Why Der Riese has this name (update)

emanuel_935

What's up guys?

So I think everybody knows that Der Riese means The giant. So in the Apocalypse trailer we can see a giant robot, what if this giant robot was made in this facility known as now "Der Riese"?

And do you remember when maxis said he couldn't be in the material world... yet? Some people said that he would use a robot, because, he can control some electronics. he would use this giant robot to reach Agartha (in the future, not in 1917)

So.. discuss :) and sorry for my bad english :/

EDIT: Do you remember that radio in Shi no numa? " The giant must remain *static* at all costs, repeat, Der Riese must be contained at all costs." What if he wasn't talking about the Der Riese factory, but, the "Der Riese Robot", or, in english, "The Giant robot"? Peter should contain this giant robot at all costs, because if he didn't, Germany would win WW1.

That's why I believe this giant robot from "origins", Der Riese and Group 935 are all connected, but we'll only be sure on August 27th

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up guys?

So I think everybody knows that Der Riese means The giant. So in the Apocalypse trailer we can see a giant robot, what if this giant robot was made in this facility known as now "Der Riese"?

And do you remember when maxis said he couldn't be in the material world... yet? Some people said that he would use a robot, because, he can control some electronics. he would use this giant robot to reach Agartha (in the future, not in 1917)

Maybe :)and its fine :)

wow, throw this guy another medal for best contribution yet

Der Reise 'The Giant' was a place in real life where Nazi wonder weapons were worked on but thats more super-weapons and time-travel and perk-machines in Zombies. Three giant robots are seen on the poster(?) for Origins I don't think three giant robots could've been hidden at Der Reises facility.

Der Reise 'The Giant' was a place in real life where Nazi wonder weapons were worked on but thats more super-weapons and time-travel and perk-machines in Zombies. Three giant robots are seen on the poster(?) for Origins I don't think three giant robots could've been hidden at Der Reises facility.

Maybe the giant robot wasn't produced in Der Riese, but, it could be the reason why it is called Der Riese.

We're talking about the 1000 foot tall giant, roaming around the map. It's quite possible this robot was made in Der Riese... and maybe it was teleported from that location to France.

:lol: Attitude?I like you :)

If it was made in Der Riese, I doubt it was teleported from there. Teleportation wasn't utilized until Richtofen made it so in the 1940s, and that was fairly limited at the time.

Maybe the giant robot escaped or gained sentience? Or Maxis simply "rode" him to France to win WWI?

I just had the funniest mental image ever of Maxis sitting atop the robot shouting 'Giddyup!' And whipping it's 'face' thank you flammen for that priceless mental scenario.

I think it's a pretty obvious connection. Because... Well... It is a Giant :P

Obviously there's no real proof of there being Giants in Der Riese. We've never really known all of what it was used for though, so we can't be sure.

Thinking about Der Riese as a map and a location I can't really think of any areas that would be big enough to house and massive stonking big Diesel-Punk robot! Unless there's a massive holding area in the map that we weren't able to see :P

i beleive the giant was created at Der Riese, there is plenty of info around to back this up. The only place they could house a giant robot there would be the spawn area witht the teleporter and pack a punch. Also look around the map, its half destroyed, walls crumbling. Could these be signs of a escape? maybe the mechanical man bust his way out.

It reminds me of Doctor Krauss from the hellboy series. He is basically a ghost but he "possesses" a metal and glass suit so that he can interact with solid objects like a human. I can imagine maxis doing something like that, although he would actually have a body at this point in time.

Also I already made a thread on this topic, but that's ok.

Here is just my two cents, what if the easter egg in origins is to defeat the giant so that the german army can use parts of this mysterious robot to help build the facility. Now how the robot got there some of the smarter comrades on this site will have to explain that. After the german army sees the power that this robot has they want to harness that power and use it for world domination. Just a theory I hardly post on this site I just love reading some of the ideas guys come up with.

Well don't ask me how, but what if Der Riese IS the giant robots?

There were three teleporters in Der Riese, three Giants that we can see. But I don't even know if that facility was built in 1917 so I'm probably wrong. But it would be pretty cool to see our old map actually be a collective robotic facility that was alive pre outbreak.

What's up guys?

Emanuel?Don't I know you from somewhere?

Regardless,I think it's a little unlikely.Maybe Maxis use a robot?Yes,maybe.But why use a robot when you can just jump over from human body to human body,and why use a robot when you can unlock Agharta?It isn't clear for me why he would use a robot,but anyway,the idea was fine.

There has literally been no evidence to show that Group 935 ever worked on giant robots.

Any connection between the two lies in the similarity between the fact that the robots in the Origins trailer are gigantic, and the fact that Der Riese's English translation is "The Giant".

Unless evidence is found in Origins to confirm Group 935 worked on them at Der Riese, it's merely a coincidence.

What's up guys?

Emanuel?Don't I know you from somewhere?

Regardless,I think it's a little unlikely.Maybe Maxis use a robot?Yes,maybe.But why use a robot when you can just jump over from human body to human body,and why use a robot when you can unlock Agharta?It isn't clear for me why he would use a robot,but anyway,the idea was fine.

haha yeah... I'm exactly the same Emanuel you're thinking haha...

Well, we don't have any proof that maxis can control humans (Richtofen can, but Maxis, we actually don't know for sure). And, I just came up with this idea because I've seen a topic that was saying about this quote of maxis, saying he could use a robot, so why not use a giant robot? And Maxis can control robots so I just put two and two together. And I really don't understand how the aether will help maxis reaching agartha, I just think that he wanted to control the aether because if he didn't, Richtofen would mess up with his plans, but I don't have any proof because the map pack doesn't came out yet, so let's just wait and see what Treyarch is preparing.

If that's the case,glad to speak with you in english lol.

Anyway,it became a little less unlikely now.There's that guy in the Facebook Community that is apparently leaking information,and he's saying that the map does not take place when we think it is.Considering that what he said before the trailer had been confirmed when the trailer came out,so this must be an alternate timeline,a past-present situation or whatnot.

Although,it appears to me that Maxis has the same powers Richtofen have in the Buried's Engame.And considering his understanding about ethereal energy is greater than Richtofen's,things could be easier for him.So...

Aliás bem-vindo.Bem que tu falou que postava pouco aqui.

My personal thought on this matter is that the events that are about to unfold in Origins are truly what happened. We will finally see why the O4 had their memories erased and the whole reason Der Riese is called Der Riese is because the giant robots were encountered here/now and transported to a location so that a facility could be built around them. Der Riese wasn't named such so they could build "the giant," but so they could study it/them and learn from their technology.

• Administrators

There has literally been no evidence to show that Group 935 ever worked on giant robots.

Any connection between the two lies in the similarity between the fact that the robots in the Origins trailer are gigantic, and the fact that Der Riese's English translation is "The Giant".

Unless evidence is found in Origins to confirm Group 935 worked on them at Der Riese, it's merely a coincidence.

I'm going to have to agree with Shooter here. The Giant has a set meaning, whether it existed or not, and I haven't ever found a mention of it being a giant metallic robot or anything of the likes. Sure, Treyarch could take creative license, but I don't see them taking THIS much.