-

CdotRedz

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling the opening cutscene is going to do a lot for explaining where exactly we are. It certainly does seem odd that we're in 1917 with Zombies when the outbreak wasn't supposed to be until the 40s as far as we knew.

I'm imagining some kind of cutscene involving future Richtofen managing to pull off some kind of last time travel magic after the events of Buried in an attempt to contact the O4 in 1917 and like has been pointed out before, break the cycle, stopping Maxis before any of the other maps take place. It fits with the themes presented in MOTD.

The only thing I can't fit into that is the vials of the MOTD prisoner's blood that 1917 Richtofen seems to have. They have to make the connection between MOTD and the main story in this map otherwise what is the point? The only question is how does it fit in. Is this Temple connected to the original entity controlling Zombies? Is it related to the Pyramid on Moon? The Vril-ya? Aliens? Are we going to meet The Editor? Will Weasel be involved? Who knows.

And don't give me the "There is no connection it was a one off!" line because that is rubbish, in Zombies everything is connected, that's always been rule #1. Either way I'm excited at this promise of an ending, be it Zombies as a whole or just this "season" arc.

Two questions gambit

1. I didn't realize 1917 Richtofen had vials of blood from MotD crew? Where is this stated, in the origins trailer?

2. Who is this editor you speak of? Is this a reference to the announcer for MotD?

1. Yep when the camara pans up the bodies of the O4 Richtofen has two red vials, with Sals and Billy's( I think) blood in them. Of course it might not be blood and the numbers could be coincidence but...

2. In Weasels diary in the zombie Message of the Day, Weasel mentions that the "Editor" doesn't like his comic books and scribbles nasty comments on them. A small amount of people the prize that the editor is the announcer in MoTD

Two questions gambit

1. I didn't realize 1917 Richtofen had vials of blood from MotD crew? Where is this stated, in the origins trailer?

2. Who is this editor you speak of? Is this a reference to the announcer for MotD?

1. Yep when the camara pans up the bodies of the O4 Richtofen has two red vials, with Sals and Billy's( I think) blood in them. Of course it might not be blood and the numbers could be coincidence but...

2. In Weasels diary in the zombie Message of the Day, Weasel mentions that the "Editor" doesn't like his comic books and scribbles nasty comments on them. A small amount of people the prize that the editor is the announcer in MoTD

I think it was Finn's blood but I could be wrong.

Two questions gambit

Yeah pretty much what he said. Weasel makes several references to the Editor. It seems that the stuff Weasel draws in his comics can come true, and the Editor may have something to do with that, especially since his comments are written on that drawing which was pieced together. But yeah he's a likely candidate for the MOTD announcer.

Another thing I realised is that is Richtofen in this map is pre-Moon, i.e. before he got the voices and went mad then he's technically not got hidden Zombie related motives. Can anyone else see Treyarch pulling off an ending which involves 1917 Richtofen stopping Zombies from unfolding because he sees what madness he gets involved in? It would let Eddy finally be a real hero.

I have a feeling the opening cutscene is going to do a lot for explaining where exactly we are. It certainly does seem odd that we're in 1917 with Zombies when the outbreak wasn't supposed to be until the 40s as far as we knew.

I'm imagining some kind of cutscene involving future Richtofen managing to pull off some kind of last time travel magic after the events of Buried in an attempt to contact the O4 in 1917 and like has been pointed out before, break the cycle, stopping Maxis before any of the other maps take place. It fits with the themes presented in MOTD.

The only thing I can't fit into that is the vials of the MOTD prisoner's blood that 1917 Richtofen seems to have. They have to make the connection between MOTD and the main story in this map otherwise what is the point? The only question is how does it fit in. Is this Temple connected to the original entity controlling Zombies? Is it related to the Pyramid on Moon? The Vril-ya? Aliens? Are we going to meet The Editor? Will Weasel be involved? Who knows.

And don't give me the "There is no connection it was a one off!" line because that is rubbish, in Zombies everything is connected, that's always been rule #1. Either way I'm excited at this promise of an ending, be it Zombies as a whole or just this "season" arc.

THANK YOU! I've been trying to get that point across for a while now. Mob will have some true meaning in the grand scheme of things. And I think it WOULD be cool if Richofy finally realizes that he can prevent all this messed up feces that he's gotten the world into.