Cinematic Intro: Any Thoughts?

Eib Moz

Since the characters are left on moon, I wonder how the cinematic will be for origin. The last two DLC, Buried and Die Rise,displays comic like movements and background story. What are your thoughts on the O4's first ever cinematic? (Hopefully, they time travel but Treyarch mentions it as a prequel.)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be a prequel, based on their differing appearance and the fact that Richtofen is present. As such, they could do anything from explaining the discovery of 115 to having the characters meet for the first time. Since it's supposed to be a cinematic, it should be like Nacht,Five, COTD, and MOTD did it, actually cinematic instead of a comic book.

I prefer the comic style, still frames with voice overs. It's a dying style these days and they pull it off so well.

MOTD had an amazing introduction, but it just goes to show how far off the map is compared to the rest of the game. That, or they were just staying parallel to the COTD cinematic intro.

I do think, Origins will have a cinematic introduction just because of the teaser we saw, of the guy running through the trenches and gets crushed. Loving the atmosphere this map is giving, its going to be very WaW feeling I am hoping.

Sorry of this is a little off topic.

I haven't seen anyone mention that the 4 characters are all in the same uniform. Why would 4 people from 4 different countries all be wearing the same military uniform?

Hopefully that explanation will be included if there is a opening cinematic.

Sorry of this is a little off topic.

I haven't seen anyone mention that the 4 characters are all in the same uniform. Why would 4 people from 4 different countries all be wearing the same military uniform?

Hopefully that explanation will be included if there is a opening cinematic.

None of them are wearing the same uniform. In fact, richtofen isn't wearing a uniform at all, Nikolai has a sort of pilot suit, and Takeo's sticks out from dempsey in the collar area, and various other ways

I honestly think there's going to be some time-travel space-time rift stuff going on in this map. I doubt it's just an innocent little prequel. I expect it to have a MotD style intro. They're all fighting, when suddenly-- giant robots and zombies everywhere! They regroup in a brief "wait, what the-" moment (not unlike when weasel seemingly fails to kill the guard) and then the music starts, killing montage, Yadda Yadda Yadda.

I don't think there will be an intro cinematic...

The O4 have NEVER had an intro... And why should they? They're awesome enough without it!

I'm guessing we'll get a cryptic loading screen with one, or perhaps all off, the O4 talking over it...

It's already confirmed there will be a cinematic.

The O4 have NEVER had an intro... And why should they? They're awesome enough without it!

I'm guessing we'll get a cryptic loading screen with one, or perhaps all off, the O4 talking over it...

But with the O4 in it?

The cinematic in the teaser shows a man being crushed by a robot... I doubt he lived through that!

But with the O4 in it?

The cinematic in the teaser shows a man being crushed by a robot... I doubt he lived through that!

Well I'd just like to point out that nobody survived in the MotD cutscene. ;)

But with the O4 in it?

Well I'd just like to point out that nobody survived in the MotD cutscene. ;)

Technically there was no one LIVING in the MOTD clip! :twisted:

but there was someone living in the die rise cutscene ;)

epic last dlc map,.. we'll get an intro :D

edit: wow took a couple goes to get 3 quote limit right, had to delete and resubmit in the end :oops: :lol:

edit2: and yet theres 4 quotes up there :? im still learning :lol: