of the Weasle, should he serve his sentence and wait patiently, he would Assend... However if he were to be fooled by his freinds and lie and murder... He would instantly be sent to a zombie-filled hell... The cutscene is why Weasle is in hell...

A: No one has said this map takes place in 1917, that's all speculation with the letters.. They say they "return to when the characters first met"...

B: MOTD takes place in hell... The've been there sense 1933, it's entirely possible their "cycle" is in a seperate time bubble where nothing ever ages... Meaning the GGB would never be compleated, and they've been sitting there fighting zombies for nearly 100 years now.... Never succeeding in breaking the cycle, until one day, four perk machines appeared where there wasn't noramaly: Juggernog, speedcola, double tap, and deadshot. Using their newfound drinks, the four were actually able to compleate the cycle 3 times without being "killed"... And having their memory's eraced (except the Weasle: He never had his mind eraced) and thus they could end the cycle: The Weasle who wasn't a Fallower of the sins:

Billy: Thou shall not murder

Sal: Thou shal not commit adultury

Finn: Thou shal not lie

Was able to escape the eyes of lucifer and thus, should he escape his wrong-doings in his freinds, would mean he would pass on into heaven... If not, the cycle is in tact and he is killed and forced to repeat the process....

The cutscene in the begining is not the real Alcatraz either, it's purgatory, a place where god would deside the fate of the Weasle, should he serve his sentence and wait patiently, he would Assend... However if he were to be fooled by his freinds and lie and murder... He would instantly be sent to a zombie-filled hell... The cutscene is why Weasle is in hell...

Dude i apologize man. You are rite, i saw the trailer again and there is no date mentioned. As for the B part you blew my mind. I SHIT YOU NOT, i never thought about it that way or knew that the three characters represent the three sins.

Now lets see here, 2 blood viles belonging to Sal who committed adultery and Finn who lied, both in the hands of Richtofen who actually committed both the sins. But he also murdered , so there is the flaw in my theory , but that aside thanks for enlightening me with this dude. And i apologize for being rude and shooting you down like that.