Easter Egg Theory

HeadHunter

Hi guys, I usually just lurk around the forums and read what others have to say, but after thinking about this for a little while, I think I may have a theory for the Easter Egg.

Now, in Call of the Dead, the characters we played as had to help the O4 get out of the room. Now what if, the O4 have figured out how to correctly use the teleporter correctly and have traveled back in time to where they have first encountered the zombies. Why I mentioned Call of the Dead, is because they could be trapped in a room so they don't encounter their former selves and create some type of paradox. BUT, if Treyarch do wish, they could even have the O4 (of course, with Samantha in Richtofen's body) be NPC's outside along with the younger O4, except much older/elderly, showing that they have been stuck on the Moon for many years.

Anyway, maybe the Easter Egg could be that you have to help the older O4 try and change the timeline so they didn't get trapped on the Moon in the first place, or maybe even go the MOTD route and KILL the younger Richtofen to prevent it all from happening.

To go the MOTD route would be to finally end the Great Zombies Storyline, but to try and change their timeline could continue the story in the next Treyarch game, leaving you to play as the younger O4 in the games to come.

Like I have said, this was just something I thought of off the top of my head, but it would be great to see some feedback and opinions on what I have said

Thank you,

-HH.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do partially agree with this, yes. But I don't want two endings like Buried where no one knows what actually happened (canon). It's already known that there will be more zombies. Based on the staples in the comic books. They need to go with one definite ending and say "Hey. This is it. Wait until the next game to find out what happens next."

I do partially agree with this, yes. But I don't want two endings like Buried where no one knows what actually happened (canon). It's already known that there will be more zombies. Based on the staples in the comic books. They need to go with one definite ending and say "Hey. This is it. Wait until the next game to find out what happens next."

Why does no one understand that both endings would be canon. In the campaign we have 4 different endings with all of them being canon. For zombies we get the ending that WE choose. It's that way with Buried and if we get an EE like MotD's for Origins then it will be this way for Origins as well.

Why does no one understand that both endings would be canon. In the campaign we have 4 different endings with all of them being canon. For zombies we get the ending that WE choose. It's that way with Buried and if we get an EE like MotD's for Origins then it will be this way for Origins as well.

Exactly, I don't understand why Treyarch would only make one side canon when we are choosing which side to go on. We get to choose because there will be different outcomes and both will be canon. Because I'm sure if Richtofen wasn't canon, they wouldn't have said to keep to one side when doing the Easter eggs.

*forgets how the campaign has four endings*...

Haha, don't worry. I don't think that many people know it does anyways.

This is why I completely believe this will be end of Zombies. We get to choose our ending. We choose what happens. They can't possibly continue from BO2 storyline since they gave us 4 different endings (unless they pull a Mass Effect). It's the same with zombies and the 2 endings they give us in Buried and possibly Origins.

*forgets how the campaign has four endings*...

Haha, don't worry. I don't think that many people know it does anyways.

This is why I completely believe this will be end of Zombies. We get to choose our ending. We choose what happens. They can't possibly continue from BO2 storyline since they gave us 4 different endings (unless they pull a Mass Effect). It's the same with zombies and the 2 endings they give us in Buried and possibly Origins.

New storyline.

I can think of two possible outcomes.

1) This is simply a prequel. Something new to the history we known of since Der Riese up to Moon

2) The choice we made in Buried (Pushing the Button for either Maxis or Richtofen) had allowed something to happen to where the Original four of that timeline must correct or change something. In a sense, what they (as in we) do in Origins could end the story or re-boot it.