What do you guys think of Origins at the moment?

Fluxanda

Hi!

I just wanted to create this post to see what you guys are thinking about the new black ops 2 zombies map 'Origins'!

I personally think that the map will beat all of the maps, so far in Black ops 2, and will (hopefully!) get me back to zombies!! :P Lately I think that the map packs they have been releasing have been mediocre, but this one looks EPIC! :lol:

I have a link here to a video that analyses the map origin, if you want to you can watch it and tell me what you think of the map after that: http://youtu.be/BWfF9Qj_yWI

Thanks For Reading!

-Flux

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really want to test the boundaries of Zombies by the looks of it. I am interested in how the Robots will play a part and do wonder what the connection between Origins and MOTD.

I'll find a way to have fun with Zombies no matter what, I like TranZit and seeing how the guy said "Biggest Map" they ever did I'm going to like it.

I'm really frigging excited. Not only is it so soon after Vengeance, its before the school year starts so I can get it out of my system and not slack haha.

The reveal trailer gave me goosebumps the likes of which I haven't felt since the Mob trailers, everything that I've seen just gives me a really good feeling.

Its not an 8 player map and we don't have any of the old maps but this map just looks like top notch next level stuff, stuff I never imagined I'd get to see in zombies.

As long as we get some more survival maps (Maybe a bit bigger than the Green Run maps)

But for the map itself as long as we have good training spots, Tank and Nikolai being best bros, The MP40 and TEDD as the tank driver (In military gear) I'll be happy.

wat? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?

that all sounds terrible. except the mp40, i mean its whatever

id like difficult training spots that take skill. good camping spots that are fairly simple in early rounds but become difficult enough to force movement in upper rounds.

black ops was a good mix of difficulty and fun i thought. these maps in black ops 2 for the most part have been too easy imo. only map i got to 50+ on in solo on black ops 1 was ascension. i'm probably a better player now, but i still doubt i could just get to 50 at will on CotD or Shang like i can on Mob or Buried. and probably die rise, but i've never done the buddha room, just cuz it seemed too easy so i always did the cafeteria room.

anyway. yes i want it to be difficult but not impossible, with a rather large learning curve. something that will take minutes to learn but hours to master

Personally I think there is NOTHING stopping this map from being truely amazing, however I am DEEPLY concerned of the storyline aspect... If it doesn't tie in with the burried Easter egg... Well that seems like a lot of work put into the towers for not much reward... We didn't even get an acheivement....

It's a prequel, so it shouldn't tie into the towers. That will probably be in the next game.

Personally I think there is NOTHING stopping this map from being truely amazing, however I am DEEPLY concerned of the storyline aspect... If it doesn't tie in with the burried Easter egg... Well that seems like a lot of work put into the towers for not much reward... We didn't even get an acheivement....

It's a prequel, so it shouldn't tie into the towers. That will probably be in the next game.

Then all the work for the towers was completely in vain, it does not matter what we did, we got no proof we did it, we got no satisfaction for doing it. All we got was a pointless fire sale, special zombies, and mule kick + for one game... That's NOT a good enough award for the buried easter egg... That took more time, effort, and coordination then the shangri-la EE, and THAT gave us the key to blowing up the earth, what did the buried one do? Give us a horrible split ending that feels like a total waist of our time....

If there is no tie-in to the button in DLC 4 (which i can imagine many ways it could), I have lost all hope for the zombies storyline and BO2 would be a dead game in my book...

Then all the work for the towers was completely in vain, it does not matter what we did, we got no proof we did it, we got no satisfaction for doing it. All we got was a pointless fire sale, special zombies, and mule kick + for one game... That's NOT a good enough award for the buried easter egg... That took more time, effort, and coordination then the shangri-la EE, and THAT gave us the key to blowing up the earth, what did the buried one do? Give us a horrible split ending that feels like a total waist of our time....

If there is no tie-in to the button in DLC 4 (which i can imagine many ways it could), I have lost all hope for the zombies storyline and BO2 would be a dead game in my book...

I don't know what EE's you're doing but Buried's EE was so much easier and simpler than Shang's. The last step isn't that hard either if you're playing with good people. I would put Buried as being easier than Die Rises's EE. All BO2 EE's are pretty easy compared to BO1.

On-Topic: I think so far it looks great and is going to be the BO2 zombeis map I've been wanting since this game came out as all others have been a bit of a disappointment for me. I really want more gameplay though and hope the fog is like CotD and NOT TRANZIT.

It's a prequel, so it shouldn't tie into the towers. That will probably be in the next game.{/quote]

I don't know what EE's you're doing but Buried's EE was so much easier and simpler than Shang's. The last step isn't that hard either if you're playing with good people. I would put Buried as being easier than Die Rises's EE. All BO2 EE's are pretty easy compared to BO1.

On-Topic: I think so far it looks great and is going to be the BO2 zombeis map I've been wanting since this game came out as all others have been a bit of a disappointment for me. I really want more gameplay though and hope the fog is like CotD and NOT TRANZIT.

i do have to respectfully disagree. die rise is about as simple as can be. and last step on buried, EVEN with good people it is very difficult and can be very frustrating.

And Shangri-la's EE was really not that tough i didnt think. the only beef I had with it was the tedious nature of having to do it 4 times to get everybody the perma-perks

Since the guys i normally play with are definitely not "sharpshooters" I would appreciate if no more zombie EE's had a aim/cod skill based EE steps were on any future maps. Moon had it perfect I think where it had a couple steps in the EE that literally you had to kill zombies (the point of the whole damn game lol) And I think we've kinda gotten lost in BO2 as far as the point of killing zombies has kinda become secondary

The shangri la's easter egg in BO1 was the hardest IMO of the three (not including accession's that one may have exceeded shangri la)

But it was possible to do with any four people.... You try doing the buried EE with randoms? FORGET ABOUT IT! It's impossible because there's always A player who can't hit his targets, shoots leroy, quits or some other annoyance....

I would take the Shangri-la EE over the Buried EE any-day...

The die rise one was simple from the start, and even simpler with the bank now....

Round 1: Take the elevator to the bottom, everyone grabs a key, takes 10000 points out their bank and turns on power.... Then two people stay near their elevators on this building, two others climb to the second building... Everyone uses their key on an elevator, then steps on it for easy link-age. Then the other step with the other tiles is done. Then have one guy build the seliquifier while one guy gets the SVU and the two others build tramplesteams. Snipe the dragons, wet the orbs, and palce your tramplesteams.

Round 3: after a round or two of killing zombies with tramp. the tower will light up and you can save a zombie again, have one guy train the zombie while everyone else looks for mahjong tiles and one guy buys galvas. Then knife the tower and BAM! Die rise is done...

For maxis it's a bit more complicated (and i don't know it) but fairly similar, worse case sinario you finish on round 5-10.

Buried:

Round one: Save a zombie, open bank, release leroy, get jug, get paralizer, get time bomb, get galvas, open up what you can with booze, build guillotine, paralyze orbs, collect lantern, fill with ghosts, place on roof, do wisp step:

Round 2: compleate the round Infinity step, save a zombie, hit the levers (takes forEVER), then spend an even LONGER time learning, shooting and failing at the target step...

So yeah technically this easter egg could be done on round 2 but it takes about four times as long and if ONE guy quits you're screwed! In die rise, after the trample steam has been placed you dont need a fourth guy anymore....

The shangri la's easter egg in BO1 was the hardest IMO of the three (not including accession's that one may have exceeded shangri la)

But it was possible to do with any four people.... You try doing the buried EE with randoms? FORGET ABOUT IT! It's impossible because there's always A player who can't hit his targets, shoots leroy, quits or some other annoyance....

I would take the Shangri-la EE over the Buried EE any-day...

The die rise one was simple from the start, and even simpler with the bank now....

Round 1: Take the elevator to the bottom, everyone grabs a key, takes 10000 points out their bank and turns on power.... Then two people stay near their elevators on this building, two others climb to the second building... Everyone uses their key on an elevator, then steps on it for easy link-age. Then the other step with the other tiles is done. Then have one guy build the seliquifier while one guy gets the SVU and the two others build tramplesteams. Snipe the dragons, wet the orbs, and palce your tramplesteams.

Round 3: after a round or two of killing zombies with tramp. the tower will light up and you can save a zombie again, have one guy train the zombie while everyone else looks for mahjong tiles and one guy buys galvas. Then knife the tower and BAM! Die rise is done...

For maxis it's a bit more complicated (and i don't know it) but fairly similar, worse case sinario you finish on round 5-10.

Buried:

Round one: Save a zombie, open bank, release leroy, get jug, get paralizer, get time bomb, get galvas, open up what you can with booze, build guillotine, paralyze orbs, collect lantern, fill with ghosts, place on roof, do wisp step:

Round 2: compleate the round Infinity step, save a zombie, hit the levers (takes forEVER), then spend an even LONGER time learning, shooting and failing at the target step...

So yeah technically this easter egg could be done on round 2 but it takes about four times as long and if ONE guy quits you're screwed! In die rise, after the trample steam has been placed you dont need a fourth guy anymore....

now it's been a while for me, but if i remember correctly the hardest part of shang was waiting for the napalm zombie and then guiding him through the tunnel? now that I think about it, this one woiuld be tough to do with randoms too, because of the "memory" step bcause it would take a while for you to sync up your nomenclature for the shapes.

and honestly, even Ascension wasn't too awful hard I did that with randoms. shang and buried are the only two EE's (and maybe CotD dont remember) that i haven't been able to complete with randoms