Hopes for Weapons?

Lobstercock

It's "Diesel Punk" WWI themed. This means there's great potential to see some classic rifles in zombie killing action. What are your hopes for historical weapons?

I'd like to see the staples of WWI at least. The Kar98s, Lee-Enfields, Ross Rifles, etc. Maybe a Maxim Machine Gun emplacement or even a Lewis Gun?

We know the original characters are returning, so there's always hope from historical weapons of all factions, right?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said they had two era specific weapons, so that leaves out the majority of WWI weaponry. We ARE getting at least one WWII gun, however: the MP40.

Frankly, I doubt we'd get anymore rifles, unless they replace the olympia as a starting weapon. WWI really doesn't have a whole lot of good zombie killing weapons otherwise.

I could see the M1927 coming back as well, or the regular thompson. Nothing else really fits unless they really want to go the distance and bring back WaW favorites.

All they would have to do is make the damage similar to a sniper rifle on any bolt-action and voila, you have a viable weapon option.

I say have a Kar98, with the damage doubling the SVU.

Might seem a bit OP, but it's bolt action AND only has 5 rounds per stripper clip.

Make all bolt action rifles like that and they'd be fan favourites.

Hopefully we'll get the trench spike in the galvaknuckles's place. A trench spike is literally just brass knuckles fitted with a 9-inch spike used during WWI. It was designed for stabbing downward through steel helmets in trenches, so naturally it could pierce a human skull with relative ease. The melee lunge animation would be a downward stabbing motion, and the non-lunge animation could just be punching them like with galvaknuckles.

(You hold it forward with the blade facing downward vertically. )

Hopefully we'll get the trench spike in the galvaknuckles's place. A trench spike is literally just brass knuckles fitted with a 9-inch spike used during WWI. It was designed for stabbing downward through steel helmets in trenches, so naturally it could pierce a human skull with relative ease. The melee lunge animation would be a downward stabbing motion, and the non-lunge animation could just be punching them like with galvaknuckles.

(You hold it forward with the blade facing downward vertically. )

THEN WE COULD FINALLY BE GANSTER HOMIE-G's FIGHTING THE ZOM-B's!

Besides the joking, I like that idea. But I don't see it being better then a Bowie knife. Like it could be the universal buyable melee weapon, for five thousand, and lasts in terms of one hitters, until round thirteen.

• Administrators

Trench knife is absolutely amazing. It would probably just hold the same animation of a Ballistic Knife minus the extra knife of course.

Any form of a rifle would work for me. WWI, WWII, I don't care - throw us a curveball and surprise us in your weapon selection (as if you didn't already), Treyarch.

I'm gonna state the obvious and ask for the damn Trench Gun back. I mean, it makes sense, right? We're in trenches, the gun was made for trench warfare...it would be stupid NOT to include it! Plus I miss the Gut Shot.

I second that. I feel like such a badass using it. *POW* *Chh-Chh* that's how a shotgun should feel. I also like the Double-Barrel and hope it comes back.

If a wonder weapon were to return it would likely be the DG-2 or the thunder gun, because those are what fans want most. However each map typically has its own unique iconic weapon. Apart from the remastered WaW maps, I think the same wonder weapon again would break that tradition a bit. And I wouldn't like that.

Oh yeah, and the thunder gun in ascension.

Anyway, they said the wonder weapons use super-natural powers. I guess that makes sense since 115 hasn't been weaponized yet, as it was just discovered. I can't imagine what they could do / be, but I expect to get blown away.

I'm gonna state the obvious and ask for the damn Trench Gun back. I mean, it makes sense, right? We're in trenches, the gun was made for trench warfare...it would be stupid NOT to include it! Plus I miss the Gut Shot.

I second that. I feel like such a badass using it. *POW* *Chh-Chh* that's how a shotgun should feel. I also like the Double-Barrel and hope it comes back.

If a wonder weapon were to return it would likely be the DG-2 or the thunder gun, because those are what fans want most. However each map typically has its own unique iconic weapon. Apart from the remastered WaW maps, I think the same wonder weapon again would break that tradition a bit. And I wouldn't like that.

Anyway, they said the wonder weapons use super-natural powers. I guess that makes sense since 115 hasn't been weaponized yet, as it was just discovered. I can't imagine what they could do / be, but I expect to get blown away.

Here's a Supernatural Wonder Weapon For Ya:

A PARAYLZING DOUBLE BARRELED SLIQUIFIED THUNDER JET GUN DG-2 *cough* With an ACOG scope *cough*

Here's a Supernatural Wonder Weapon For Ya:

A PARAYLZING DOUBLE BARRELED SLIQUIFIED THUNDER JET GUN DG-2 *cough* With an ACOG scope *cough*

And it shoots explosive electric shrinking laser beam acid cluster bomb black hole torpedoes!